The Bigfooty Week 24 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They are absolutely hand cuffed with what they do in the off season too

God knows what they do. May as well just trade Luka at this rate and blow it up

There legit only option
People are so reactionary, they made the WCF last year with a dog s**t roster.

No reason they can not build a contender around Luka in the next 2-3 years.

They made a horrendous decision with Brunson
People were claiming he wasn't playable in the play offs after the 2021 play offs. In hindsight they should have extended him early in the 2022 season but you can see why they were hesitant. After that it was clear he had his mind set on joining the Knicks and nothing was changing that.

[Lowe Post] “Nikola Jokic is giving up more points when trying to defend layups than any player in the history of the player tracking era (since 2013)”

No but he is actually not even that bad of a defender though...

Jokic is giving up 12.9 points, Embiid is giving up 10.0 points.

Dog s**t may be harsh but it was bad

Don't tell me they can not build a similar level roster over a couple years.

Well his two best teammates from last year this year... one a borderline all star, another averaging 23/8 this year. Those two and Luka would be up there with the top handful of top 3s. Then Dinwiddie and Hardaway are solid 4th and 5th options.

Well his two best teammates from last year this year... one a borderline all star, another averaging 23/8 this year. Those two and Luka would be up there with the top handful of top 3s. Then Dinwiddie and Hardaway are solid 4th and 5th options.
Bit misleading because Brunson has improved each year, was good but not this level last year.

Also you can’t count both Krisraps and Dinwiddie as he only had one at any given time. Hardaway was injured for the bulk of last year including the entire run.

That supporting cast is nothing compared to what Tatum has or Giannis or the Warriors had or the Suns or the Grizzlies even.

That team was extremely too heavy and was carried by Luka. I don’t buy that they can’t put a supporting cast around him that can contend in the next 24 months.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit misleading because Brunson has improved each year, was good but not this level last year.

Also you can’t count both Krisraps and Dinwiddie as he only had one at any given time. Hardaway was injured for the bulk of last year including the entire run.

That supporting cast is nothing compared to what Tatum has or Giannis or the Warriors had or the Suns or the Grizzlies even.

That team was extremely too heavy and was carried by Luka. I don’t buy that they can’t put a supporting cast around him that can contend in the next 24 months.

Fair about Dinwiddie. Memory fart.

Someone being injured doesn't mean the team is s**t.

Last year the Warriors big 3 played exactly 8 seconds together during the regular season.

Fair about Dinwiddie. Memory fart.

Someone being injured doesn't mean the team is s**t.

Last year the Warriors big 3 played exactly 8 seconds together during the regular season.
Sure but my main point was that Luka dragged Brunson and Dinwiddie to the conference finals as the two best players on a team.

If he can do that i don't accept that they need to trade Luka as they have no other way to contend.

Lakers go 4-1 to finish the season and they dodge the play in

Rockets, Utah, Clippers, Suns and Utah

They should be winning 4 games there
this is the lakers youre talking about

Clippers/Lakers in game 80 will in all probability decide it.

If the Clips win that, they have a banker against Portland to follow, gives them 43 wins. Tough last game in Phoenix on paper, but the Suns might be in a position to rest players by then. Can't see the Suns or Dubs winning less than 43 either. We've got four tough-ish games to finish, so we'll do well to even make 43.

Will be interesting to see how the LA derby is officiated, accordingly.

“Joel Embiid is my MVP this year. I pick Joel Embiid because I feel he’s been dominant all season long. His team is winning, and I feel like he could have won it the last two years, but Jokic won it both times. I just think because he’s been, to me, the most dominant player, he’s been carrying his team. I think you can’t continue to give it to the guy who’s won it twice in a row, especially when you have a guy like this who’s playing at the same level or even higher. He could have got it one of the two times he was at that level; I just think that’s not how it should work,”. Damian Lillard

[Lowe Post] “Nikola Jokic is giving up more points when trying to defend layups than any player in the history of the player tracking era (since 2013)”

No but he is actually not even that bad of a defender though...

17 points on 17 shots 😂🥴

Remove this Banner Ad

Back