THE BIGGEST GAME OF FOOTY PLAYED IN SA

Remove this Banner Ad

Captain Morgan

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
State of origin, SA v Vic in 1995 on a Wednesday night, smart v abblet. Awfully cold night from memory.

But yes. Friday night prelim. The nation will be watching. I hope we get the loudest mother ******* 'ad-el-aide' chant resonating around the ground known ever heArd.

Our destiny awaits.

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
These games don't come very often in Adelaide, it is a once in 10 years event. Let's take this extremely rare opportunity of making a Grand Final after 6,900+ frustrating days of waiting. Win and it may be the start of a dynasty. Blow it and it might all be over for a very long time, and perhaps my 27 or so years support for this club. Now or never AFC. You can do this guys!

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
These games don't come very often in Adelaide, it is a once in 10 years event. Let's take this extremely rare opportunity of making a Grand Final after 6,900+ frustrating days of waiting. Win and it may be the start of a dynasty. Blow it and it might all be over for a very long time, and perhaps my 27 or so years support for this club. Now or never AFC. You can do this guys!

A win on Friday night and potentially a premiership the week after would be the coup de grace for SA footy.

A loss and this club and us, the supporters, will be copping it for every angle from Rucci to Kornes and all the Port supporters.

This club needs to reward us for the last 20 grueling years, it's the club's time to make a stand and not let anyone take this away from them.

A loss and this club and us, the supporters, will be copping it for every angle from Rucci to Kornes and all the Port supporters.
Extremely this, and rightfully so too. We've been the best team all year. This is our time.

When all our players left, we sought solace in a flag. When Bails and Walshy left us, we said that if we win a flag we'll have bloody well earnt it. Well that ******* flag is 2 wins away. This is the flag we want so bad, and it's ours for the taking! 2 more wins.

The flag for Tippett, Danger, Davis, etc is 2 wins away. More importantly the flag for Bails and Walshy is 2 wins away. But most importantly, the flag for all the players that went through every hard time over the past few years and all the supporters who have been through 20 years of nothing is just 2 wins away.

It's our time. Seal the deal.

Get the job done.

Kerleys Ghost

Club Legend
May 23, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
jRfEuf.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
Port fans would kick up an argument and say that the 2004 prelim was pretty big haha but yes this one is our biggest game in SA since the 2006 prelim.

I think the reason it feels so huge is because it's a bit of a breaking point.

If we can't make a GF from here, will it ever bloody happen? 20 years of falling short and now we're in the box seat. If we lose the prelim from here, it's going to kill the spirit of a lot of people. It'll be bloody hard to get back up after another prelim loss. There is a lot riding on this. Kind of like a now or never moment.

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

If we can't make a GF from here, will it ever bloody happen? 20 years of falling short and now we're in the box seat. If we lose the prelim from here, it's going to kill the spirit of a lot of people. It'll be bloody hard to get back up after another prelim loss. There is a lot riding on this. Kind of like a now or never moment.
Club defining moment

CrowMike

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's the biggest game by a mile. If Port were hosting this game we know the crowd would be smaller but would be a great and intimidating atmosphere. This, for many will be the last time that they will get to see the Crows live for 2017 and we need to make sure that it counts. The roar we they run must be spine tingling , bringing tears to the eyes of the commentary teams. The roar after the anthem must be deafening; ideally we'd all chant We Fly As One just before the bounce down, just to ram home that is no ordinary game. We need to make sure that we put our feet on Geelong's throat and push down hard and make it that much harder for Geelong.
This is our chance to get our boys in a grand final and I for one will do everything in my power to get the crowd up and about!!!

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide

I agree 1,000%

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Port fans would kick up an argument and say that the 2004 prelim was pretty big haha but yes this one is our biggest game in SA since the 2006 prelim.
It's the biggest ever in SA, probably surpassing our first game in 1991. That was a (very important) home and away game, and this is for a spot in the GF. We are bigger and better than Port, so Crows prelims matter more than Port ones.

Agree. If we can make the GF after being the best team all season this will break us. The spirit of our supporters will be shattered. Our H&A results will be meaningless for the entire year again until we land in a GF.

This would be worse than 119 because they were not the best team all season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back