FTA-TV The Block 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon that Danny guy saw fair value at $4.2m. Cashed up and can ride out the COVID dip on Capital values. Meanwhile his ROI is quite good at what he paid.

He pretty much said that during the bidding against the blonde chick. Bid at $4.2xx "It's cheap". Also think he gave up bidding on that house to let her have it knowing he could buy the rest. Or went past his Fair Value point.

Also think he dislikes the buyers advocates. Their clients hoping to cash in on the COVID dip.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wasn't his money. Question is who?

Chinese bidders? Gotta be someone on all 3 or people connected. That's alot of money

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
He basically buys at least one of them every year and also donates cash to hospitals he’s cashed up

Has come out saying he’s donating the house done up by Daniel and jade To the my room children’s cancer charity

Also donated 200k on the Sunday footy show to the same organisation few weeks back

Anyone else thinks Channel 9 asked this buyer to bump up the prices and they’ll reimburse him so they all walk away with a tidy profit?

Why would he pay so much for each house when he doesn’t have to? Would love to see who the new owners are for the houses he bought? Is he a buyers advocate or didn’t he buy for himself? There was hardly any buyers for each property. Obviously they weren’t as popular as the producers thought they would be. $4 million is way overpriced. And where’d this buyer come from for Jimmy and Tam? We hear from Jimmy that a young buyer is interested then suddenly this 20 year old with all this money is willing to pay a million over the reserve? The whole show is bullshit.

Harry seemed pretty seedy all through the auctions. He did hug George after his auction but didn't seem to be too interested in the results of the others.

Also, I laughed after Scotty went into how they were following Govt guidelines on social distancing etc, then all the contestants and Shelley are arm in arm without masks for most of the show.

I was surprised to see Jimmy and Tam's go for so much, purely because of the less m2 but i think the "corner block" helped.

I think Harry and Tash's place would of been the place to buy, if it had of gone second they would of won. IMO.

Anyone else thinks Channel 9 asked this buyer to bump up the prices and they’ll reimburse him so they all walk away with a tidy profit?

Why would he pay so much for each house when he doesn’t have to? Would love to see who the new owners are for the houses he bought? Is he a buyers advocate or didn’t he buy for himself? There was hardly any buyers for each property. Obviously they weren’t as popular as the producers thought they would be. $4 million is way overpriced. And where’d this buyer come from for Jimmy and Tam? We hear from Jimmy that a young buyer is interested then suddenly this 20 year old with all this money is willing to pay a million over the reserve? The whole show is bullshit.
He sold his company two months ago for $126m. He is not short on cash. And he is donating one to charity.

He sold his company two months ago for $126m. He is not short on cash. And he is donating one to charity.
And he will make money anyway.

Is he donating the asset or just use of it.

He bought one of the 2012 properties and donated the use of it.

Seems a good guy.

There was zero interest in the houses. They didn’t want another Darren Jolly episode so they were all guaranteed half a mil each. Keeps interest in the show and viewers happy.

A block fangirl that inspected the house once payed a mill over reserve. Yeah right.

I'm happy J&T won. Especially after all the sh*t they copped in this thread for no reason other than being good at it. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

geeeez talk about being over invested in a TV show.

Most people didn't like their style, but they didn't dislike the J&T

geeeez talk about being over invested in a TV show.

Most people didn't like their style, but they didn't dislike the J&T

Exactly I think all the couple were likeable enough. Be interesting to find out who she is that bought the place. While I thought there place was as ugly as hell, it was very niche and they found a buyer so good on them.

I think all couples deserved the money for what they went through this year with the show, and I suspect that there must have been some agreement that they would make money to get them to come back. The reserves while they seem very high actually aren't that high for the area. And even during the pandemic Brighton has still sold relatively well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry seemed pretty seedy all through the auctions. He did hug George after his auction but didn't seem to be too interested in the results of the others.

Also, I laughed after Scotty went into how they were following Govt guidelines on social distancing etc, then all the contestants and Shelley are arm in arm without masks for most of the show.
Saw an Instagram story last night after the finale aired of people involved on the show celebrating in one of the houses.

Saw an Instagram story last night after the finale aired of people involved on the show celebrating in one of the houses.
We watched it again tonight, and I take back what I said. He wasn't really seedy, he seemed pleased for everyone and very happy with his result. They didn't really show him too much during the show, which gave me the wrong impression. I am sure they were all very happy to party on after what they all won.

They have in past years withheld The Block auction results from publication until after the show has aired. So I suspect it would be the same this year.

realestate.com.au will have the price history of past series and this series eventually. Great site to look at price history of different properties.

Story on ACA about The Block tonight.

Apparently issues surrounding prize/money auctions.

Mrs saw something on The Block's Insta page.

Saw the promo on facebook, calling BS and it will be some kind of publicity stunt.

Story on ACA about The Block tonight.

Apparently issues surrounding prize/money auctions.

Mrs saw something on The Block's Insta page.
ACA a C9 flagship show, won't be going negative about The Block. Another C9 flagship show.

Basically click bait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back