FTA-TV The Block 2020

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
How was Harry able to get on-site during the period the contestants were away.

It usca commercial worksite. Meaning everyone onsite has to he accounted for and checked in with the side office.

This is more important during COVID with additional controls.

I call BS on the line he snuck in. He was let in to add drama.

Otherwise they breached WorkSafe Vic code.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
How was Harry able to get on-site during the period the contestants were away.

It usca commercial worksite. Meaning everyone onsite has to he accounted for and checked in with the side office.

This is more important during COVID with additional controls.

I call BS on the line he snuck in. He was let in to add drama.

Otherwise they breached WorkSafe Vic code.

He could of easily gone in on a Sunday when no one was around, if he turned up during work hours he probably just signed in and went about what he wanted to do but your are probably right it could have easily been staged to create a story.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
He could of easily gone in on a Sunday when no one was around, if he turned up during work hours he probably just signed in and went about what he wanted to do but your are probably right it could have easily been staged to create a story.
So he broke in to a work site he was not cleared to enter?

And if he signed in it means he was allowed onsite.

Staged for drama. Like a lot of things on that show.

I still watch/enjoy it. But there are a lot staged errors on that show to slow teams down/create drama.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
So he broke in to a work site he was not cleared to enter?

And if he signed in it means he was allowed onsite.

Staged for drama. Like a lot of things on that show.

I still watch/enjoy it. But there are a lot staged errors on that show to slow teams down/create drama.

Its a non union worksite, so he only needed the permission from the block producers.
Agreed its al staged, but I guess that's what reality shows are all about.
I just take it with a grain of salt.

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why are Jimmy and Tam being favored by the judges? Their bathroom was ******* disgusting. The judges weren’t even that impressed, so how’d they get a 10 and 2 x 9.5s? I’d be losing my s**t if I was a contestant.

They also don’t have to continue the period theme anymore, so what’s the point of doing it in the first half of the house? I’m sure the real estate agents would have told the producers you wouldn’t sell these properties if you continue that theme.

Hamez

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Can someone tell me the role of a site foreman (Keith & Dan)? I don’t have any experience/knowledge in this area but I was under the impression that foreman should be signing/ticking off on jobs before they proceed to the next step. For example - how do they allow a wall to be put up on an angle and to be plastered/tiled before picking up on it. Another example was the waterproofing during the week. Shouldn’t the floor be signed off before that trade was allowed to start? I get that it’s probably for TV and they probably let things slide before raising it to create drama.

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Can someone tell me the role of a site foreman (Keith & Dan)? I don’t have any experience/knowledge in this area but I was under the impression that foreman should be signing/ticking off on jobs before they proceed to the next step. For example - how do they allow a wall to be put up on an angle and to be plastered/tiled before picking up on it. Another example was the waterproofing during the week. Shouldn’t the floor be signed off before that trade was allowed to start? I get that it’s probably for TV and they probably let things slide before raising it to create drama.

100% for drama.

In the real world, building surveyors sign off structural elements of a build. That wall was most likely non load bearing, so the not the surveyors responsibility but would then be up to a site foreman to pick that up. On the show it isn't Keith/Dan's role to do that, it will be the contestants.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
IIRC, house 4 got their floor waterproofed without getting one of the foremen to pass the bathroom first, so that's not K&D's fault, that's dodgy Luke at it again. I guess on a build this big the foremen need the contestants and builders to keep them informed of where they're at. If they don't, bad workmanship can get through, like with H1's bathroom wall. But it was Keith who discovered it and told Harry the bathroom won't pass and needs to be redone. I'd say that's an example of Keith doing his job right there. There's so much you don't see on this show so it's a bit rich to suggest K&D are not good at their jobs.

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn

That’s the sort of tradies you find on Hi-Pages. How hard is it to put up a prefab wall. Try using a laser numbnut.

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
IIRC, house 4 got their floor waterproofed without getting one of the foremen to pass the bathroom first, so that's not K&D's fault, that's dodgy Luke at it again. I guess on a build this big the foremen need the contestants and builders to keep them informed of where they're at. If they don't, bad workmanship can get through, like with H1's bathroom wall. But it was Keith who discovered it and told Harry the bathroom won't pass and needs to be redone. I'd say that's an example of Keith doing his job right there. There's so much you don't see on this show so it's a bit rich to suggest K&D are not good at their jobs.

no one is saying they are doing a bad job, but for the show it isn’t their role to ensure these things are right.

also bit harsh on Luke, just seemed he forgot to get it checked when he was off site picking up his materials

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
no one is saying they are doing a bad job, but for the show it isn’t their role to ensure these things are right.

also bit harsh on Luke, just seemed he forgot to get it checked when he was off site picking up his materials
It is their role, but they need ppl on-site to tell them when something needs inspecting. It was Luke's responsibility to do that, yet you defend him and pot K&D? I don't get that. They did come in and saw what a dodgy waterproofing job was done and acted. They did their jobs.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
It is their role, but they need ppl on-site to tell them when something needs inspecting. It was Luke's responsibility to do that, yet you defend him and pot K&D? I don't get that. They did come in and saw what a dodgy waterproofing job was done and acted. They did their jobs.
It's not Keith or Dan's job to inspect and pass waterproofing.
When it's inspected and not passed, Keith and Dan just come in for the TV visual dramas.

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!

Where did i pot Keith and Dan?

You are getting the real world construction confused with the block made for tv.

I never said it wasn't Luke's responsibility, but he just forgot. It's a bit harsh to call him dodgy, he was off site when they did the work and obviously forgot to ask Keith and Dan to check it out. There is no advantage for him to taking shortcuts with waterproofing.

Another plagiarism outrage coming up.

Bet anything Shayna and the other two judges have used other ideas as inspiration.

Old saying, copying from a single source is plagiarism, whi copying from multiple sources is research, it's exactly the same in design.
If it was the thing from yesterday nothing in it so what the bed was the same that’s it get over it

After this many seasons and things out there let’s be honest everything is copied in some shape or form

The add showed Shayna cracking it over the bed in the k kids room.

Needs more drama.
She seriously gives me the shits focuses on things that don’t matter

Yet things not being installed are fine

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Does look similar

20200929_200605.jpg

Back