The Bigfooty Official Week 17.714 NBA Thread. The loss of Kobe Bryant - two weeks on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing about the game is that Kobe would never let the game slip into a 2OT loss. Cliplols

Still, it's great to see so many Lakers fans on Twitter rooting/cheering for Tatum.

Big call, by JT will be the best Celtic since Larry Legend.

Kawhi’ elbow to the face would’ve been a flagrant foul In every other part of the game except the last 2 minutes, frustrating

I am thrilled this is happening, but very sad for Minnesota fans we are doing it before the Wolves are.

Glen Taylor is on James Dolan levels of being a trash assbum owner, sadly Sota has nowhere near the profile of The Knicks, so the media and fan community tend to just it fly compared to the ever lasting circus of The Knicks.

Didn't call you a liar, idiot or a troll...but now I see why you're arguing so hard.
You feel like I've demeaned you in some way.

I'm pretty sure that you did.

I said you hadn't seen much, which you said yourself and I said your stats were flawed.

You implied that I hadn't watched Rozier at all.

I would've seen 15+ Charlotte games this season. Probably more than almost anyone on this board.

Well that great and all, but I'm guessing the guy that wrote that Fan-sided review of Rozier's season has probably seen most Charlotte games this season. And yet he gave him an 'A' for defence based partially on his averaging 1.2 steals per game... so, yeah. Quantity does not necessarily constitute quality.

Its ok to have a different opinion. Otherwise it would be very boring here.

Have no problem with differing opinions either. But if I engage you civilly with a reasonable opinion supported by evidence, then I think it's reasonable to expect a degree of civility in return. But onward and upwards.

Boston's bench was 'supposedly' weakened by the departure of Scary Terry, but for Chemistry and Cap Space reasoning, letting him go was a no brainer for Ainge/Celtics.

Sure he has done some nice things for the Bobnets, but well run organizations with decent front officers simply don't pay role players with attitude issues like Rozier the type of money Michael Jordan is paying him.

Look I know small market teams like Charlotte probably need to pay more even for modest players, but clearly Michael Jordan's management skills are as lousy as his gambling prowess.

Midseason All-NBA teams:

1st team:
G Luka Doncic
G James Harden
F LeBron James
F Giannis Antetokounmpo
C Nikola Jokic

2nd team:
G Russell Westbrook
G Damian Lillard
F Kawhi Leonard
F Anthony Davis
C Rudy Gobert

3rd team:
G Chris Paul
G Kyle Lowry
F Jimmy Butler
F Jayson Tatum
C Domantas Sabonis

Look I know small market teams like Charlotte probably need to pay more even for modest players, but clearly Michael Jordan's management skills are as lousy as his gambling prowess.

Putting Rozier aside, because I'm sure everyone is sick of him by now, but the broader topic of contract value in the NBA is a very interesting discussion.

It's basically along the lines of fantasy teams, except the value or productivity dividend is more nebulous in nature and thus more difficult to determine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Griz with a brutal run home. Worst team they play in the last 28 games is the Spurs.

They have a 4 game lead on the field for the 8th seed, but going to be tough. Particularly with the Pelicans having the easiest run home.

Griz with a brutal run home. Worst team they play in the last 28 games is the Spurs.

They have a 4 game lead on the field for the 8th seed, but going to be tough. Particularly with the Pelicans having the easiest run home.

Had my eye on this too.

Knew the Griz had a tough run home, didn't realise it was that tough though.

Going to be real tough for grizzlies.

Just wait for the pundits to drop right off Ja and hype Zion if the Grizzlies cop a few Ls. It’s already happening somewhat. All the narrative being about if Zion can get the Pelicans to overtake Memphis then he’s rookie of the year.

Going to be real tough for grizzlies.

Just wait for the pundits to drop right off Ja and hype Zion if the Grizzlies cop a few Ls. It’s already happening somewhat. All the narrative being about if Zion can get the Pelicans to overtake Memphis then he’s rookie of the year.

Difference is Ja is playing with mostly kids, grandpas and scrubs (and playing PG)
Zion has some real quality around him - Holiday, Ball, Ingram etc.

Both are getting me moist though.

Difference is Ja is playing with mostly kids, grandpas and scrubs (and playing PG)
Zion has some real quality around him - Holiday, Ball, Ingram etc.

Both are getting me moist though.

no doubt, both are special talents doing special things

But if Zion wins ROY it’s an absolute slight on what Ja has been able to do over the course of the whole season.

no doubt, both are special talents doing special things

But if Zion wins ROY it’s an absolute slight on what Ja has been able to do over the course of the whole season.

I don't see why they both can't be both co Rookies of the Year, esp if Zion keeps healthy, like Grant Hill and Jason Kidd in 1994 (IIRC)

Morant shouldn't be penalized because he plays for one of the most small market teams in the NBA and his consistency, ditto, its unfair if Zion goes HAM for the rest of the season, it's unfair on him that he won't/can't win because of his injuries.

It's a double edged sword this debate, anyhow both are beasts going forward.

Brad Stevens has never once won coach of the year, and he has to be a top 5, if not top 3coach in the league, so individual awards aren't not always an indicator of past and future greatness.

There have been quite a few ROTYs that ended up being bums (Michael Carter Williams, Enema Okafar come on down)

I don't see why they both can't be both co Rookies of the Year, esp if Zion keeps healthy, like Grant Hill and Jason Kidd in 1994 (IIRC)

Morant shouldn't be penalized because he plays for one of the most small market teams in the NBA and his consistency, ditto, its unfair if Zion goes HAM for the rest of the season, it's unfair on him that he won't/can't win because of his injuries.

It's a double edged sword this debate, anyhow both are beasts going forward.

Brad Stevens has never once won coach of the year, and he has to be a top 5, if not top 3coach in the league, so individual awards aren't not always an indicator of past and future greatness.

There have been quite a few ROTYs that ended up being bums (Michael Carter Williams, Enema Okafar come on down)

I just dont think you can win missing 30 odd games.
Its almost half the season.

If for some reason Ja wasnt in existence then you could make a case for Zion with no other stand out rookies.
Once he is in the field he just wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back