FTA-TV The Block 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey I just thought of a semi interesting idea for a Block show...

Like a... revisit? Any home owners willing to go on it, it's be interesting to see how the houses from the past series are doing/what they look like, at the present time compared to the original product.

Like a... revisit? Any home owners willing to go on it, it's be interesting to see how the houses from the past series are doing/what they look like, at the present time compared to the original product.

Get ACA on to it

*Dont a separate crew go through the houses afterwards and do another re-paint, touch ups etc anyway?

I have seen workers on site nearly everyday since filming has finished. Only the last couple of weeks has it slowed down a bit. Also Houses have had regular cleaning people through and also gardening maintenance.

Previous seasons I have always commented on on how they treat rooms they have already presented. The father daughter couple last year were terrible at it too. Not sure why its only the twins that get pulled up on stuff. I feel it is very scripted with the twin being the bad guys, and as they are really only there for screen time would've happily signed up for it and won't mind copping it a bit.

I thought the comments on Josh and Luke were extremely harsh last night - I think they were marked down because their loungeroom, which wasn't being judged, looked like a tip which just put the judges in a shitty mood. An 8 out of 30, I'd expect one of their judging rooms to be missing a wall, another one to be missing paint, and another one to be missing a roof.

They’ve done that on shows like Flip or Flop

I thought the comments on Josh and Luke were extremely harsh last night - I think they were marked down because their loungeroom, which wasn't being judged, looked like a tip which just put the judges in a shitty mood. An 8 out of 30, I'd expect one of their judging rooms to be missing a wall, another one to be missing paint, and another one to be missing a roof.

damned if you do, damned if you don’t. People have been complaining about contestants getting no lower than 6.5s all season.

fwiw, biggest issue in their 4th bedroom/study was always the unnecessary ensuite…

damned if you do, damned if you don’t. People have been complaining about contestants getting no lower than 6.5s all season.

fwiw, biggest issue in their 4th bedroom/study was always the unnecessary ensuite…
Was funny when they said they were gonna have an opening inward shower door and Scotty said no lol

You get on the show, focus, bust your balls for 12 weeks then it’s over to reap the benefits. The twins and Cheeto can’t understand this. If you don’t want to do it again say no and move on. If you work in a job that doesn’t require physical exertion, don’t complain that it’s too hard. If your already physically fit then it shouldn’t be a problem. Don’t blame other trades or suppliers for your unwillingness to put in. That should be on the opening page of the sign up.

Most of the contestants put in but there’s always 1 couple maybe every second season that think it’s a holiday. This year we have 2.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was funny when they said they were gonna have an opening inward shower door and Scotty said no lol

Wasn't something I was aware of... wife & I were both like "Ooh... that makes sense!"

You get on the show, focus, bust your balls for 12 weeks then it’s over to reap the benefits. The twins and Cheeto can’t understand this. If you don’t want to do it again say no and move on. If you work in a job that doesn’t require physical exertion, don’t complain that it’s too hard. If your already physically fit then it shouldn’t be a problem. Don’t blame other trades or suppliers for your unwillingness to put in. That should be on the opening page of the sign up.

Most of the contestants put in but there’s always 1 couple maybe every second season that think it’s a holiday. This year we have 2.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hate to:
(a) push a narrative that is thrust down your throat the whole show; or
(b) make believe that the editing is such that it reflects "reality" BUT its pretty clear that the faves and the bumpkins are always labouring to support their trades and painting - that is why they complete their spaces

I hate to:
(a) push a narrative that is thrust down your throat the whole show; or
(b) make believe that the editing is such that it reflects "reality" BUT its pretty clear that the faves and the bumpkins are always labouring to support their trades and painting - that is why they complete their spaces
Dan thought Jessie was a labourer early on. Said he was the “ideal contestant” because he wouldn’t stop working.

Do they need to have a screen at all? Just turn a powder/ensuite into a wet room

looked like there was around 15cm clearance from the shower to the door. You’d be dealing with wet or mouldy carpet pretty quickly.

on another note, was there a window in the room?

I think it shows that when the twins moved the master suite to where the two-car garage was meant to be, they really didn't plan it out properly at all. The extra room and ensuite were given no thought whatsoever other than a "she'll be right" attitude to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back