FTA-TV The Block 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Getting real sick of the lesbian couple. The brunette is a mess and wouldn't be surprised to see her quit or have a breakdown. The blonde i liked at first but she is getting more aggressive to the other that its becoming uncomfortable to watch.

This whole week has been a wingefest. Sore losers all over the place

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Getting real sick of the lesbian couple.
Have to agree, the emotional crap is getting tedious. This is a very competitive group though. What I couldn't understand on last nights challenge that they flew them back to Melbourne from Daylesford to shop when all the same shops are pretty much 30 minutes down the road in Ballarat. Way to support the local economy C9.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Without wanting to make light of DV, I would not be surprised if she slaps Julia around a bit. It no wonder Julia has no confidence when she's constantly getting put down by her spouse.
I said the same thing a few pages back and was told "Meh, stress does funny things to people." But you could tell from the start Sasha & Julia already had this dynamic in their relationship. It does come across as a bit abusive at times.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
I said the same thing a few pages back and was told "Meh, stress does funny things to people." But you could tell from the start Sasha & Julia already had this dynamic in their relationship. It does come across as a bit abusive at times.
No doubt the producers wanted a a girl couple and probably screened/interviewed a dozen and picked them because of this underlying tension.

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
At times i can understand why Sasha gets so frustrated with her.. She is literally doing everything or is at least the edit makes it seem like she has to do most things and make all decisions while Julia sits in a room and cries and says i'm just doubting every decision i'm making.. i don't know.. blah blah blah..

Julia has one job, style the room and it shouldn't be hard as it's your background.. if 2 guys with literally no idea can do it.. you surely can.. Toughen up princess!

Surely $1.01 to split up post show.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
All these couple are acting like dicks how old are they, Bunch of kids.

Will and Karlie arguing about their noise fine, Are they serious? Like they're in year 7, Everyone was warned quite clearly.

Julia is melting down and it's all her own doing, She doesn't do anything at all and she thinks it's hard lol, Grow up.

Sasha is turning into a bully.

Carleen is a sook mole, Can't accept any form of criticism.

Dan is ok but thinks because he's old he can disrespect the younger contestants.

The boys and the other couple forget their names have the best work ethic and attitude although the copper and missus are starting to get caught up with the feud with the lesbians and it's making them angry towards the whole comp.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
The amount of times ex reality contestants complain about the editing that makes them look bad. I know someone who's house was featured on Selling Houses and she said they manipulated the entire show for dramatic effect.
One a few separate occasions they sent them away for the day for the the carpet layers, painters and cleaners to come in and do the job, on returning home one room wasn't carpeted and was a mess and a camera recorded the response, the same happened with the painters who left one door half painted and also recorded, and the cleaners cleaned for the final day film shoot and on return the kitchen had water, dirty rags and buckets all over it, again recorded and used in the show.
Once the producers knew they were going out for a few big drinks as nothing was scheduled for the following day, surprise surprise they rocked up first thing, got them out of bed all hungover to take them viewing other houses in the same price bracket, the comments about the over pricing of the house didn't go down well all hungover and cranky but made good TV. And for the record she said host Andrew was a real pig, and Shana was an absolute gem, real lovely lady.

Mr whiskers

Team Captain
Suspended
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah, we have to accept the show is edited to look a certain way and cut them all some slack.

Having said that, the two guys s**t me too. They act like idiots most of the time, and you know they're only doing it for cameras, so it seems fake.
At least they are actually sharing the work load

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
How do you know the whinge is in relation to the actual topic being discussed? Past criticisms from the block and biggest loser said 2 or 3 conversations were often edited in to a single whinge

Karlie whinging about having to do 1 hours worth of work on the common area, contestants complaining about judging scores, Will putting the blame on his concrete floor not going to his plan etc don't seem like they've been taken out of context

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Karlie whinging about having to do 1 hours worth of work on the common area, contestants complaining about judging scores, Will putting the blame on his concrete floor not going to his plan etc don't seem like they've been taken out of context
Just curious if you have ever been involved in a very large build or manufacture by yourself or with one other person under a massive deadline with chronic sleep and nutrient deficiency?

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
sleep and nutrient deficiency plays a massive part when you are 5 week into a 12 week project.

Ordinary people off the street, out of their depth, living onsite for 3 months without family and some without their children, deadlines, trades everywhere, cameras in your face every moment of the day with producers scripting and inflaming confrontation, the pressure these people are under is massive and to have a go at them for so called whinging is a bit silly in my opinion.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Steve from years ago, who ended up winning, have a whinge about editing making him seem "mentally deficient" and think he was within his right.

This year they are fair game. Giving too much ammo.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Editing doesn't change the fact that what a few of the couples say is definitely whinging
Yes, maybe so, but they still cherry pick moments out of a whole day and put them together to make it appear worse than it is. This is what these kind of reality TV shows do, it's the formula.

Squeaky

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2005
Up north
AFL Club
Essendon
I agree it's the formula cos all of these shows do it - but I would much rather watch just the renovation aspect of the show to see what kind of transformation the contestants can make to an area and not put up with the clearly cherry picked bullshit.
In this & previous seasons I ignore the challenges etc. as it has no bearing on what they are doing in each apartment.
Is the concocted crap really what people want to see?

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Kim and Chris' entire apartment will be a mix and match of styles in each room, will be the ugliest apartment but the best location so could still fetch top dollar.

At least the boys can laugh at some criticism, unlike others.

And can't believe Dan arguing with Scott about the noise and use of the collated gun. trying to argue the point even though will had footage. Surely with his years of experience and 8 renos he knows what a power tool is. For mine they shouldn't been allowed to work for 5-6 hours the following day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back