The Bigfooty Official Week 12 thread (post new years hangover oh yeah why don't you come here and)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Refs call a foul before the shot committed by dallas on brown. then change it.

I believe if you are fouled on the move and take another dribble or two its not in the act

That's how it is supposed to be, but the NBA refs just make it up as they go along, depending on who the player is. Inconsistency in refereeing is horrendous.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Nerlens Noel has been arguably the most effective and influential bench player in the league so far this year (qualifying for the MPG leaderboard, averaging 12+ minutes per game, starting less than 50% of games played). Granted, he's not playing that many minutes (13.8 per game, due to his foul rate because of his defensive aggression, and Steven Adams' ouput), but his offensive output has been solidly efficient, and his defensive impact is insane (as expected when drafted). It'd be interesting to see if he could curb that foul rate somewhat, and what he could do playing 25+ minutes per game on a team that could accomodate him (complimentary pieces around him allowing for it, which they don't currently in OKC).

Jun 23, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dirk needs to retire immediately following this game. He is well and truly washed up, just give it up already you look like an embarrassment out there.

I'd like to see them run some combine tests on Dirk now (3/4 court sprint, vertical leap, agility test, etc.), just for the lulz. He's never been notable for his athleticism, but he's slower and more floor-bound than possibly any sub-250lb guy in NBA history right now.

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
Nerlens Noel has been arguably the most effective and influential bench player in the league so far this year (qualifying for the MPG leaderboard, averaging 12+ minutes per game, starting less than 50% of games played). Granted, he's not playing that many minutes (13.8 per game, due to his foul rate because of his defensive aggression, and Steven Adams' ouput), but his offensive output has been solidly efficient, and his defensive impact is insane (as expected when drafted). It'd be interesting to see if he could curb that foul rate somewhat, and what he could do playing 25+ minutes per game on a team that could accomodate him (complimentary pieces around him allowing for it, which they don't currently in OKC).
My forever believing in Nerlens is finally starting to pay off. Be interesting to see where he lands next season, needs somewhere with a strong culture because he's not exactly the most mature of people.

Jun 23, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
My forever believing in Nerlens is finally starting to pay off. Be interesting to see where he lands next season, needs somewhere with a strong culture because he's not exactly the most mature of people.

He's still only 24 years old too (same HS year as Steven Adams, who is 9 months older), and missed 18 months of basketball at a crucial stage of his development, so he theoretically hasn't even reached his prime (ages 25-29), and could still have some improvement left.

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
He's still only 24 years old too (same HS year as Steven Adams, who is 9 months older), and missed 18 months of basketball at a crucial stage of his development, so he theoretically hasn't even reached his prime (ages 25-29), and could still have some improvement left.
He can get better at what he does now, I don't think his offensive game will ever be expansive. Watching his progress in Philly he improved his finishing with his left and his ft% as well as being a sneaky good passer. I don't think or do think he'll ever stretch out past the elbow as a shooter, which is fine imo, just needs to be a rim runner/lob catcher on offense and his defense speaks for itself, guy has the quickest defensive hands in the league as a big.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels

He's exactly the kind of player we needed to pursue with vigour last off-season. Dunno if we'd have done much for his maturity though.

Sep 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would you retire if you can earn millions just sitting on the bench?

He needs to pretend to do a calf or something, he is a complete embarrassment on the floor right now.
Only reason he is getting any game time is because he is Dirk, anyone else playing this poorly would be riding the bench in the D league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back