The Bigfooty Official Week 14 NBA Thread. The return of Zion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
PER is not a very good indicator of anything, TT has a higher PER is paid less and is also overpaid.
Kemba is an all star, Rozier is a role player.

Kemba is a one-time all star who had free reign at a team where he could hold the ball for 20 seconds every possession.
He is a very good player don't get me wrong, better than Terry.

That said there are 100 more overpaid players than Rozier in the league.
The personal hatred is a bit sad tbh.

Just to correct you by the way:
Thompson's PER is 17 on $15m
Kemba's is 22 on $35m

Kemba is a one-time all star who had free reign at a team where he could hold the ball for 20 seconds every possession.
He is a very good player don't get me wrong, better than Terry.

That said there are 100 more overpaid players than Rozier in the league.
The personal hatred is a bit sad tbh.

Just to correct you by the way:
Thompson's PER is 17 on $15m
Kemba's is 22 on $35m
Or you are blowing something out of proportion possibly in defense of the team you go for.
I dont like Rozier, i said he was overpaid as he is and I saw he didnt make a bucket. Hatred is a stretch the guy basically gifted game 7 to the cavs in 2018, cant hate that.

I was comparing TT to Rozier as both are overpaid..

Or you are blowing something out of proportion possibly in defense of the team you go for.
I dont like Rozier, i said he was overpaid as he is and I saw he didnt make a bucket. Hatred is a stretch the guy basically gifted game 7 to the cavs in 2018, cant hate that.

I was comparing TT to Rozier as both are overpaid..

I love it how these guys on half the money, producing almost the same output but somehow they're overpaid?

I'm not blowing it out of proportion, im asking for an explanation of your opinion but really you cant produce anything that actually backs it up.

Other players on 18m+ this year: Reggie Jackson, Evan Turner, Jeff Teague, Allen Crabbe, Kent Bazemore, Tyler Johnson, Tim Hardaway, Chandler Parsons.

Yeh I feel hes pretty comfortable among that company as being pretty fairly paid.

Gordon Hayward on $32.7m :D:D :D :D :D :D

I love it how these guys on half the money, producing almost the same output but somehow they're overpaid?

I'm not blowing it out of proportion, im asking for an explanation of your opinion but really you cant produce anything that actually backs it up.

Other players on 18m+ this year: Reggie Jackson, Evan Turner, Jeff Teague, Allen Crabbe, Kent Bazemore, Tyler Johnson, Tim Hardaway, Chandler Parsons.

Yeh I feel hes pretty comfortable among that company as being pretty fairly paid.
Yes there are players more overpaid than him, you can throw in Brandon Knight too. Using your method you could argue Conley isn't overpaid because Bazemore is more overpaid, yet in reality both are overpaid.

Are you really saying Rozier is almost as good as Kemba :drunk:

Sorry 1 time starter.
10th highest paid player in the league and has made the all star starting squad once.

Now thats overpaid.

Dont get me wrong I wanted us to fork it out for him, but in hindsight very glad we didnt.
well only 10 players can start in an All Star game, but yes Kemba is not a top 10 player in the league if that is what you're trying to say. I'm still trying to understand why this turned into Kemba vs Rozier anyways.. If Kemba is overpaid it wouldn't change the fact Rozier is too. But Kemba is a star PG and deserving of the max albeit not on the level of Curry/Lillard/Kyrie. Rozier is a role player deserving something like 2yrs 24mil

Kemba is on a team where the ball moves.
Kemba averages 20ppg along with 2 maybe 3 players that also average 20ppg.
So why are we caring about his PER lol he isn't overpaid at all for what he brings to the team.
Also matters what you do off the court in the locker room as much as on the court.

Yes there are players more overpaid than him, you can throw in Brandon Knight too. Using your method you could argue Conley isn't overpaid because Bazemore is more overpaid, yet in reality both are overpaid.

Are you really saying Rozier is almost as good as Kemba :drunk:

well only 10 players can start in an All Star game, but yes Kemba is not a top 10 player in the league if that is what you're trying to say. I'm still trying to understand why this turned into Kemba vs Rozier anyways.. If Kemba is overpaid it wouldn't change the fact Rozier is too. But Kemba is a star PG and deserving of the max albeit not on the level of Curry/Lillard/Kyrie. Rozier is a role player deserving something like 2yrs 24mil

No I'm not saying he's almost as good as Kemba.
But the stats do say that.

Given he's on over double the money I'd say Rozier isnt even really overpaid at all.
I gave you the numbers of most of the players around his salary.
They are almost all worse players. That tells you he probably isnt overpaid.

