The Bigfooty Official Week 12 NBA Lonzo Ball discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
You're not making any sense.

He did what Perkins said he should do and now Perkins is trying to use that to criticize him because KD is destroying him.

He's a hypocritical no talent flog.

Right says the one who reckons Perkins’ contract was the reason okc lost James harden ok mate.

Well yeah perk has no chance to compare when it comes to talent stats etc
I didn’t agree with perk when this whole thing started by saying Westbrook was the best player okc ever had.
Perk got exactly what he wanted out of this tweet media shitstorm, KD replying and it going viral.
IMO perk wins.
I agree with you that he is a no talent flog though even at Boston too lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Right says the one who reckons Perkins’ contract was the reason okc lost James harden ok mate.

Well yeah perk has no chance to compare when it comes to talent stats etc
I didn’t agree with perk when this whole thing started by saying Westbrook was the best player okc ever had.
Perk got exactly what he wanted out of this tweet media shitstorm, KD replying and it going viral.
IMO perk wins.
I agree with you that he is a no talent flog though even at Boston too lol.

Given that it did.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
People seem to forget Russ pretty much single handedly drove KD out of OKC with his alpha bullshit attitude then played the heartbroken ex girlfriend in the post mortem. KD simply made the best move for himself which was to join a top team that shared the basketball, something he always wanted but never had with Russ at the helm. Can’t begrudge him for doing what was best for himself. Fact that him shining on the big stage b2b only brought on more hate goes to show how misguided the negativity towards him was from the start.

Russ did drive him out to a degree with the alpha personality for sure
Boston share the ball too.
We even brought Brady along to get him to us.
He wouldn’t have coped it even to this day if he joined Boston.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

I get all that but what about Ibakas contract ay, ffs they gave him the money extension instead of harden so wtf are they talking about?
It was all Sam presti and clay bennet for hardens departure cause they didn’t want to pay luxury tax. Works out after the repeater tax that kicked in after the 2014 season that they would’ve payed 80mil in luxury tax. Owners are worth close to billions and make hundreds of millions of dollars annually. Durants jersey sales alone wouldve payed for that luxury tax. Was a stupid move nonetheless that cost the thunder a dynasty.

Durants jersey sales alone wouldve payed for that luxury tax.

Now I am curious who gets how much of the Jersey sales pie. My brief search did not return much other than the players CBA dictates how it is split between players.

There are always billionaires who are simply that tight they will never change and treat every decision with a risk assessment.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Do you think that in the future a low post technician, like an Olajuwon, could become dominant again because defenders are less practiced themselves at defending low post play and are better at defending the pick & roll for example because of the need to work on it more than post up defending?

Interesting question.

If you put an Olajuwon or Shaq with four shooters in today's NBA, IMO it would absolutely still work. If you go back to 1995, Olajuwon peaked against Robinson and Shaq in the playoffs when Houston traded for Drexler, moved Horry up to PF and played four-out. Orlando also used to shoot a lot of threes in those days too - Dennis Scott is still living off those free shots out of a double team

Obviously it's subjective - you need a big guy who can recognise where a double team is coming from and pass accordingly. You'd probably also want a decent coach who can install a system with variables such as cutters too.

To me the 2018 Draft will be endlessly fascinating owing to the fact that two 'traditional' big guys were picked ahead of Doncic. Without re-hashing the whole draft order debate, I will be intrigued to see how Ayton and Bagley's careers play out, as compared to say a Porzingis or Myles Turner. Like fashion many things in sports are cyclical, so who knows? Perhaps we shall see the return of the post beast sooner than we think.

I also wonder if the modern big is a deterrent in the paint or just another guy switching on screens. I guess it is really hard to be an enforcer type anymore. Harden would have them whistled out in 3 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People saying it was Perkins contract which forced okcs hand to get rid of harden?

Iirc both harden and ibaka came out of contract at the same time.

It was one or the other.

In hindsight. Could’ve kept both with the next cba. But how were we to know.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I do the funny stuff.
uska5iezbo941.jpg

U wot m8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back