FTA-TV The Block 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Jimmy and tam salty they were no longer on top of the overall leaderboard

Happy George and Sarah won. The narrative of the week gave it away.

How can Harry and Tash finish second with such poor painting? One door had undercoat only.

Daniel and Jade should have finished second. But irrelevant as they are now top if the leader board and have the best layout for that top area. George and Sarah a good layout too. It is the "kids zone".

Jimmy and Tam did the best in the heavily themed areas. I reckon because of her love if the 50s. But the modern part been struggling, the design of their modern part looks quite tight compared to the rest.

I reckon they will struggle with funds near the end. The narrative is being set up to see them spend up the next two weeks to impress the judges.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's happened many times on this show that one couple jumps out of the block early and gets a few wins, but everyone usually catches up at some point as they grow to understand what they need to do to get wins from the judges.

I do think some of the rooms J&T has done have been fantastic, and I think it has to do with Tam's natural abilities in design, but they have also shown rookie errors from their overall lack of experience too. That's what I find interesting about them.

I also think Tash has a natural ability too, and while her approach is a bit more conventional (Compared to Tam), she shows good taste.

Definitely, they were not happy at all.

--

If I had the orange lever available to me I'd be using it this week.

I'd pull the lever sunday night.......they are all getting the contestants back from last year to help this week.

Jimmy and Tam 'media room' looked like someone chucked a TV and lounge in to whatever space was laying around. Shocking. Can't see it being used practically. Looked nice but not practical in the space. It should have been a home office, would have been perfect.

I wouldn't give him the credit of being a builder, he installs flooring which makes the issue of the squeaky floor even more dumbfounding.

Haha did laugh at the squeaky floor issues when it's supposedly what Luke does for work.

Makes you think it was a staged storyline by the producers.

A lot of what happens time wise sometimes doesn't add up.

I said to my wife on Monday night I bet Sarah and George would win this week. Not saying they didn't deserve it but the editing gave it away.

Daniel and Jade added some value to their house with that storage.

Yeah the storyline all week made it obvious that SnG would get the win this week.

Dirty H and Tash are the most entertaining contestants.

Happy Sarah & George finally won tonight, they deserved it. I have never known a Block where every week the couples get such high scores for their rooms.

The high scores are bullshit this year. Daniel and Jade getting 9.5’s for a grey dull bedroom and a storage room that should have been plastered. Give me a spell.

The high scores are bullshit this year. Daniel and Jade getting 9.5’s for a grey dull bedroom and a storage room that should have been plastered. Give me a spell.

I agree for future seasons they need to reset the scoring. Nines and Tens should only be for close to perfect rooms. A score of seven or eight shouldn't be seen as a bad score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree for future seasons they need to reset the scoring. Nines and Tens should only be for close to perfect rooms. A score of seven or eight shouldn't be seen as a bad score.
Almost like a 5 4 3 2 1 would be better. I mean when they're doing things like 8.5 anyway what's the point?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

9.5 for rough paintwork, and only undercoat on a door.....

They put more emphasis on cushions than the quality of the finish.

Don't forget the lamps, to highlight the I paintwork.

The judging is the worst part of this show.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The judging is to heavily weighted on styling. So boring.
Anyone who's ever bought property buy it on the style of the structure, quality of build/reno, location etc... fluffy pillows do add a visual, but most people look past that when parting with hard earned.

Down side is ratings are huge, smashed the Brownlow last night, so Juluan Cress, Scotty and nine wont be changing to much.

Down side is ratings are huge, smashed the Brownlow last night, so Juluan Cress, Scotty and nine wont be changing to much.
Yep, as long as the show is rating well they won't change the judges or the other regular cast unless one of them leaves. It's usually when the ratings are low they bring in those kinds of changes, a sign the show is about to end. Take House Rules for example. I don't agree though that the judges just go on about design and cushions, they do look at the function/structure of the room too. I have heard them say many times when they think the function of the room doesn't work due to poor layout etc.

Yep, as long as the show is rating well they won't change the judges or the other regular cast unless one of them leaves. It's usually when the ratings are low they bring in those kinds of changes, a sign the show is about to end. Take House Rules for example. I don't agree though that the judges just go on about design and cushions, they do look at the function/structure of the room too. I have heard them say many times when they think the function of the room doesn't work due to poor layout etc.

I am glad it is rating well, there has been less drama this year which has been good, also less storylines about running out of money.

It's happened many times on this show that one couple jumps out of the block early and gets a few wins, but everyone usually catches up at some point as they grow to understand what they need to do to get wins from the judges.

I do think some of the rooms J&T has done have been fantastic, and I think it has to do with Tam's natural abilities in design, but they have also shown rookie errors from their overall lack of experience too. That's what I find interesting about them.

I also think Tash has a natural ability too, and while her approach is a bit more conventional (Compared to Tam), she shows good taste.

Tams natural ability for design? She pulls beers for a living ffs. Everything the contestants design is straight off Google, Pinterest or Instagram.

Their first bathroom win with the green tiles and green basin belongs in the 1920s, the other bathroom that’s orange is horrible, their living room was a big failure and their master bedroom with a beige floor to ceiling brick fireplace is horrible.

Don’t get me started on having to walk through the ensuite to get to the walk in wardrobe.

They have no idea.

Anyone know when tonight's episode was filmed? May? I was surprised they had all the all-stars there in Victoria.

would of been late May, early June. We had a period of under 5 cases per day for 3 days. Before the cases skyrocketed. We got oh so close to being back to covid normal

Can someone summarise what went wrong with Luke’s stairs? I wasn’t paying attention but he looked pissed off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back