The Bigfooty Official Week 10 NBA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine you have a different trash can for the Celtics fans opinions that you also set on fire? Because that would be the right thing to have.

Okay, if any Celtics fan here advocated for trading Brown or Tatum, or that Jaylen wasn't worth the max extension, they also go in the bin. By and by, I tend to agree with most of the Celtics fans here, although I do seem to be one of the few that advocates trading Hayward and maybe picks for decent big man.

Also that post was done in jest/good humour for the most part :)

Cannot seriously say at this point Boston are legit title contenders, but the growth and development of the Jay-Birds has been extremely fun to watch, which helps playing in a good environment and coach.

They don't grow on trees, but teams like the Bulls, Knicks (possibly Pals too) need a coach like Brad Stevens or Nick Nurse, that have systems that does contain a big buy in for rookies/sophomore/younger age players etc.

There was quite a lot of Celtics fans who wanted Brad Stevens fired after last season (mainly on realgm) so they are the ones who can FRO most of all.. Clueless peanuts.

GSW have done well to hide Alen Smiley-Geek in the G-League so far this season, despite their injury crisis.

6'10" 19-year-old from Serbia, selected 39th overall in this year's draft, contracted until the end of 2023, averaging 16.82 points (on .515/.404/.667 shooting), 6.00 rebounds, 1.45 assists, 1.27 steals and 0.64 blocks in just 25.36 minutes per game for the Santa Cruz Warriors this year. Has a bit of trouble defending at this level, and fouls a lot as a result (averaging 3.55 fouls per game), but it'd certainly be tempting to give him a taste of NBA action with how depleted Golden State have been.

Kind of surprised the Warriors haven't called up Devonta Davis from their G-League team as well, for some extra interior size. Was disappointed when the Grizzlies dumped him around 18 months ago. Felt like with time (still just 23 years old, he had Whiteside kind of potential, albeit in a smaller package (6'9", 237lbs). His lack of a 3-point shot obviously hurts him in today's game, but I still think there's a place for him in the league somewhere.

Sixers refusing to give a s**t about a regular season away game in Orlando two days after their biggest win of the season, is absolutely my s**t and anyone that can't handle that s**t should probably follow the bucks.

Okay, if any Celtics fan here advocated for trading Brown or Tatum, or that Jaylen wasn't worth the max extension, they also go in the bin. By and by, I tend to agree with most of the Celtics fans here, although I do seem to be one of the few that advocates trading Hayward and maybe picks for decent big man.

Also that post was done in jest/good humour for the most part :)

Cannot seriously say at this point Boston are legit title contenders, but the growth and development of the Jay-Birds has been extremely fun to watch, which helps playing in a good environment and coach.

They don't grow on trees, but teams like the Bulls, Knicks (possibly Pals too) need a coach like Brad Stevens or Nick Nurse, that have systems that does contain a big buy in for rookies/sophomore/younger age players etc.

There was quite a lot of Celtics fans who wanted Brad Stevens fired after last season (mainly on realgm) so they are the ones who can FRO most of all.. Clueless peanuts.

Would the Celtics want Valanciunas? What could they offer the Grizzlies (would somehow like it somehow involve a return of Memphis' protected pick, but that's probably too far)? Is Hayward ($32.7M) for Jonas ($16.00M) + Iggy ($17.185M) a pipedream?

Rozier what an absolute flog

Rumour in the Celtic fanbse has it that Scary Terry was just as bad/toxic for team chemistry as Kyrie was last season (kept bitching about not being a starter etc)

Our depth/bench is obviously weaker, but it feels like addition by subtraction by letting him go.

Would the Celtics want Valanciunas? What could they offer the Grizzlies (would somehow like it somehow involve a return of Memphis' protected pick, but that's probably too far)? Is Hayward ($32.7M) for Jonas ($16.00M) + Iggy ($17.185M) a pipedream?

I wouldn't do that deal myself, esp as Iggy would only be a rental/buyout anyway.

My ideal scenario would be Hayward plus picks to the Knicks for Mitchell Robinson and some contracts the Knicks want to be rid of (heck even Dennis Smith Jnr who wants out)

There is rumours of KAT being available, but Boston don't have enough assets to get it done, although I doubt Sota will trade their franchise player under any circumstances anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GSW have done well to hide Alen Smiley-Geek in the G-League so far this season, despite their injury crisis.

6'10" 19-year-old from Serbia, selected 39th overall in this year's draft, contracted until the end of 2023, averaging 16.82 points (on .515/.404/.667 shooting), 6.00 rebounds, 1.45 assists, 1.27 steals and 0.64 blocks in just 25.36 minutes per game for the Santa Cruz Warriors this year. Has a bit of trouble defending at this level, and fouls a lot as a result (averaging 3.55 fouls per game), but it'd certainly be tempting to give him a taste of NBA action with how depleted Golden State have been.

What did I say about wanting stats to the third decimal place? :mad:

Bucks making a mess of the Hawks without Giannis. Up by 30 with 3:30 to play in the 3rd.

In our defense half the league has made a mess of us.

But on the positive side most thought our tanking process was mostly complete, but we are actually on track to have the worst record this season instead.

Did the hawks fire Bud or did he walk

Definitely not fired ... amicable walk I expect. The Millsap/Horford/Teague/Korver era was over and new ownership had a fairly big rebuild planned after the Dwight/Millsap/Schroeder/Baze thing didn't work.

Bud spent 10 years as an assistant to Pop and Hawks was his first head coach gig. He proved himself to be a gun coach (those first 4 + Demaree Carroll a 60 win season!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back