Kemba is on a team where the ball moves.
Kemba averages 20ppg along with 2 maybe 3 players that also average 20ppg.
So why are we caring about his PER lol he isn't overpaid at all for what he brings to the team.
Also matters what you do off the court in the locker room as much as on the court.

I know that.
But on the other hand you cant then say Rozier is overpaid when his stats are similar with a lower usage rate on a worse team with all young teammates.

I put the names of all the other players around his salary of $18m and honestly he'd be in the top few.
That tells me he's not overpaid.

Kemba is the 10th highest paid player in the league. PER should theoretically be higher in the situation you quoted too.

I'd take Kemba in a second dont get me wrong, but this guy wants to call Rozier overpaid at $18m and Kemba fairly paid at $35m.
It just doesnt add up.

I know that.
But on the other hand you cant then say Rozier is overpaid when his stats are similar with a lower usage rate on a worse team with all young teammates.

I put the names of all the other players around his salary of $18m and honestly he'd be in the top few.
That tells me he's not overpaid.

Kemba is the 10th highest paid player in the league. PER should theoretically be higher in the situation you quoted too.

I'd take Kemba in a second dont get me wrong, but this guy wants to call Rozier overpaid at $18m and Kemba fairly paid at $35m.
It just doesnt add up.
Arguments can be made for stats etc hence why i said what goes on off the court in the locker room etc, should count towards the amount of money in the contract.
Again he's on a better team and doesn't need the ball as much so of course he PER won't meet his value in contract dollars.
Plus if he stayed in Charolette he would've made the supermax 221 million over 5 years, which is 44 mil a year lol.
For what he brings to our team i don't think he is overpaid but that's my opinion.

Arguments can be made for stats etc hence why i said what goes on off the court in the locker room etc, should count towards the amount of money in the contract.
Again he's on a better team and doesn't need the ball as much so of course he PER won't meet his value in contract dollars.
Plus if he stayed in Charolette he would've made the supermax 221 million over 5 years, which is 44 mil a year lol.
For what he brings to our team i don't think he is overpaid but that's my opinion.

I dont think he is overpaid either.

But if Rozier is, then Kemba definitely is.

Thats my point.

I think this guy just looks at $18m a year as a lot of money but in reality its middle of the road in NBA contracts.
There arent many starting point guards on much less than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Landry Shamet might be off inbound duty from now on. Crazy pass. Can't believe Hardaway didn't knock down that tying 3

Edit: And now Green missing both FTs. Mavs with another chance
Strange move from Luka deliberating missing the second free throw. Was still enough time left.

Strange move from Luka deliberating missing the second free throw. Was still enough time left.
I think it's probably correct or at least fine given there was only 7 seconds left and they had no timeouts to advance the ball, at leas that way you know if you get the rebound you've got a decent chunk of time to scramble and get a 3 off vs wasting more time trying to foul and maybe getting the ball back 2 or 3 down and having to go the full length of the court.

On stats he isnt overpaid.
His stats are eerily similar to Kemba (about 3ppg less).

PER not that much worse on a team filled with rookies and overpaid spuds.
Kemba on the max. Who is really overpaid?

Just seems a ridiculous attack seeing as Terry has been pretty good this year and the hornets are winning more games with him at the helm than Kemba.

Rozier was one of the worst players in the entire league last season in Boston though.

In a vacuum, he is overpaid at nearly $20 million. Now that doesn't necessarily mean that the Hornets made the wrong decision in signing him to salvage something from Kemba's departure. With your cap sheet bloated, your team in the lottery and a dearth of quality free agents, it wasn't a mortal sin to overpay in the short term to bring an experienced body in. It's not a terrible deal for Charlotte, right now.

However if any of the teams who splurged in July in order to try to win a title - Lakers, Clippers, Nets, Bucks, Jazz, Pacers, Sixers, Celtics, etc etc - had signed Rozier to the same deal that he got in Charlotte, they wouldn't be in a good place right now. Not that the Lakers spending $15 million and then $8 million on KCP was a good decision either, but you know what I mean.

Any team worth their salt would be wary giving Rozier an eight figure salary. The Hornets gave him double that. It is what it is.

I think it's probably correct or at least fine given there was only 7 seconds left and they had no timeouts to advance the ball, at leas that way you know if you get the rebound you've got a decent chunk of time to scramble and get a 3 off vs wasting more time trying to foul and maybe getting the ball back 2 or 3 down and having to go the full length of the court.
True. I guess it’s somewhat unorthodox. With Boban and KP in there you’d like your chances for an offensive rebound.

Shamet was huge down the stretch. Great passing from Kawhi also to get him those looks.

PER is not a very good indicator of anything

Significant disagreement. PER is and has been for a while a pretty damn accurate measurement how to judge a baller. I'd give it a 95 out of 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back