The Bigfooty Official Week 14 NBA Thread. The return of Zion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's been hidden in this Harden/Houston slump is Russ is actually playing really well.

Problem is genius Pringles goes back to Harden isos in the last even though Russ is killing it.

And if Perkins didn't get hurt in the 2010 Finals, the Celtics probably would have won the ring that year.

It's all hypothetical though, no one knows for sure. It makes for fun speculation, but I still don't believe any championship team should be diminished due to circumstances beyond their control.

100% agree.

Every championship team deserves to be champions.

They won under the circumstances that were presented at the time.

As much as I think the Warriors were better than Toronto last year, that doesn't mean I don't think Toronto are deserved champs.

My point is that you can't really sack a coach that's running with the second best team over a 3 year period.

100% agree.

Every championship team deserves to be champions.

They won under the circumstances that were presented at the time.

As much as I think the Warriors were better than Toronto last year, that doesn't mean I don't think Toronto are deserved champs.

My point is that you can't really sack a coach that's running with the second best team over a 3 year period.

Problem is, and I assume you are talking about D'Antoni, he had highly stacked teams at Phoenix whom he couldn't get them into the finals either.

I get the feeling Pringles might be safer than he deserves to be at this moment in time though, due to the fallout from Morey's tweet about Hong Kong/China.

Russ averaging 35 with only one attempted 3 in his last 4. Surely it hasn't clicked?

Meanwhile OKC have been surprisingly decent sans Rusty and with CP3.

Hard to say whether the problem is with Westbrook or The Rockets and Pringles system overall though. I suspect the latter myself.

Meanwhile OKC have been surprisingly decent sans Rusty and with CP3.

Hard to say whether the problem is with Westbrook or The Rockets and Pringles system overall though. I suspect the latter myself..
I like WB. But he is the system, and he's not good enough.

I remember when they drafted Sabonis and turned him into a corner 3 point shooter because you can't have him creating from the elbow when WB is on the floor.

Problem is, and I assume you are talking about D'Antoni, he had highly stacked teams at Phoenix whom he couldn't get them into the finals either.

I get the feeling Pringles might be safer than he deserves to be at this moment in time though, due to the fallout from Morey's tweet about Hong Kong/China.

I have some pretty mixed feelings about Pringles.

I mean losing to the Lakers and SA are hardly embarrassing. They're all time teams. And you wouldn't say the Suns teams were more loaded than them.

They also got pretty unlucky with some suspensions.

I hate the offense that Houston runs, but it can't be argued that it's effective.

I have some pretty mixed feelings about Pringles.

I mean losing to the Lakers and SA are hardly embarrassing. They're all time teams. And you wouldn't say the Suns teams were more loaded than them.

They also got pretty unlucky with some suspensions.

I hate the offense that Houston runs, but it can't be argued that it's effective.

That's all there is though, the offense and only plan A of that offense. He's horrible defensively, has no game feel and overplays the same guys at Thibs levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well obviously when I said "second best" I meant Warriors would be number 1.

Toronto were good last year. I personally believe Houston were better than them last year, but can see an argument that people would say Toronto is better.

I mean I think Houston beat the Warriors if Durant misses the whole series, Klay misses a couple and Looney misses games as well. Just like Toronto did.

And the two years before that Houston where >>>>>>>>>>>> Toronto. I mean you're basically saying you think the team that pushed the Warriors to 7 isn't as good as the team that was swept by the team that was swept by the Warriors.

And Houston easily beats Cavs from two years back. That Cavs team was terrible. Forget the fact that the Warriors swept them. It took that Cavs team 7 games to beat a very average Indy team (Indy actually outscored the Cavs by 20 or 30 points over the series). And then it took the Cavs 7 games to beat the Celtics team in the ECF when the Celtics were missing their best player.

LeBron's amazing, but that team was an all time bad team around him.

Toronto has been good for more than just last year and they actually won a title.

Houston don't beat the Raptors.

D-Lo cooking.

I don't even think we need to throw in our first pick for a trade for Simmons.

Hope that is sarcasm because yeah they would need to.

Hope that is sarcasm because yeah they would need to.

Obvious sarcasm is obvious.

76ers should laugh us out of the building if we offer them DLo + our first.

I just hope the 76ers get knocked out in the first round, then their front office does something stupid like think it's a great deal.

We had a 16 year drought there once. Ended in 2013. We had a pretty decent run after that. Hopefully you can do the same!
Well we’ve matched our total wins from last season before the end of January so it’s something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back