The Bigfooty Official Week 8 National Basketball Association Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harden having to rack up 41 mins against the Cavs is epic. Houston are going no where

To be fair their bench is crocked.

Add Gordon, Rivers etc and I doubt he'd be playing as many minutes. Although with the way Gordon was playing, maybe he would.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Trae Young is anything close to a star?

I know the team around him sucks and really does cripple him from an efficiency standpoint but I can't see someone who is that bad defensively leading a team anywhere.

Every aspect of defense he isn't good at and that's on top of the issues with his size.

I know the team around him sucks and really does cripple him from an efficiency standpoint but I can't see someone who is that bad defensively leading a team anywhere.

Every aspect of defense he isn't good at and that's on top of the issues with his size.

Too early to judge definitively.

Steve Nash didn't look like a world beater, but put him with the right mix of teammates and he was dynamite.

To be fair their bench is crocked.

Add Gordon, Rivers etc and I doubt he'd be playing as many minutes. Although with the way Gordon was playing, maybe he would.

Exactly and Green. That being said it is one of the reasons I want MDA gone, always likes small rotations and playing his main guys too much. Look at Tucker, he's like 12th in minutes and is 57 years old.

Teams actively target whoever has Trae Young guarding them and attack him relentlessly.

True, but again to use Nash as a comparison he was paired with Dirk in Dallas and Amare in Phoenix, not exactly the 90s Knicks or Bulls... yet the Mavs and Suns won 60 games per season for years on end.

It's just going to come down to which players the Hawks choose to surround him with.

Steve Nash didn't look like a world beater, but put him with the right mix of teammates and he was dynamite.

Move young to dallas and pair him with doncic. the new nash-dirk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atlanta squad is much like Suns squads from previous 3 campaigns, in that it’s not built to complement their best player. A front line of Len and Jabari Parker isn’t going to stop anyone.
Young is a star for mine but much like Booker copped, he’ll be chastised for “empty” stats.

Exactly and Green. That being said it is one of the reasons I want MDA gone, always likes small rotations and playing his main guys too much. Look at Tucker, he's like 12th in minutes and is 57 years old.

It's why many of us are scratching our heads when it comes to the Rockets. They seem to hang onto the same old style that is proven to not work come Playoffs time. Why they persevere with that man I'm just not getting it.

It's why many of us are scratching our heads when it comes to the Rockets. They seem to hang onto the same old style that is proven to not work come Playoffs time. Why they persevere with that man I'm just not getting it.

This is just wrong.

They would currently be b2b champs if it wasn't for the Warriors team.

They are literally the only team that pushed us when fully fit.

Strong disagree on them being champions if not for the Warriors.

They weren't winning a title.

Two years back, they took the Warriors to 7 games in the WCF and we were lucky to win that (no other team took us past 5). How do you not believe they win it all that year if we don't exist? It was daylight between them and the rest of the (non-Warrior) league that year.

And last year they were the best team we played in the playoffs. Obviously if we don't exist they make the WCF where they would easily take care of the Blazers. I also think they beat Toronto.

Even if you don't think they beat Toronto, it's still shows their style works.

Also are Knick fans still wanting Frank Ntilikina?

Dude is straight up trash.

We'll take the best guard available with our pick, which will likely be around 10 or 12.

Atlanta squad is much like Suns squads from previous 3 campaigns, in that it’s not built to complement their best player. A front line of Len and Jabari Parker isn’t going to stop anyone.
Young is a star for mine but much like Booker copped, he’ll be chastised for “empty” stats.

I always find the ‘empty stats’ criticism to be pretty lazy. I’m sure there are a lot of players in the league that put up empty stats (I look at Lavine as one of those guys rightly or wrongly) but people seem to give it to anyone who is playing well on a bad team. Booker cops it a lot, Young is starting to get it, was listening to a podcast and they brought up Beal as putting up empty stats which I found very harsh. Think you can still play well even if you’re team is losing and if your support cast is as young, inconsistent and generally poor as Atlanta’s is (especially without Collins), you’re not getting many wins. I just know that the same guys who are criticising him for getting 28p/8a would be crucifying him for not putting up numbers if he was averaging 20p/6a.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back