Universal Love The Billy Hartung Bandwagon thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All aboard!

Seats will be strictly limited, so jump on while you still can.

Billy is a prodigious runner. Having watched him a few times this season he bolts up and down the wings of Box Hill City Oval, often without reward( which will change over time). It's not uncommon for Billy to be part of a chain of handballs at the half back line only to see him streaming into the forward pocket screaming for the ball to be delivered to him, after running his arse off to make himself dangerous ahead of the play.
He is quite good by foot, and has shown a willingness to take the game on.

On Saturday night he had what Damien Carroll termed his best game for the club since being drafted.

Hartung gathered 25 disposals in the victory, with his run and carry through the midfield of particular importance.

“That was his best game at senior VFL level,” Caroll said.

“He used the ball really well, linked up well and he was able to spread well to help us get a lot of ball on the outside, which helped us with our forward momentum with the footy.

“He’s coming along really well and we’re really happy he could put together that performance.”

So get in early, he's got a way to go, but Billy looks very likely to have his own fan club in no time.

Count me in aswell! , I'll bring a banjo so we can have a singalong.
dueling-banjos-o.gif

Yeehaw! Nothing can go wrong when banjo's are involved!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17 Handball Receives (according to the stats) would suggest that he's working really hard to create a target for his teammates.

I reckon he's one of those players who would actually go better in the AFL than the VFL (as strange as that sounds). Impressed with what little I've seen so far and wouldn't surprise if he got a run for the Big Hawks later in the year.

I'm happy to jump on Billy's band wagon, although strangely enough I've actually been casting an eye over to the Ceglar bandwagon lately!

The horses pulling the Jordan Williams bandwagon seem not to be moving, no matter how hard I hit them.

I'll need a seat on an aisle, please. So the drinks cart will reach me.

I can see him being named in our 25 for this weeks Sunday game and ultimately rain as an emergency, just to give him a sniff off the seniors. If we find ourselves in a position later in the year where we can be managing players workloads I can see him getting a couple of games while Hill, Smith, Breust and Rioli get a break. Same story with Sicily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back