FTA-TV The Block 2019

Who Will Win The Block 2019

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How is a small rug any different to a bath mat?

Idk what its made from- i was looking at rugs the other day actually for my bedroom. (almost had a heart attack at the cost of a good quality one, lol.)

Would not have one in the bathroom, no thanks.

/would really love to put carpet in the bedroom tho- but thinking of re-selling ppl probably prefer no carpet.

Jesse stiff not to win. Best room for me last night.
I thought Deb & Andy's was the best one to my tastes.

I didn't love the boys ensuite but it does fit what they're doing in their apartment. I agreed with Shayna that the bathroom cabinet should've been the same colour as what they used in the kitchen to make it all flow, and a mirror is easy to replace anyway.

Last edited:

Idk what its made from- i was looking at rugs the other day actually for my bedroom. (almost had a heart attack at the cost of a good quality one, lol.)

Would not have one in the bathroom, no thanks.

/would really love to put carpet in the bedroom tho- but thinking of re-selling ppl probably prefer no carpet.
Agree about the price of rugs. Even moderate quality prices are through the roof. No idea why because the majority are mass produced cheaply in India. The mark-up must be staggering.

Cracked up last week when after Elise and Matt had a fight, she walked off, then after a bit Matt just looked around and climbed the nearest ladder in to the ceiling. It looked like he was searching for an escape for the interview so awkwardly decided to get up there and pretend he was doing something despite having NFI where it went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were never given enough money anyway ($100,000 short IMO), and there was no way the room reveal prizes and the challenges would make up the difference for every team. So here is where The Block cheats the contestants a little. Scotty will come out at some point and say they're giving them all more money, BUT it'll have to be added to the reserve, reducing their prize overall money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The villain has changed a few times. Jesse at the start. Mitch & Mark over the party house, and now El'ise

Ive liked Jesse from day dot tho. ..... i.... kinda have a very weird crush on him now as well.

What do we think of this mass exodus? Clearly its all set up, but obviously they dont have enough cash to finish the houses. Like Stevie Wonder could see that..

Ive liked Jesse from day dot tho. ..... i.... kinda have a very weird crush on him now as well.

What do we think of this mass exodus? Clearly its all set up, but obviously they dont have enough cash to finish the houses. Like Stevie Wonder could see that..
Like you said, it's reality TV drama and probably set up for the TV.

Yeah same here. Haven't had an issue with Jesse since the start, think he's pretty funny tbh.
I like Matt as well, thought he was a bit of a dick for a while there but he seems alright.

Another year another budget storyline. Channel 9 have caused this problem themselves by always propping up contestants with additional money at the end. As a result this year none of them have cared from the start about the budget.

I think most seasons, especially the recent ones, Scotty has basically told them if you don't like it leave. But you know they're going to stump up some more money. $250K was never enough on a build this big when tradies and materials alone are costing $20-30,000 a week and then add your painting and decorating/design. The size of these rooms are enormous. There's no way the company that runs this build is going to let the houses go unfinished. No way in hell. I can see them giving the contestants another $100K each to finish the build.

The budget was probably enough (but it would have been stretching it) to finish the structure, fixtures and fittings. It was never going to be enough to also furnish and decorate it given the expected quality from the show/judges.

I agree somewhat with Redline that the past budgets and those contestants all getting extra money has led to these ones to place far less emphasis on trying to stay within budget than previously

Back