Universal Love The Billy Hartung Bandwagon thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now compare it to who we've picked up over the years and I'd say our culture of treating our players well is working for us.

It's a simple thought. A person who loves something or being somewhere will put in a lot more work than someone who doesn't. It's why armies for almost the entirety of human history have focused on boosting the morale of their soldiers. It's why nationalist propaganda was such a massive tool used by all nations in the World War Era to try and create a bond between citizen and nation.

Treat people well and they will do well.

Precisely. And the go-home factor will always be an issue when you draft blokes from across the Nullarbor. The fact that Hill will be the first young developing player to potentially go home as a result of this (and I dare say his off-field issues in 15/16 are a massive influence on this - not so much the club itself) speaks volumes. If our club starts treating players like crap and put in Hartung in place of Hill for the hell of it - then it would have a ripple effect and would cause damage in the long-term.

Players should be picked on merit - plain and simple.

North are so dumb.

Did they not think it was odd that a club like Hawthorn would delist a guy who played 16 games in the year he was delisted?

Only took them a season to figure out why.

Many Norf fans upset about letting go of Billy. A bleak insight into what being a Norf fan must be like.

Surprised North axed Billy, when I saw him play earlier this year I thought he showed a bit. Maybe they’ve got Gaff over the line and feel they don’t need him any longer?

It is strange that clubs keep naming him in the seniors (he only missed at north through injury), he racks up decent numbers and offers all day run and yet he gets suddenly delisted two seasons in a row. He must have halitosis.

Surprised North axed Billy, when I saw him play earlier this year I thought he showed a bit. Maybe they’ve got Gaff over the line and feel they don’t need him any longer?

Must be confident of Polec and either Gaff or that fella from the GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just delisted from North.
Is it just attitude with this kid or his old man or what?

I think he is good enough to be on a list, but he is probably done now.

Just delisted from North.
Is it just attitude with this kid or his old man or what?

I think he is good enough to be on a list, but he is probably done now.

It has to be attitude at this point, always thought the kid had a lot of tools but it may just end up being that he is one.

It is strange that clubs keep naming him in the seniors (he only missed at north through injury), he racks up decent numbers and offers all day run and yet he gets suddenly delisted two seasons in a row. He must have halitosis.

It might be his dad. “You willing to pay 1.2 mill for Gaff, well billy is worth 2.1 mil then. Cash will be fine”

It has to be attitude at this point, always thought the kid had a lot of tools but it may just end up being that he is one.

He just simply aint that good. I never saw it with him, was always happy to be proven wrong but he had so many limitations and only 1 real strength which he didn't know how to properly utilize.

My biggest issue with him (besides the obvious lack of love for the contest) was he had very poor agility. Very much only a straight line player.

What attitude though? Not following instructions?

He obviously works hard on the track.

Given the way the game is heading, it is staggering he is not on a list.
You can have him - just don't bring within 10 miles of any club I'm associated with.

What attitude though? Not following instructions?

He obviously works hard on the track.

Given the way the game is heading, it is staggering he is not on a list.

Have a quick glimpse at the social media of a few of the players, you'll find most of them hang out with each other and have friends around the club. Hartung didn't, really. I'm not sure whether that's a reflection on him but it's part of the reason why people might think it's attitude.

It's hard to tell what goes on inside a footy club but the fact he was delisted seems to speak to a great degree of what he might be like.

Not really, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back