FTA-TV The Block 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodgy house 4 at it again. They got 30 points for an unfinished bathroom and a bedroom that was a blatant rip off of someone else's design. Any wonder Shaynna ripped into them tonight, the judges must feel like they got egg on their faces after they found out all this. There has been some copying of designs in the past, IIRC, but I think this one was probably the most blatant.

I wasn't loving that Christian Cole bench to be honest, or the stone one in house 3. I do think H5 with all those Gaggenau appliances is going to be the best.

Dodgy house 4 at it again. They got 30 points for an unfinished bathroom and a bedroom that was a blatant rip off of someone else's design. Any wonder Shaynna ripped into them tonight, the judges must feel like they got egg on their faces after they found out all this. There has been some copying of designs in the past, IIRC, but I think this one was probably the most blatant.

I wasn't loving that Christian Cole bench to be honest, or the stone one in house 3. I do think H5 with all those Gaggenau appliances is going to be the best.

The two rooms were so similar it was hard to tell the different. She seemed a bit uncomfortable when talking about the other rooms. I wonder if she has done the same or was at least planning something similar in the other rooms using different designers.

They all cheat in different ways but really they should be made to give the money back for such a blatant copy.

All they had to do was pick a different wallpaper, carpet color, and do something other than the Aztec stuff and no one probably would've noticed. I think it's OK to use another design as an inspiration, but don't just copy it. At least, not on a national TV show, as Shaynna said.

It was definitely very similar and only a few slight differences but the fact Luke actually made the bed and they did a lot of work themselves I don't mind. A lot of the time its just generic wardrobes by kingsman and a bed. Contestants don't actually do a lot so it was a nice change I thought. House 5 is the most over rated. Horrible bathrooms that do not suite the area at all. And from walking past the ugliest from the outside. Hoping they change the fence as they are no good.
I dare say as others have pointed out that most of this is just created by producers for TV. Certainly Harry 'sneaking' back on site was one of them. During the shut down there is no chance anyone was getting back on site.

Also heard a rumor that next season they have bought houses in Hampton to do up.

It was definitely very similar and only a few slight differences but the fact Luke actually made the bed and they did a lot of work themselves I don't mind. A lot of the time its just generic wardrobes by kingsman and a bed. Contestants don't actually do a lot so it was a nice change I thought. House 5 is the most over rated. Horrible bathrooms that do not suite the area at all. And from walking past the ugliest from the outside. Hoping they change the fence as they are no good.
I dare say as others have pointed out that most of this is just created by producers for TV. Certainly Harry 'sneaking' back on site was one of them. During the shut down there is no chance anyone was getting back on site.

Also heard a rumor that next season they have bought houses in Hampton to do up.
The format will also have to change as its in a cul de sac so size will dictate the large rear extensions, deliveries, ammount of trades etc.

I know these homes are for the rich and they probably have butler's but I want a kitchen that serves me best every day, not just when entertaining. The placement of the oven and a double sink in the main area is key.

Not some shelving or oven placement in the butler's pantry.

'wow a whiskey cupboard'......its a cupboard they out whiskey in......just a cupboard (that kids can get to by the way)

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I thought the Kitchens were all good but pretty generic. House 5 I didn't really like but at least they tried something different with the mint green colours. I couldn't believe the judges liked the butlers pantry though. It looks tiny and not sure the ovens would be easy to open. With Kingsman doing all the kitchens they are never going to say a bad word about them and will knit pick on little things like power points.
Only watching Sunday nights as the weekly episodes aren't really worth it. Really over the pretend drama of it all. Luke copping it for copying other rooms when I felt like actually building the bed and ladder was a good effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those costs for the kitchens was absolute bull dust. I am currently in the process of replacing my kitchen and there is no way that those kitchens only cost 20K.
Plus I work for a company that sells kitchen appliances, so I know exactly how much thise appliances cost, and the true cost would more likely be double.

Kitchens were really nice without being anything special.
If I had to pick one (excluding appliances) I'd pick Harry and Tash, and wasn't to keen on George and Sarah's, actually didn't like it at all.

Farmer Daniel is giving me the shits. Always sooking about something, and even with the curved island bench, Luke's mimicked his own curved kitchen wall, so no idea why Daniel was complaining about being copied, especially when no other walnut was used anywhere.

Last edited:
Those costs for the kitchens was absolute bull dust. I am currently in the process of replacing my kitchen and there is no way that those kitchens only cost 20K.
Plus I work for a company that sells kitchen appliances, so I know exactly how much thise appliances cost, and the true cost would more likely be double.
Christian Cole probably charged 18k for his bench, that's how good he is.

appliances and the kitchens where from sponsors money. Not out of cash budget $16-$24k was for labour - plumbing & sparkies. Plasterers labour and material etc.

appliances and the kitchens where from sponsors money. Not out of cash budget $16-$24k was for labour - plumbing & sparkies. Plasterers labour and material etc.
Ah ok, I missed that detail. So in reality you could probably add 30-40 thousand to each of the costs of those kitchens.

Keith and particularly Dan obviously decided early on they'd go after Harry - pick on the guy who isn't a tradie as usual. The constant badgering that he's behind and won't finish, when they have finished every time and done well in scores is beyond old.

I liked all the kitchens myself. I noticed they slipped in that house 4's kitchen was a complete copy of a Pinterest post, so it just goes to show Jasmine has no design ability for herself, just copies other ppl's designs. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Harry & Tash, a very well designed and thought out kitchen.

I have already seen in the promos that one house gets canned by the judges for leaving something out, so I'm guessing that'll be H5 for not putting in a dining area. I do think they're making a mistake there, just like they did with their WIR/ensuite in the master bedroom. They really need to run ideas like this past their real estate agent first. I'm sure the kind of ppl who could afford theses houses would be the type to have dinner parties, so a good dining area is important. The fact Tam said they can just eat outside showed the Qlder's total lack of understanding of the Melb climate.

Last edited:
I thought the Kitchens were all good but pretty generic. House 5 I didn't really like but at least they tried something different with the mint green colours. I couldn't believe the judges liked the butlers pantry though. It looks tiny and not sure the ovens would be easy to open. With Kingsman doing all the kitchens they are never going to say a bad word about them and will knit pick on little things like power points.
Only watching Sunday nights as the weekly episodes aren't really worth it. Really over the pretend drama of it all. Luke copping it for copying other rooms when I felt like actually building the bed and ladder was a good effort.

Green cabinetry (looked better when finished than i thought) with those brass handles - :sick:

The two rooms were so similar it was hard to tell the different. She seemed a bit uncomfortable when talking about the other rooms. I wonder if she has done the same or was at least planning something similar in the other rooms using different designers.

They all cheat in different ways but really they should be made to give the money back for such a blatant copy.
The kitchen is straight from another design, either pintrist or Instagram. Seems like that's her go. Which is normally fine, I mean s**t we are currently looking at floor plans for our next place and Will copying rooms and things we like, but we aren't on national TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back