The Bigfooty Official Week 15 NBA Thread. Where we lost a universally adorned legend - Kobe Bryant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he stayed healthy/didn't miss so many games Marcus Smart should have been considered an All Star Reserve. Hands down a top 3 Most Valuable Player for Boston, without question.
Best defender on the team.

Gordon Hayward's return to ASG calibre form is a real game changer for us, if he can maintain his form and Kanter/Theis hold the fort in the east, Boston can win the East. Marcus Smart has shown he can adequately defend Giannis, despite their height difference.

Pretty bullish on the C's prospects for rest of the season, obviously Giannis and the Bucks are well deserved favourites, but I am sure we have the measure of any other East team come playoff time, arguably aside from the Raps (Lowry always Slays us)

Boston are in a decent position again to have a fair crack at it.
I've been on theis back saying we do need a big but if he keeps up this level of play consistency all we need is the timelord back and we should be good to go come playoffs.

I don't understand why any Celtics fan would be on Theis' back.

For an undrafted afterthought making bugger all salary, I would've thought he'd garner more respect than ridicule. Does a solid job, all things considered.
Not once, not twice but Theis

And lakers getting blown out by 32 isn't?
But again playoffs matter more than the regular season to me anyways.
Also hypothetically speaking if they sweep us in the regular season and then we beat them in the playoffs is that more embarrassing?

Lakers have nothing to do with this. Don’t know why you brought the lakers up.

simmons philly fans now primarily consists of the foxsports dot com dot au readers (also probably fox news dot com) and boomers waiting to hit 65

but donovan still is a cop, no doubt.

Reckon there needs to be an official real Philly fan secret handshake, or at the very least an entrance exam.

Was Michael Carter-Williams

a) A former US President who had to negotiate the Iran hostage crisis and builds houses in his spare time
b) Another big Philly lottery pick point guard who won Rookie of the Year, or
c) The name of the law firm representing Sixers fans outraged that they haven't won a championship in the last two years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kobe Bryant's only connection with the Los Angeles Clippers was when he considered signing with the team in 2004, but Doc Rivers believes his team can pay tribute to Bryant by winning the 2020 Finals.
"The best way if you want to honor Kobe, and we talked about this even on Sunday, is to go win," Rivers said before the Clippers lost to the Sacramento Kings. "Not just win tonight, but win it.
"So that's our journey. It was already our journey, and then this happens, and I think our guys understand if you really want to salute him, he made a lot of sacrifices to be a winner, Kobe did. ... And so for us to win, we're going to have to do the same thing, otherwise we will not win. So I think that's our journey now, as well."
The Clippers left Bryant's retired jerseys uncovered and had a spotlight shining on them throughout the game.

Deep thinker the Doc

Seems even Houston fans are sick of watching there team play. Plenty of empty seats

Always is. Have one of the worst crowds in the league. Even when it's full it is quiet. Old white people.

Pringles is an absolute fool. Refusing to play a big while they score at will inside. Some good late shooting probably gets us a win but it's just ridiculous. Add to that Harden already battling and then you have him go against 7 footers all night. Can't wait for this season to be over and Mike be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back