FTA-TV The Block 2019

Who Will Win The Block 2019

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This season is set in what was the Oslo Hotel in St Kilda. A building from the 1850s that was most recently a low rent hostel.

They've turned them into 5 terraces, each with 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms (+2 half baths) and a swimming pool over 3 levels. It should be a lot like the season that was in Elsternwick a couple of years ago (the one with weatherboard houses in the front and modern extensions out the back + a room over the garage), except this time it's terraces instead of weathboard houses at the front

Last edited:
The floor plan of the northwestern most two terraces:

Ground.png

First.png

Second.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They like to make it hard though, right?
Massive task ahead for them. Look forward to the melts.

I like watching back to the early weeks of 2019 and trying to figure out the various Vic Public Holidays

A quick google search says filming started in late Feb, meaning labour day will be in a couple of weeks with Easter and Anzac day following on.

A mate of mine who I play footy with (is a landscaper) and worked on one of the properties and this was late April. I didn't realise there was such a delay between end of the build until the auction which makes sense to allow for marketing of the properties.

A quick google search says filming started in late Feb, meaning labour day will be in a couple of weeks with Easter and Anzac day following on.

A mate of mine who I play footy with (is a landscaper) and worked on one of the properties and this was late April. I didn't realise there was such a delay between end of the build until the auction which makes sense to allow for marketing of the properties.
Not only is there a big delay, the contestants also get 3 or so weeks after filming the final judging to go back and repair/alter any issues or design.

I think is more so they can fix them so that they are up to the specifications expected of the anticipated sale price.

The entire show is one long ad for the properties - they don't need much additional marketing

Not only is there a big delay, the contestants also get 3 or so weeks after filming the final judging to go back and repair/alter any issues or design.

That doesn't surprise me, some of the painting must be water thin and patchy

The Block is back! Thank god, and right away I felt connections with the contestants, which just shows how well they make this show. There's a little diversity in this group too, which is a nice change. This is going to be a huge job, and I really thought given them such a short time to do a bedroom and ensuite that big was going to result in unfinished rooms. Teams will go broke in this series (like most of them usually do) but I thought it good Scotty was pushing the budget issue from the start. I liked that they didn't make the contestants do a room to decide who gets what apartment, that's such a waste of time and money. But a 460m2 apartment to renovate in that condition is not something I'd like to do in the time frames the show makes them do it. That's the biggest drawback of the places The Block has done, IMO, having to do it so quickly means they have to take the kind of shortcuts that will eventually cause problems sooner rather than later. But, looking forward to the series.

Going by the clips they showed of episodes coming up this week, the judges were in a room that was only plastered so tipping some couples don’t get there. I’m sure they pushed them this week to create some early drama. Finishing a bedroom on time or early would be a boring first week.

Back