FTA-TV The Block 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t believe anything you watch on this channel. Dummy bidders, a million above reserve, making up stories on ACA to cover their asses, anything for ratings, can’t wait for the real story to come out

Happy Jimmy and Tam got scammed, if that’s actually what happened, couldn’t have happened to less deserving winners

Poor Jimmy & Tam, their buyer was trying to scam the show

The house will now be resold now that the contract period is over and no deposit has been paid. This is nothing new in real estate. That woman (who brought the house) has now trashed her name all over Australia. It seems she has a history of scamming money out ppl.

Last edited:

Seems like the nutter did it for the ‘look at me’ moment. A con person would never go in front of million plus viewers and there was no way of scamming money. Just a glory hunter whack job. What a farce

Seems like the nutter did it for the ‘look at me’ moment. A con person would never go in front of million plus viewers and there was no way of scamming money. Just a glory hunter whack job. What a farce

Given the restrictions they had on bidders and people at the auction I am surprised they didn't do more background work before the auction

It will be interesting to see what they get for it now, some of the gloss has worn off now there is no big TV moment for anyone.

Furthermore, it appears Emese Fajk, 28, attempted to cheat one of Australia's most popular TV programs, presenting receipts of bank transfers indicating the money for the property had gone through.

Tam said: "She came to our house to watch the final episode with us, she cracked a bottle of wine out of the wine fridge.

"She actually cried with us when the result came over, it was like we knew her as a friend."

Maybe Danny Wallis will buy it now.

I like the spin Channel Nine are putting on this making themselves out to be the ones to catch a con artist and the ones who have uncovered all the lies.

They are only uncovering it now at the point where the money hasn't turned up. I doubt they were ever going to hand over the keys until they see the money.

Did she pay a deposit?

I thought as part of Auction conditions, at least here in SA, you must pay a deposit on the day. Generally 10%.

You are also bound by the Auction to purchase (with legal recourse if you cant/won't) and no cooling off period.

I have bought a house and sold two under auction. All three deposits transferred that day.

Are the auctions a sham? This sounds a bit like a normal sale fallen through at settlement.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I like the spin Channel Nine are putting on this making themselves out to be the ones to catch a con artist and the ones who have uncovered all the lies.

They are only uncovering it now at the point where the money hasn't turned up. I doubt they were ever going to hand over the keys until they see the money.

who would ever hand over the keys without the full amount being paid?

Did she pay a deposit?
According to the media articles, she provided false documents to show she had the money prior to the auction. That's why she was allowed to bid on it in the first place. Then she provided false documents that said the deposit had been paid, but they never got any money. Once the settlement period of 90 days was up, still no money. So back on the market. I don't know what this woman was hoping to achieve. She was never going to scam a free house off The Block. She sounds like a nutcase if the media reports are to be believed. Seems like she was just wanting the attention.

Last edited:
Filming has now started on the new series. It is a fan VS Favorites season with 2 known couples returning from what I can see. Might be a wild west theme with some Horses used in Promos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back