Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H3 Kristy & Brett

• H5 Eliza & Liberty

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like H2 is still struggling to sell. Difficult now that it's out of the bubble and real market forces are at play. They would ha e low.ball offers coming in now that it hasn't sold.

Probably not going to sell above the reserve now.
Yep, the longer it goes the worse it it for them.

They are lucky to be walking away with that car, as H4 really should have won that too.

There's no doubt the show has gone for a more reality TV drama-type thing in the last few years, and the building side of it has become secondary. This would be especially obvious if you watch some past seasons. But I do think this is a reflection on the change of viewing habits in general with shows like MAFs, etc., pulling a big audience. So, I can understand why the producers of The Block have gone in that direction. Still, I do think this year it went a bit too far, and hopefully, they'll learn from the audience backlash they got and pull it back a bit next year.
I reckon they will 100% not go down the "bullying, really nasty" route next season. They just cant get away with that anymore.

The change of scenery will add to the series too, I'm already looking forward to it.
And of course posting in this thread.

Looks like H2 is still struggling to sell. Difficult now that it's out of the bubble and real market forces are at play. They would ha e low.ball offers coming in now that it hasn't sold.

Probably not going to sell above the reserve now.

House 3 should probably sent their auctioneer a thank you note, for not passing it in before it hit reserve. Otherwise they’d probably be in the same position.

House 3 should probably sent their auctioneer a thank you note, for not passing it in before it hit reserve. Otherwise they’d probably be in the same position.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't... based on the previous years results with Tom and SJ, it's easy to see why they did what they did.

Lesson learned though, wowing the judges with controversial styling designs to win points from judges does not translate to sale price.

While its fairly diluted by LMCT+, H4 was (I'd say) clearly the best example of a plan with execution. That house flowed with its theme incredibly well by comparison to others, and rightfully was the house with the most interest and eventual winner.

If I lived in the area I'd consider taking it, but it wouldn't make sense for me to live around there, so therefore I take the money, clear my own mortgage and put a shitload of money in the bank to invest etc.
Yep I'd do exactly the same

You'd take the $2.5m every day of the week - a house in Hampton without solar, and with only a tiny plunge pool isn't even worth $2.5m to me, cos it'd cost more money that I don't have to re-renovate the kids rooms, get a better pool, and install solar.

But that's all without considering the fact that these places almost become the ultimate mcmansions, which are gross, don't use their land at all well, and that I want no part of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd take the $2.5m every day of the week - a house in Hampton without solar, and with only a tiny plunge pool isn't even worth $2.5m to me, cos it'd cost more money that I don't have to re-renovate the kids rooms, get a better pool, and install solar.

But that's all without considering the fact that these places almost become the ultimate mcmansions, which are gross, don't use their land at all well, and that I want no part of.
The house already has solar?

Solar would only cost $5-$6K to install anyway.

The house already has solar?

Solar would only cost $5-$6K to install anyway.

Weren't Steph and Giann the only ones who included solar? We spoke about it at the time that the expectation would be that $3m would have them, and they didn't.

Some dumb bogan won the house/money. Thought she was getting prank called and kept hanging up on Adrian. Tried ringing her on two phones and two numbers about 100 times on air. They have to wait 3 months for a draw if she doesn’t collect. Idiot.
There really needs to be something in the fine print you cant raffle the house off. It just creates stupid dumb bidding. These houses were all way over, should have all sold around the $2m mark

There really needs to be something in the fine print you cant raffle the house off.
That would be illegal. Once someone buys a house, they can do whatever they like with it. It's their house.

And when you say these houses were overvalued, that might be true if you're looking at it purely from a market POV, but you're ignoring The Block factor that these houses have been promoted on primetime TV for 14 weeks, and that adds to the value too.

Last edited:
Would be fun to watch Cyrell on The Block.

“Hey Scotty, you ain’t no king dingaling”

“Don’t swear in front of the gyprock”

Pouring paint over someone’s head.
Yeah Cyclone Cryrell and her psycho brother.

Or the mum if we're going more for the comedy angle

Yep I'd do exactly the same
I'd take the money as well to be honest. If I lives in Melbourne I guess I would at least consider the house, however being from Adelaide it wouldn't make much sense.

Take rhe cash, clear the mortgage here, invest the rest.

Back