• Poll closed .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlakeyNoFlakey

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Q. why do we have to make million dollar properties?

Why...
There's probably a mentality with the TV part they they need to get bigger and better each year, so they've taken on bigger and bigger projects over time. They realized this year they can't keep going on like that if the business model is going to stay profitable. We only know how much they made from the sales, but we don;t know what revenues was raised from the broadcast and merchandising rights too.

BlakeyNoFlakey

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Well they are in St Kilda...
I heard this line on some TV show recently where a man asks a woman if she'll have sex for him for a Million dollars and she said yes. Then he said, well, how about I pay you a dollar instead?

She said a dollar? Why would I take a dollar instead of a million?

He said, Because you've already established your price is negotiable.

BlakeyNoFlakey

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
I was just reading an article where they said it cost c9 $10million to buy The Oslo. If you add up all the reserves they made $14,950,000 from the auctions, the cost of the build had to be in the millions easily. I hope they made some good money from the broadcast and sponsors. Cos it doesn't add up.

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I imagine a fair chunk of the build costs are paid by all the in-show advertising (Bluescope Steel, whatever company they were pushing for the bricks around the fireplaces etc) and that the vouchers are given to them in return for being name dropped (i.e Beacon, Reece, Freedom)

I wouldn't be worrying about Scottie and the architect's production company making a loss, let alone Ch9

Fwoy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I imagine a fair chunk of the build costs are paid by all the in-show advertising (Bluescope Steel, whatever company they were pushing for the bricks around the fireplaces etc) and that the vouchers are given to them in return for being name dropped (i.e Beacon, Reece, Freedom)

I wouldn't be worrying about Scottie and the architect's production company making a loss, let alone Ch9
I Colourbond think the Colourbond mentions would Colourbond probably Colourbond pay for a Colourbond bit of it...

....Colourbond

Stevi_Tigers

Hall of Famer
Mar 2, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester United
I was just reading an article where they said it cost c9 $10million to buy The Oslo. If you add up all the reserves they made $14,950,000 from the auctions, the cost of the build had to be in the millions easily. I hope they made some good money from the broadcast and sponsors. Cos it doesn't add up.
Would get paid a shit load by sponsors and ad revenue they make a killing mate

Remember that monopoly thing they did as well the previous year they’re shifty

saj_21

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2007
unlisted
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
It obviously adds up, why would a show run for 14 seasons only to lose money.

The advertising packages can run from thousands up to the million

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I can tell you the warranty insurance for each unit was taken out at under $900,000.

Top Bottom