Podcast The Bigfooty Podcast talks GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Ian. And well done to the Podcast lads. Really enjoyed that.

we just have a well prepared club and supporters to boot.
congrats and exciting future for all.hope nsw people that come on board love footy as much as ianW

Well done IanW. Altho' I was a little apprehensive when you started naming players that possibly might not fit the list. No way should Adam Tomlinson ever run around in other colours!

Well done IanW. Altho' I was a little apprehensive when you started naming players that possibly might not fit the list. No way should Adam Tomlinson ever run around in other colours!

No way he should play seconds either, but if it's a choice between playing NEAFL and being a Demon, then do what you need to do to play firsts.

No way he should play seconds either, but if it's a choice between playing NEAFL and being a Demon, then do what you need to do to play firsts.

When Tomlinson did that tweet Q&A thing a couple of weeks ago it was suggested he would fit well at St Kilda. He tweeted back that he wasn't going anywhere. When someone else asked if he was signing soon or putting it off until the end of the year he tweeted back that he would be happy with whatever the giants offered him.

So .... Not going anywhere and happy to re-sign on pretty much any terms.

I think we can stop talking about Tomlinson being anything other than a Giant for a very long time.

When Tomlinson did that tweet Q&A thing a couple of weeks ago it was suggested he would fit well at St Kilda. He tweeted back that he wasn't going anywhere. When someone else asked if he was signing soon or putting it off until the end of the year he tweeted back that he would be happy with whatever the giants offered him.

So .... Not going anywhere and happy to re-sign on pretty much any terms.

I think we can stop talking about Tomlinson being anything other than a Giant for a very long time.

I see his comments, and raise you the comments made by Tom Scully regarding Melbourne, and Mitch Clark regarding Fremantle, and so on.

When he gets offered and signs a contract extension, thats when the talk ends.

I see his comments, and raise you the comments made by Tom Scully regarding Melbourne, and Mitch Clark regarding Fremantle, and so on.

When he gets offered and signs a contract extension, thats when the talk ends.

The comment "I'm not going anywhere" is one of those sort of statements you can't necessarily take for gospel, we're also taking each game at a time and giving 110%, that's fair enough. But to me, the "I'll take whatever the Giants offer me" line is something he didn't need to say, could have been far more vague and neutral in his language. If anything it puts him in a really bad bargaining position - ok, we'll give you $50 and a case of VB. Now obviously that's not going to happen, but I've never head of a player saying "I'll take whatever they offer" and then not.

My money is on him staying.

The comment "I'm not going anywhere" is one of those sort of statements you can't necessarily take for gospel, we're also taking each game at a time and giving 110%, that's fair enough. But to me, the "I'll take whatever the Giants offer me" line is something he didn't need to say, could have been far more vague and neutral in his language. If anything it puts him in a really bad bargaining position - ok, we'll give you $50 and a case of VB. Now obviously that's not going to happen, but I've never head of a player saying "I'll take whatever they offer" and then not.

My money is on him staying.

Specially as Heater would nick the VB.

The following is conjecture, I have no idea how it will unfold, but the only way that Boyd, Patton, Tomlinson and Cameron will fit into one side is for Cameron to play at Centre Half Back! (Harry Taylor has similar physique, goes well there.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was that Seppo asking you some questions there at one stage Ian ?

The Prosecutor started with the bit that began 'can you give Essendon one of Boyd, Patton or Cameron'. The Wookie was at the end talking back office stuff. I think Seppo was in the middle.

The following is conjecture, I have no idea how it will unfold, but the only way that Boyd, Patton, Tomlinson and Cameron will fit into one side is for Cameron to play at Centre Half Back! (Harry Taylor has similar physique, goes well there.)

turn one of the other talls into a CHB
Jezza is too valuable in the forward 50
impossible to match up
his recovery at ground level is as good as anyone in the comp
plays equally well at ground level, crumbing off the packs, quick snaps, but still very good on the lead and marking strong in packs
can bowl anyone over who gets in his way (still very young)
the complete forward
once in a generation player

Good work on the podcast guys, always interested to hear some more in-depth discussion on other clubs great to chuck on in the car on the way to work when it's too early for Sabbath or Metallica and no way I'm switching on SEN again during the week.

Only comment I'd make is the audio/mic issues for IanW got really annoying which is a shame because I was interested in what he was saying but I just ended up tuning most of it out. If this can be sorted would love to hear more from him in future ep's.

Good work on the podcast guys, always interested to hear some more in-depth discussion on other clubs great to chuck on in the car on the way to work when it's too early for Sabbath or Metallica and no way I'm switching on SEN again during the week.

Only comment I'd make is the audio/mic issues for IanW got really annoying which is a shame because I was interested in what he was saying but I just ended up tuning most of it out. If this can be sorted would love to hear more from him in future ep's.

That was mostly my error from having the mike at the wrong distance :Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Back