The BigFooty Rolling PL Team of the Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Hm, don't know haha.

It is ridiculous it is not voted for on MD37 or something. Obviously this is an FA decision. ******* knobs.
It's a PFA award so it would be the players' decision for whatever reason. Who really cares? Plenty of awards post season.

I doubt it would be. Though footballers are ******* idiots so you might be right.

Well why call it a team of the season when it's not based on a full season?

Looks like you should head over to the unpopular opinions thread if you think it's fine for it be carried out prior to the season ending.
Imagine if 3 strikers near the end of the season were all on 25 goals and 2 were picked in the TOTS and the guy that missed out got a hat-trick to win the golden boot.

Imagine if 3 strikers near the end of the season were all on 25 goals and 2 were picked in the TOTS and the guy that missed out got a hat-trick to win the golden boot.

If I recall correctly, Aguero missed out on Team of the Season despite winning the Golden Boot. (Costa and Kane made it).

Won the Golden Boot by 5 goals to boot.

I doubt it would be. Though footballers are ******* idiots so you might be right.

Well why call it a team of the season when it's not based on a full season?

Looks like you should head over to the unpopular opinions thread if you think it's fine for it be carried out prior to the season ending.

I'm ok talking about it here since you're asking the question. I'm pretty sure as it's the PFA award it's the Player's Association that decided on timing.

I guess it would demonstrate that although he won the Golden Boot his all-round game, or impact on his team's performance wasn't as great as the other two. Hardly a big deal is it? He gets the Golden Boot to make up for it. Anyone who gets wound up on who gets in or doesn't get into a Best XI picked by the players is a bit bizarre.

Who really cares? Plenty of awards post season.

:rolleyes:

On cue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liverpool fans spitting fire because Aguero got in over Firmino. However I think the important striker stats actually favour Aguero being in.

Goals: Firmino 15, Aguero 21
Assists: Firmino 7, Aguero 6
Chances Created: Firmino 52, Aguero 40
Key Passes: Firmino 45, Aguero 34
Interceptions: Firmino 15, Aguero 5
Tackles Won: Firmino 49, Aguero 6

Liverpool fans spitting fire because Aguero got in over Firmino. However I think the important striker stats actually favour Aguero being in.

Yep Aguero 100% is rightfully in the side. Shouldn't even be an argument.

Yep Aguero 100% is rightfully in the side. Shouldn't even be an argument.

Certainly is a discussion point, but the goals/assists are what counts as a striker.
Firmino is more on par with Lukaku, who has the same assists and one more goal.

On striker stats alone, Aguero all day. Firmino does far more on the pitch though so I get the argument for Firmino. But Aguero should get in just because they owe him. Isnt it his first selection. He should have a number of selections before this season.

On striker stats alone, Aguero all day. Firmino does far more on the pitch though so I get the argument for Firmino. But Aguero should get in just because they owe him. Isnt it his first selection. He should have a number of selections before this season.
It is his first I believe. I think rightfully he was the better striker. So that's why he is in over Firmino.

Better striker yeah but weirdly I think Firmino has had a better season. But he's such a different player to Aguero.
Weirdly or bias?

Weirdly or bias?

I understand what he's getting at, because Firmino isn't a pure striker like Aguero in that sense. A huge part of the reason Salah has scored so many goals this season is because Firmino has dropped deeper, playing inbetween true #9 and #10, and enabling Salah to play a) further forward and b) more centrally.

Firmino has scored less goals than Aguero but I suspect what Jod means is that goals alone don't illustrate the full scope of his impact. I think the stats you posted on the last page support this. Certainly a strong case to be made for him being in the side, particularly given Aguero's been named as a winger and not a CF. Sterling and Sané unlucky too to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back