• H3 Kristy & Brett

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H5 Eliza & Liberty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on, that rock wall was a winner. ;):D:D
And that useless stage in the girl's bedroom.

And crappy waved ceiling in the master.

Oh it's all just brilliant that house 🤣

I do feel bad for them, because when you look at those bedrooms? They built that house for Danny/the charities that Danny donates to. They actually thought of the photos and the memories that MyRoom kids would be able to take in those rooms. Which is arguably the smartest tactic anyone has taken into the block. Then their agent botched it.

I really liked that they swung hard as well, I'm not going to be critical of all the beige, standard family homes and then be critical of a couple who kind of pushed the limits a little further. (Still think they should've sacrificed a bedroom for a gym + steam room.)

I do feel bad for them, because when you look at those bedrooms? They built that house for Danny/the charities that Danny donates to. They actually thought of the photos and the memories that MyRoom kids would be able to take in those rooms. Which is arguably the smartest tactic anyone has taken into the block. Then their agent botched it.

I really liked that they swung hard as well, I'm not going to be critical of all the beige, standard family homes and then be critical of a couple who kind of pushed the limits a little further. (Still think they should've sacrificed a bedroom for a gym + steam room.)
Agent botched it how?

Did I hear them say it was their dream house??

If so that's one of the most rookie stupid mistakes you can ever make when building a house to be sold. Just idiotic

They dumb .
Build the house to their styles...
= no sell..
Judges liked their house too.
Tells you something.

eaa088ce5de086d85c941a476bd5c35b

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Met one of the original plasterers from the block.
He explained the show and all the pulling down and re plastering and all the trades etc.
50 tradees per house.
He said there nothing on the show that's unplanned and no such thing as surprises.
Tradees embarrassed waiting every day for filming to finish and having to start work.
Also mass turnover of older tradesmen only lasting a couple of days before leaving.

I started watching the Oslo series last week, I've never seen it.

It's wild how different this show was just 4-5 years ago, where all the drama is focussed on the construction, so it all seems genuine.

If you watched this version of the Block compared to the manufactured drama and constant non-construction related bullshit that we saw this year I'm not sure you'd ever watch the current version of the show. I'm about 12 eps in and there's only been one challenge, and even that was trying to guess the value of houses, so it was entirely relevant, not like stupid paddling challenges.

I started watching the Oslo series last week, I've never seen it.

It's wild how different this show was just 4-5 years ago, where all the drama is focussed on the construction, so it all seems genuine.

If you watched this version of the Block compared to the manufactured drama and constant non-construction related bullshit that we saw this year I'm not sure you'd ever watch the current version of the show. I'm about 12 eps in and there's only been one challenge, and even that was trying to guess the value of houses, so it was entirely relevant, not like stupid paddling challenges.

Absolutely abysmal was 2023 compared to previous years and if there isn’t a dramatic improvement 2024 could be the last.

There's no doubt the show has gone for a more reality TV drama-type thing in the last few years, and the building side of it has become secondary. This would be especially obvious if you watch some past seasons. But I do think this is a reflection on the change of viewing habits in general with shows like MAFs, etc., pulling a big audience. So, I can understand why the producers of The Block have gone in that direction. Still, I do think this year it went a bit too far, and hopefully, they'll learn from the audience backlash they got and pull it back a bit next year.

Looks like H2 is still struggling to sell. Difficult now that it's out of the bubble and real market forces are at play. They would ha e low.ball offers coming in now that it hasn't sold.

Probably not going to sell above the reserve now.

I spoke too soon about the Oslo series' drama being based around actual renovating - this is just as rubbish as this year's series.

How were these people perceived at the time? Were Mitch and Marsh viewed as whiney bitches after the pool was voted down? Was Jesse viewed as an annoying flog, or liked as someone who works really hard?

I'm not sure I'll make it to the end of the series.

Back