The Bigfooty Official Week 13 - The return of Kyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet the only National game we get and there's no Porter/WCJ/Gafford for us and Embiid for Philly.

All I have to watch is LaVine, Simmons and potentially Lauri and White if this is an "on" night for them, still going to get hammered though.

Agree. Very average game. But as you said there’s injuries.

I do wonder what the aussie influence is when it comes to nationally televised games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, but sometimes he'll do stuff that makes everyone seem like high-schoolers.

Still expect more.

He'd excel playing alongside someone like Simmons and getting off ball more but he doesn't have that luxury right now, part of me wants us to trade for CP3 (giving up nothing but cap relief obviously) just to see how he goes playing with an elite playmaker.

I really don't get the Teague trade, for either side. Doesn't improve either side right now. It's probably a prelude to other deals for both teams, but they'll both be treading water in the interim.

Teague should have just been starting for the Wolves this entire time, and still has the ability to be a starter in this league somewhere else, and has evolved into one of the better passers/playmakers in the league over the past couple of years:

1579315590606.png
1579315664773.png

Teague has by far the lowest Usage Rate (19.7%) of any player in that list over the time period (7/10 over 30% Usage Rate), so it's not just "racking up assists because he has the ball a lot", either.

If you've got guys who are scorers, Teague can get them the ball, while being a scoring threat both inside and out himself. I can only assume coaches don't like his defense, but it's a head-scratcher from an offensive perspective why the Wolves would have him not playing with their starters, and then ship him out. Then again, so much of the Wolves' trading and drafting is a head-scratcher, and for the most part always has been.

Last edited:
It upsets me every time I watch him.

I don't know how he's not knocking on the door of a Top 10 player in the league.

If we're really picking him apart compared to the truly elite guys, Lavine still has some inconsistent shooting nights (like today), and probably still doesn't do enough from a rebounding and defensive perspective, given his athleticism and size. Turns the ball over a lot and doesn't really make his teammates that much better, either. Would be interesting to see how efficient/effective he could be if paired with another legitimate 20+ point scorer.

Given that he's still only 24, he's really just now entering his prime, so he could still improve and be among the league's truly elite players over the next 5 years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back