FTA-TV The Block 2019

Who Will Win The Block 2019

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Q. why do we have to make million dollar properties?

Why...
There's probably a mentality with the TV part they they need to get bigger and better each year, so they've taken on bigger and bigger projects over time. They realized this year they can't keep going on like that if the business model is going to stay profitable. We only know how much they made from the sales, but we don;t know what revenues was raised from the broadcast and merchandising rights too.

Well they are in St Kilda...
I heard this line on some TV show recently where a man asks a woman if she'll have sex for him for a Million dollars and she said yes. Then he said, well, how about I pay you a dollar instead?

She said a dollar? Why would I take a dollar instead of a million?

He said, Because you've already established your price is negotiable.

I was just reading an article where they said it cost c9 $10million to buy The Oslo. If you add up all the reserves they made $14,950,000 from the auctions, the cost of the build had to be in the millions easily. I hope they made some good money from the broadcast and sponsors. Cos it doesn't add up.

I imagine a fair chunk of the build costs are paid by all the in-show advertising (Bluescope Steel, whatever company they were pushing for the bricks around the fireplaces etc) and that the vouchers are given to them in return for being name dropped (i.e Beacon, Reece, Freedom)

I wouldn't be worrying about Scottie and the architect's production company making a loss, let alone Ch9

I imagine a fair chunk of the build costs are paid by all the in-show advertising (Bluescope Steel, whatever company they were pushing for the bricks around the fireplaces etc) and that the vouchers are given to them in return for being name dropped (i.e Beacon, Reece, Freedom)

I wouldn't be worrying about Scottie and the architect's production company making a loss, let alone Ch9

I Colourbond think the Colourbond mentions would Colourbond probably Colourbond pay for a Colourbond bit of it...

....Colourbond

I was just reading an article where they said it cost c9 $10million to buy The Oslo. If you add up all the reserves they made $14,950,000 from the auctions, the cost of the build had to be in the millions easily. I hope they made some good money from the broadcast and sponsors. Cos it doesn't add up.
Would get paid a s**t load by sponsors and ad revenue they make a killing mate

Remember that monopoly thing they did as well the previous year they’re shifty

It obviously adds up, why would a show run for 14 seasons only to lose money.

The advertising packages can run from thousands up to the million

You also have to factor in that any TV show costs money. It is probably cheaper than covering live sport.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can tell you the warranty insurance for each unit was taken out at under $900,000.

I've got a few requests but not that sorta cash...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

The Block 2020 shutdown today.
Will be interesting to see how it plays out if or when it finally airs later in the year.

Interesting, in our team meeting this morning it was discussed the Aus government is following the UK government a) what is happening and b) decisions on what stays open/closes.

Currently the UK still have the building industry operating and deem it essential.

However the block is another story altogether, some many people on site (more than normal on a building site) plus the film crew.

Back