The Biggest Game in the World

Remove this Banner Ad

Would probably be just to play the game behind close doors.
But seeing as that isnt gonna happen, fingers crossed we actually get a game and no violence tonight.

Seriously, watch this game. It's absolutely nuts. No holds barred attacking, enough horrendous tackles to get most of the River side sent off by half time, an all in brawl featuring scratching and * knows what else.

Game will not take place in Argentina.
Likely to be held in Asuncion, Miami, UAE or Genoa.

Last edited:
i dont understand why it isnt just being played at a neutral ground in argentina.

well, i do, its to make a lot more money overseas. but still.
Boca and River fans are strewn throughout Argentina though, so the chance of violence and/or confrontation is still relatively high just about anywhere in Argentina.

Boca and River fans are strewn throughout Argentina though, so the chance of violence and/or confrontation is still relatively high just about anywhere in Argentina.
Agreed. You couldn’t have both Boca & River as travelling fans. It would be mayhem. If they both turned up to a neutral ground in B.A (Independiente, San Lorenzo etc) or travelled say up to Rosario or Córdoba how on Earth could they be contained? They’d both be on the streets. It wouldn’t be good.
Nah, River blew it, so play it outside of Argentina.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. You couldn’t have both Boca & River as travelling fans. It would be mayhem. If they both turned up to a neutral ground in B.A (Independiente, San Lorenzo etc) or travelled say up to Rosario or Córdoba how on Earth could they be contained? They’d both be on the streets. It wouldn’t be good.
Nah, River blew it, so play it outside of Argentina.

yep, this!!

If anyone listens to the BBC world football phone in, Tim Vickery sums it up perfectly towards the end of the latest podcast.

Surprised there isn’t any posts about it, totally forgot it was on.

River won 3-1, 5-3 on aggregate. Boca scored first, was 1-1 at end of 90 minutes so went to extra time. River’s second goal by Quintero was worthy of winning any competition, they got the third when all Boca’s players were up for a corner to try & snatch a draw

Would have preferred Boca to win based on the way River’s fans acted to bring shame to the competition, only going to add more fuel to the fire moving on

Watched at a bar with group of argentines. Very entertaining match I thought, obviously not to the same standard as the champions league but it was fast and furious and lived up to the hype.

Would have preferred Boca to win based on the way River’s fans acted to bring shame to the competition, only going to add more fuel to the fire moving on

I also would've preferred them to win but going by the highlights I saw of both games, I got the impression the better team won. Just a joke it had to be played in Spain.

I also would've preferred them to win but going by the highlights I saw of both games, I got the impression the better team won. Just a joke it had to be played in Spain.

Yep! The Cup named in honour of liberating South America from Spanish colonialism has its final moved to Madrid!!

But it was a good game to watch, both sides played decent attacking football.

TBF though what were the other options??

Play it in Argentina? Well that was proven to be unsafe.
Play it in a neigbouring South American country? Maybe, but wouldnt Argetines just flood into that place anyway, plus security and infastructure probably wouldnt be up to scratch for the occaision.
Play it in Qatar or the UAE? no thanks

Genoa and Madrid both offered to host the final, and provide all security and logistics, they imho were easily the best two options.
So it made sense to play it in Madrid given the circumstances. Huge ex-pat Argentine population, ample stadium to host such an event and adequate security etc.

I mean the the NFL have games in England regularly, the past is the past. Lets acknowledge history but not let it define everything about the future.

In the end we got the spectacle we wanted and none of the troubles we saw in Buenos Aries.

Last edited:

the 16:00 minute mark really shows you just how messed up it can be.
literally celebrating murder.

absolutely fascinating doco though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back