The Bigfooty Official Week 13 - The return of Kyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're really picking him apart compared to the truly elite guys, Lavine still has some inconsistent shooting nights (like today), and probably still doesn't do enough from a rebounding and defensive perspective, given his athleticism and size. Turns the ball over a lot and doesn't really make his teammates that much better, either. Would be interesting to see how efficient/effective he could be if paired with another legitimate 20+ point scorer.

Given that he's still only 24, he's really just now entering his prime, so he could still improve and be among the league's truly elite players over the next 5 years or so.
I don't watch the Bulls a heap, but it sticks out like dogs balls to me that you need a PG. Those bigs need better looks. White looks like a chucker.

I don't watch the Bulls a heap, but it sticks out like dogs balls to me that you need a PG. Those bigs need better looks. White looks like a chucker.

They do need a true-er point guard.

Satoransky is solid and has size, but would probably be best used as a secondary ball-handler/point forward type. White leans more towards being an undersized 2 guard. Kris Dunn (while a quality defensive player) has significantly floundered on offense this year (possibly due to less time on the ball, with Satoransky present). Arcidiacono is a stock-standard 10-15 mpg back-up, who can shoot but not really run a team.

I feel like they could have been a decent landing spot for Jeff Teague, actually.

Coby has been given too long of a leash but he's got the ability to score heavily, his drive and drop off to the big in the paint is a very nice improving part of his game.

We need a new coach obviously but the absolute lack of any decent play from the wing with OPJ being injured really hampers anything because we lose a little bit of everything, scoring, defense and rebounding.

I really don't get the Teague trade, for either side. Doesn't improve either side right now. It's probably a prelude to other deals for both teams, but they'll both be treading water in the interim.

Teague should have just been starting for the Wolves this entire time, and still has the ability to be a starter in this league somewhere else, and has evolved into one of the better passers/playmakers in the league over the past couple of years:

View attachment 807723
View attachment 807726

Teague has by far the lowest Usage Rate (19.7%) of any player in that list over the time period (7/10 over 30% Usage Rate), so it's not just "racking up assists because he has the ball a lot", either.

If you've got guys who are scorers, Teague can get them the ball, while being a scoring threat both inside and out himself. I can only assume Thibs doesn't like his defense, but it's a head-scratcher from an offensive perspective why the Wolves would have him not playing with their starters, and then ship him out. Then again, so much of the Wolves' trading and drafting is a head-scratcher, and for the most part always has been.
Not really relevant these days is it?

Not really relevant these days is it?

Lol, I completely forgot they had a coaching change. Apologies to Son of Flip.

I'll revise that by saying that any coach probably won't be that enamoured with Teague defensively, but he's still got the quality on offense to offset this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't get the Teague trade, for either side. Doesn't improve either side right now. It's probably a prelude to other deals for both teams, but they'll both be treading water in the interim.

Teague should have just been starting for the Wolves this entire time, and still has the ability to be a starter in this league somewhere else, and has evolved into one of the better passers/playmakers in the league over the past couple of years:

View attachment 807723
View attachment 807726

Teague has by far the lowest Usage Rate (19.7%) of any player in that list over the time period (7/10 over 30% Usage Rate), so it's not just "racking up assists because he has the ball a lot", either.

If you've got guys who are scorers, Teague can get them the ball, while being a scoring threat both inside and out himself. I can only assume coaches don't like his defense, but it's a head-scratcher from an offensive perspective why the Wolves would have him not playing with their starters, and then ship him out. Then again, so much of the Wolves' trading and drafting is a head-scratcher, and for the most part always has been.
Stop relying on stats and watch him play. There are very clear reasons he wasn't starting and very clear reasons why he was moved. His defence is just really not good and he freezes the offence because he regularly and inexplicably refuses to take open shots. Great person, has been a solid player over the years, but he was not good for us.

View attachment 807723
View attachment 807726

If you've got guys who are scorers, Teague can get them the ball, while being a scoring threat both inside and out himself. I can only assume coaches don't like his defense, but it's a head-scratcher from an offensive perspective why the Wolves would have him not playing with their starters, and then ship him out. Then again, so much of the Wolves' trading and drafting is a head-scratcher, and for the most part always has been.

Read the comments below this article.

Stop relying on stats and watch him play. There are very clear reasons he wasn't starting and very clear reasons why he was moved. His defence is just really not good and he freezes the offence because he regularly and inexplicably refuses to take open shots. Great person, has been a solid player over the years, but he was not good for us.

So much this.

I can't believe they let Chauncey near a microphone, the dude is a complete bore. At least some of these morons like Reggie or Webber will keep you awake.
SickBlushingAmericanwirehair-size_restricted.gif

Lakers have left staples to play their next 5 games away. Over 10,000 miles of travel.

Cop this every year due to the Grammys which is on jan 26
Tired of seeing these small market teams copping the short end of the stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back