Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Rose had a habit of landing on one leg but I don't think that was a massive issue.

The play he tore his ACL was a simple hop step to which he still shouldn't have been in the game.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU THIBS!!!!!!

Don't most one-legged jumpers land on one leg?

As a related aside, I find the commonality and rigidity of two-legged jumpers in the NBA to be a strange phenomenon. I remember Jason Richardson saying once in an interview that he legitimately couldn't jump one-legged, could only do a two-legged take-off. That just seems so weird to me. I guess having grown up in Australia, there's not that many kids catching alley-oops or dunking from standing starts, so most are one-legged running jumpers.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
God Sacramento are horrid

Walton surely is under pressure

Fox being injured is so no excuse for some of the crap they have dished up

Not many coaches are under pressure 32 games into their coaching stint.

Fox has missed 18 games and Bagley has missed 23. That's two of their best three players from last year. And their only 2 games out of the playoffs.

Sending Gordy to Detroit?

He'll have to thank his former college coach later.

They can't win it without a good big man not sure how they work the books.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
They can't win it without a good big man not sure how they work the books.

Here's their cap sheet, good luck trying to find a working trade.

c1.png

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

This is actually kind of absurd on a couple of levels.

1) This is a Boylen coached team and he's ass.
2) We're 7 games below .500 which means if our defense is this good then our offense is legendary levels of bad.
3) Doing it without two of our best perimeter defenders in Porter and Hutch.

I feel..........conflicted and confused.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Ummmm, this group care to comment on Utah yet? Have well and truly dragged themselves out of the mire & are cooking lately.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Ummmm, this group care to comment on Utah yet? Have well and truly dragged themselves out of the mire & are cooking lately.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think it's a coincidence that they've begun playing better with Jingles back starting, he's playing better as well now that he's back playing the role he's suited to.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Lol, overreactions in December are a annual occurrence.

Their main 6/7 guys outside of Conley and Ingles' slow start have been fine. It's been the bench which has killed them.

u1.png

Any chance they get Conley to run the second unit after how good Mitchell has looked running the point?

They should try this, if for no other reason that Ingles has good chemistry with Gobert, and he and Mitchell have been essentially splitting de facto PG mins.

Bringing Conley off the bench is not an optimal way to use a $32 million point guard, but they should at least give it a go.

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

Their main 6/7 guys outside of Conley and Ingles' slow start have been fine. It's been the bench which has killed them.

View attachment 799382

They should try this, if for no other reason that Ingles has good chemistry with Gobert, and he and Mitchell have been essentially splitting de facto PG mins.

Bringing Conley off the bench is not an optimal way to use a $32 million point guard, but they should at least give it a go.
I think he has to come off the bench given how good they look right now and how they looked awful before the Conley injury

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

View attachment 799382

His price is irrelevant, his best role to help the team at this stage is coming off the bench with Clarkson

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep what they heck were the kings thinking trading and then giving Barnes an extension

Absolute waste of 22 mill a year on him

So many other better options out there at that price with a young core

Can’t shoot the 3 and plays 1 good game and then disappears for the Next 5

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
His price is irrelevant, his best role to help the team at this stage is coming off the bench with Clarkson

I know his price is irrelevant, and Conley's probably not the type to make waves.

But considering they used all their trade collateral and sacrificed depth to land him, it's not ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back