The Bigfooty Official Week 12 thread (post new years hangover oh yeah why don't you come here and)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't think there's any cause for concern for the Warriors. They're obviously well in the hunt for a good playoffs spot and you could argue that not being the #1 ranked team will give them something to prove when it matters. It might also take some pressure off.

As for the Sixers, they're a trash organisation. I hope Simmons manages to get out.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Not aimed at you.

I just think Golden State's best is still so much better than anyone else.

Sorry :p

So, do I. If we play our best game, I don't think teams can beat us. But we aren't guaranteed to do that. And the margin for error is less than previous years as teams improve.

Having said that, I don't think there is a team this season that is currently as good as last years Rockets. So, that's why I'm not as worried. If there was a team that was playing as well as they did last year, I'd be much much much more concerned.

Yeah, the free throws were great, particularly the one with (I think) 50 seconds left in the game. Important as it made it a one possession game instead of a 4 point lead.

We shouldn't lose it obviously, but it's not like we played bad. 52% shooting. 38% from 3s, 93% from the line, 33 assists.

It was more about how Houston played than us. Harden was sick in the third quarter (when they got back into it) and OT (where they ultimately won it). He made 8/12 3 pointers in those two periods. And they were defended fine. If he makes that step back there's really nothing you can do about it.

Plus Capella played the game of his life.

And Houston didn't make any mistakes. I think 1 turnover in the second half.

Despite all that, it took a miracle shot to beat us right at the end.

Could we be playing better? Definitely. But there's no sky falling at the moment. We're two insane buzzer beaters in the last week away from a 4 game winning streak and being on top of the West.

Buzzer beater wouldn’t have been required if correct and obvious call was made on Durant being out of bounds.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Buzzer beater wouldn’t have been required if correct and obvious call was made on Durant being out of bounds.

A game winner is still needed.

If Durant is called out (as he should have been), then it's a tied game with 30 seconds left. It's not like Houston automatically wins if the correct call was made (which it seems is the public perception of the event).

It actually didn't change a lot. I imagine that a similar play unfolds (we actually have evidence of it - Harden took a long 3 when the game was tied at the end of regulation). Difference being that Warriors would have got the ball back with 6 or 7 seconds left on the clock instead of 1.

Sorry :p

So, do I. If we play our best game, I don't think teams can beat us. But we aren't guaranteed to do that. And the margin for error is less than previous years as teams improve.

Having said that, I don't think there is a team this season that is currently as good as last years Rockets. So, that's why I'm not as worried. If there was a team that was playing as well as they did last year, I'd be much much much more concerned.

We are still your biggest threat imo and if we get healthy we have a better team than last year. We were a cp3 hammy off winning, we match up very well with you.

Capela has improved out of sight, thats huge for us as far as our chances of winning this year. Rivers has been a revelation, as has house.

Cp3/Rivers
Harden/Gordon
House/Green
PJ/Ennis
Capela/Nene

Thats a pretty solid 10 man rotation, and we all know MDA will only play 8 or 9 come playoff time.

If Harden plays like this, or anywhere near it, come the tail end of the year we are a huge chance imo.

In saying that, you should still definitely be favs.

A game winner is still needed.

If Durant is called out (as he should have been), then it's a tied game with 30 seconds left. It's not like Houston automatically wins if the correct call was made (which it seems is the public perception of the event).

It actually didn't change a lot. I imagine that a similar play unfolds (we actually have evidence of it - Harden took a long 3 when the game was tied at the end of regulation). Difference being that Warriors would have got the ball back with 6 or 7 seconds left on the clock instead of 1.

Yes but when you’re hanging your hat on getting beaten by an “insane” buzzer beater, it’s a valid point. The narrative is always more appealing than logic.

My overall point is that most people seem to think the Warriors will just flick the switch and take off. I just don’t see it happening like that at all.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
We are still your biggest threat imo and if we get healthy we have a better team than last year. We were a cp3 hammy off winning, we match up very well with you.

Capela has improved out of sight, thats huge for us as far as our chances of winning this year. Rivers has been a revelation, as has house.

Cp3/Rivers
Harden/Gordon
House/Green
PJ/Ennis
Capela/Nene

Thats a pretty solid 10 man rotation, and we all know MDA will only play 8 or 9 come playoff time.

If Harden plays like this, or anywhere near it, come the tail end of the year we are a huge chance imo.

In saying that, you should still definitely be favs.

I 100% agree. I wrote about a week ago something like "Is it time to say Houston is the second favorite to come out of the West after the Warriors yet?".

Rivers has been great, and I'd argue a better player for you than CP3 has been this season (though obviously small sample size). CP3 has struggled and it may actually end up being a good thing for him to have time out and basically reset his season.

If Harden plays like that he's basically unstoppable. You can't do much about that step back. He either makes it or he doesn't (much like Durant's mid-range shot). The question that will plague him is obviously how he will handle such a workload in the playoffs.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes but when you’re hanging your hat on getting beaten by an “insane” buzzer beater, it’s a valid point. The narrative is always more appealing than logic.

My overall point is that most people seem to think the Warriors will just flick the switch and take off. I just don’t see it happening like that at all.

I think it can happen. It's not guaranteed obviously.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyway.

Does anyone want to comment on Toronto being destroyed by a pretty average SA team less than a week after losing to Orlando by 30 and the 76ers by 25? They've only won 8 of their last 16.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Anyway.

Does anyone want to comment on Toronto being destroyed by a pretty average SA team less than a week after losing to Orlando by 30 and the 76ers by 25? They've only won 8 of their last 16.
Meh, they'll be fine

No Lowry, the Leonard return, jv didn't play. I thought it might motivate them but they well and truly laid an egg. They aren't a great road team to start with

Danny green's regression has been a point of concern tho.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Anyway.

I still wonder whether trading some of their depth for a star is the best option. But they've got so many swing players that they can match up with anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back