The Bigfooty Official Week 12 thread (post new years hangover oh yeah why don't you come here and)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some major upgrades have been rolled out in the past 24 hours by the boards governing body. For a moment it seemed Phoenix, Memphis and Washington were responsible for overseeing the implementation. And it seems they still are......

Anyway, quietly @Rons Spurs are sneaking up on the A. How the hell did they score 46 in a quarter???? Against boston no less!

Westbrook a game after his atrocious performance filling the sheet again.

I’m the best rebounder at my position, the best passer at my position, the best defender at my position

Yep. He said that.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Some major upgrades have been rolled out in the past 24 hours by the boards governing body. For a moment it seemed Phoenix, Memphis and Washington were responsible for overseeing the implementation. And it seems they still are......

Anyway, quietly @Rons Spurs are sneaking up on the A. How the hell did they score 46 in a quarter???? Against boston no less!

Westbrook a game after his atrocious performance filling the sheet again.

Yep. He said that.

Tatum's fault.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
In a two minute span the Suns commentators got the following things wrong about the Warriors...

1) We shoot a lot of threes (we are actually 14th in the league in 3 point attempts)
2) We shoot a lot of free throws (we are actually 21st in the league in free throw attempts)
3) We drive the ball a lot (we are dead last, by a lot, in the league at drives to the basket)
4) Draymond Green has never shot well from 3s (in 15/16 he shot 39% from 3s)

Pretty rough two minutes for some really easy stats to check.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Didn't see the Houston game, but 27 free throws from Harden appears to be pretty lol.
I expect a blow by blow foul breakdown to back up this statement

Or if you don't want to, hardwood paroxysm has already done one

Last edited:

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
How s**t are the Pels.

2nd last in the West.

In a two minute span the Suns commentators got the following things wrong about the Warriors...

1) We shoot a lot of threes (we are actually 14th in the league in 3 point attempts)
2) We shoot a lot of free throws (we are actually 21st in the league in free throw attempts)
3) We drive the ball a lot (we are dead last, by a lot, in the league at drives to the basket)
4) Draymond Green has never shot well from 3s (in 15/16 he shot 39% from 3s)

Pretty rough two minutes for some really easy stats to check.

It’s almost as if the Golden State commentary team never makes mistakes........

I'm sure they do.

But making 4 in a couple of minutes is pretty horribad for a professional commentary team.

I think all commentary teams including ESPN and TNT get it wrong.

The local crews are more focused on their own team and that’s fair enough.

The Warriors crew said how good a 3 point shooter Ricky Rubio is the other day. Just like AFL commentary it often leaves you underwhelmed.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

The Warriors crew said how good a 3 point shooter Ricky Rubio is the other day. Just like AFL commentary it often leaves you underwhelmed.

You're right. But I've never had it where so many mistakes were made in such a short time (and I watch 50+ away commentaries a season for the Warriors), so I thought I would make light of it.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls

Boy oh boy wowee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back