The Biggest Club in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Ridiculous statement.

Last few years are GF, PF, SF.

You are not empathising with Carlton and Essendon supporters. You deserve an actual slump in performance but I hope you don't get it because I'll be on the same ride dammit
Yeah, everything's been just peachy since 2010. Just love losing grand finals we should have won, and also playing a brand of football that was virtually unwatchable. And now, down we go again.

Yeah, its been a fantastic 9 years.

Which part of my post displayed emapathy to Carlton and Essendon supporters?

Huh? We are the biggest club in the land whether you want us to be or not, just looking at any metrics.

Membership? No
Revenue? No
Profit? No
Average attendance? No

You guys see that as us being a 'loser club' with a 'loser mentality', whereas I see it as us having lots of good seasons hitting well above our punching weight and just falling short. Playing in 44 Grand Finals means that for pretty much a third of the VFL/AFL existence we have had a team which is top 2 in the league.

Fact of the matter is, s**t happens on Grand Final Day and while we may not have as many flags as we probably should for our efforts, to be a club which is perpetually contending for premierships is the hallmark of a successful club and you cannot convince me otherwise.

Save me from your self-loathing.

You guys see that as us being a 'loser club' with a 'loser mentality', whereas I see it as us having lots of good seasons hitting well above our punching weight and just falling short. Playing in 44 Grand Finals means that for pretty much a third of the VFL/AFL existence we have had a team which is top 2 in the league.

Fact of the matter is, sh*t happens on Grand Final Day and while we may not have as many flags as we probably should for our efforts, to be a club which is perpetually contending for premierships is the hallmark of a successful club and you cannot convince me otherwise.

fair point. Granted we have lost a lot of Grand Finals. But to be honest in most seasons we simply weren’t the best team in the competition. 2010 we were & got the cup in the end. Even though we nearly choked. 2018, both Richmond & West Coast were better than us, but we nearly stole a flag. 2011 we were better than every team except Geelong & they beat us 3-0 that year. 2002 & 2003 we were far inferior to Brisbane after they merged with Fitzroy. While you can say we have failed often at the big dance, we have certainly on many occasions over achieved to get there in the first place. Swings & roundabouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, everything's been just peachy since 2010. Just love losing grand finals we should have won, and also playing a brand of football that was virtually unwatchable. And now, down we go again.

Yeah, its been a fantastic 9 years.

Which part of my post displayed emapathy to Carlton and Essendon supporters?

None of it. You can read yeah?

By the standards of these analysts, Google is a failed company because Amazon's profits are higher.

Zuckerberg is a joke because Bezos...

Meanwhile, they prolly drive Kias...

Fact of the matter is, sh*t happens on Grand Final Day and while we may not have as many flags as we probably should for our efforts, to be a club which is perpetually contending for premierships is the hallmark of a successful club and you cannot convince me otherwise.

You dont get it do you? The fact that collingwood people are strutting around telling the world that Collingwood is the biggest club, is completely independent to what the club is doing.

Saying that it isn't the biggest club ISN'T saying that it is a loser club. It is merely saying that it isnt the biggest club.

Get it?

By the standards of these analysts, Google is a failed company because Amazon's profits are higher.

Zuckerberg is a joke because Bezos...

Meanwhile, they prolly drive Kias...

You should try using logic every so often. It might improve your thinking. If Amazon's profits are higher than Google, then Amazon is a more profitable company.

Let me put it in terms you can understand.

Lachie Neale got more votes than Travis Boak in the brownlow. It doesnt mean that Travis is a failed footballer. In fact, he had a pretty good season. It just means that Lachie wins the brownlow.

Does that help?

I'm well known for two things.... loyalty to my mates like you....and i'm real real tight with my money

All wealthy folks.

Back in the day I was a pizza deliverer.

People with dead Toranas in their driveways would give you a couple bucks tip.

People with 0.5 km driveways wanted their 5 cents change and would wait while you fished it out of your bumbag...

You should try using logic every so often. It might improve your thinking. If Amazon's profits are higher than Google, then Amazon is a more profitable company.

Let me put it in terms you can understand.

Lachie Neale got more votes than Travis Boak in the brownlow. It doesnt mean that Travis is a failed footballer. In fact, he had a pretty good season. It just means that Lachie wins the brownlow.

Does that help?

Travis Boak is still sleeping well at night. He isn't twisting himself into self-critical knots. Does that help?

Travis Boak is still sleeping well at night. He isn't twisting himself into self-critical knots. Does that help?

i hear he sleeps well because he plays a soundtrack during the night that continually says "I play for the biggest club".

It seems that's his only ambition in life...

i hear he sleeps well because he plays a soundtrack during the night that continually says "I play for the biggest club".

It seems that's his only ambition in life...

I'm a big fan of both the satirical/ironic/sarcastic and sincere/earnest versions of you.

This version needs to take a long walk off a short pier

Remove this Banner Ad

Back