FTA-TV The Block 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS, give it a break.

Maybe Kim could use that advice and let it go rather than holding a grudge the whole series over a small wall...

I'm just thankful this is the last week of Kim on TV.

The two boys have been the only decent couple the whole series.

They had the biggest budget this week, but will have one of the smallest next week. W&K have the exact same budget they had next week. A lot of the kitchen comes free as part of the sponsorship. For all their whinging, the girls do very ******* little for themselves, coasting on the work of the paid professionals.

They had the biggest budget this week, but will have one of the smallest next week. W&K have that exact same budget they had next week. A lot of the kitchen comes free as part of the sponsorship. For all their whinging, the girls do very ******* little for themselves, coasting on the work of the paid professionals.

Just evenly split it and we won't have the whining every year. Every couple gets $25,000 for both rooms. You can structure that any way you wish.

Just evenly split it and we won't have the whining every year. Every couple gets $25,000 for both rooms. You can structure that any way you wish.

Well as it is, W&K get $26k and K&C get $23k across the 2 weeks... and what was said about W&K having over $2k spare after this week of crying poor?

Well as it is, W&K get $26k and K&C get $23k across the 2 weeks... and what was said about W&K having over $2k spare after this week of crying poor?

Meh the 2k wouldn't have made one bit of a difference, that is probably 1 chair..you might as well spend more in the next week. You can't have couples with huge differences in budgets though. Yet the girls get what 12k across BOTH weeks? The boys were in the mid teen's as well. It is immediately disadvantaging couples.

Just make the budgets the same. It is not that hard.

Meh the 2k wouldn't have made one bit of a difference, that is probably 1 chair..you might as well spend more in the next week. You can't have couples with huge differences in budgets though. Yet the girls get what 12k across BOTH weeks? The boys were in the mid teen's as well. It is immediately disadvantaging couples.

The budgets were based on what each room approximately costs to do across the whole competition. I'm no K&C fan, but people who do sfa in the trades department (and hence pay overs) shouldn't be awarded. They need to work for this, and stop relying on others doing it for them whilst chugging on a McCafe coffee...

I agree $17k was to much for the terrace, but you can't just split the money evenly, each area is different in size, requires different trades and they have vouchers from different suppliers. Plus if the producers of this show split the money accordingly and not giving this responsibility to a contestant then it would make for very boring TV.

As for what will did, it was an innocent prank but instead of acting like a 12 year old, he should of apologised.

I agree $17k was to much for the terrace, but you can't just split the money evenly, each area is different in size,
What the show didn't really say because the perceived drama was better than reality, is that Kim&Chris had $17,000 and NO vouchers, while all the others had money and vouchers. So Kim did needed the money, and the split was fairer than the show made out. Carlie complaining she no money for styling when she had over $2000 change from her room was a bit rich, but it might be she didn't know this as, let's face it, none of them are great at budgeting. My only other criticism for the night in the winning rooms was a movie projector set up on the balcony. Imaging sitting out there in the middle of winter, no thanks.

The girls 'kids room' was s**t, and Will&Carlies room looked like they just gave up.

What the show didn't really say because the perceived drama was better than reality, is that Kim&Chris had $17,000 and NO vouchers, while all the others had money and vouchers. So Kim did needed the money, and the split was fairer than the show made out. Carlie complaining she no money for styling when she had over $2000 change from her room was a bit rich, but it might be she didn't know this as, let's face it, none of them are great at budgeting. My only other criticism for the night in the winning rooms was a movie projector set up on the balcony. Imaging sitting out there in the middle of winter, no thanks.

The girls 'kids room' was s**t, and Will&Carlies room looked like they just gave up.
They were saving because they are more desperate for next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's some pretty good second hand furniture dealers in Melbourne, so Carlie&Will could've brought a decent chair for relatively cheap if they bothered to think outside the square.
Not only that, there's a HEAP of top quality independent furniture designer/makers who would almost make it for nothing just for the exposure. Christian Cole is a very standard commercial maker who no doubt has a deal with the Block for advertising.

Btw, am I the only one who'd never heard the words 'loggia' or 'terrazzo' before this series? :$ Sounds a bit wanky when they're all dropping the words like they were 'milk' and 'bread' or something...then of course there is the Gaggenau...I'm not rich enough :(

Come on Fwoy, they're just a couple of boys who don't know what they're doing...

With each episode i hate each contestant more and more. Kim and cop are w***ers, the lesbians are useless whingers, the old couple are boring and he is a w***er, the boys try too hard to be funny and offer nothing. Will and his misso are maybe the best but he is a weirdo.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

With each episode i hate each contestant more and more. Kim and cop are ******s, the lesbians are useless whingers, the old couple are boring and he is a ******, the boys try too hard to be funny and offer nothing. Will and his misso are maybe the best but he is a weirdo.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Feels like they are being encouraged to wind everyone else up.

Becoming a drama type show

Remove this Banner Ad

Back