Who will win The Block 2022

• H3: Sharon & Ankur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H4: Dylan & Jenny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

yes, there are people willing to pay $5m......why would you offer $4.1m when you can offer way overs at $5m....🤣🤣

“You go into these things knowing that potentially this could be an outcome for so many of us, but no one could have imagined what happened and it’s a bad taste for everyone who’s worked so hard.”

What does that even mean? You went into the show knowing there was a chance you could make no money, but how did it actually happen?

Stupid bint.

The Block's Tom and Sarah-Jane are forced to sell their CAR after falling significantly short of their auction target: 'We spent our savings to be here'The Block's Tom and Sarah-Jane forced to sell car after auction drama

Boo fooking Hoo.

Sad Baby GIF by Bounce

I know it's been discussed that they need to change the judges for a fresh look.

Is there a discussion around the version of judging based on current trends, or judging based on what will actually sell to the typical buyer?

I suppose it's tough to ascertain the demographic but I think perhaps some of the styling choices in this years block were a little OTT based on the likely buyer - were the buyers of these properties (assume they're occupiers, not investors) likely to be affluent people normally residing in Brighton that appreciate some of this 'glamorous' styling?

I know it's been discussed that they need to change the judges for a fresh look.

Is there a discussion around the version of judging based on current trends, or judging based on what will actually sell to the typical buyer?

I suppose it's tough to ascertain the demographic but I think perhaps some of the styling choices in this years block were a little OTT based on the likely buyer - were the buyers of these properties (assume they're occupiers, not investors) likely to be affluent people normally residing in Brighton that appreciate some of this 'glamorous' styling?

I’d also add that they need to bring in different judges for landscape week.

Landscaping needs judges who know what they are talking about and can actually critique the choices. Because some of the plantings have been totally inappropriate and will create dramas for the owners in the future. But we get Shayna saying “oooh that’s pretty.”

I’d also add that they need to bring in different judges for landscape week.

Landscaping needs judges who know what they are talking about and can actually critique the choices. Because some of the plantings have been totally inappropriate and will create dramas for the owners in the future. But we get Shayna saying “oooh that’s pretty.”

Good point - that could add a completely different dynamic to it.

I appreciated way back when John McGrath was a judge because he's a real estate agent with some sort of connection to understanding what will or wont sell, which is the point of the competition. Not "oh look, you've figured out that deep green couches are a thing at the moment!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree that it would probably help to change up the judges. I liked the twins when they came into judge for a week.
Maybe they need a mix of say one styling sort of judge, one realestate qualified judge and a builder judge. At the moment like has been mentioned we kind of have three judges that are pretty similar.

Loved the week the twins were on. Really gave it some spark from the pretentious crap we usually get.

Also there needs to be a real estate agent as a judge.... the shows about selling the things at the end. But instead they just reward the couple that copies pinterest the best.

Back