thegoldenbear

Team Captain
Feb 8, 2001
In the cyber woods
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
His comment about the culture being 500% worse etc, etc......has really driven a wedge between the players. As Stewie said this morning on Rex's show, "there are 80% of guys who have done nothing wrong".

Fair enough too. But I think Malcolm felt that the players should be the ones to let these 20% that they have to lift their game. It seems like all the warning in the world don't have any kind of effect but I can imagine a cold stare from a team mate a training or after the game might pull a few into line.

i think it's time to settle down a little bit at moorabbin. malcolm has stirred up a hornets nest and the club has received a lot of unwanted media attention due to his comments. he has got the senior players upset, past administrations upset (plympton pointed out that under his culture we made 4 finals series and a grand final) and has left many supporters with the feeling that he's making excuses for our dismal season. spider's remarks on the footy show were pathetic, he should be gagged from talking to the media from now on. i know he was trying to say that the culture has improved this season but it made me wince when he said that in the past the players were always trying to get away with whatever they could . as a financial member of the club i want the players to be professional and dedicated to playing the best footy they can for st kilda, not trying to get away with a piss up or two.

malcolm has had his say now but should keep quiet for a while, if that's possible for an egomaniac. ;) he is the highest paid and highest profile st kilda employee and has a responsibility to promote the club and not continually knock it. i know it's important to stamp out the boozers culture adopted by some of the saints players but not at the expense of the reputations of loewe, harvey, burke and others who have always been professional on and off the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back