Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazzmand Show

Debutant
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why was nothing made of Williams comments?

Pretty disrespectful and inflammatory imo. The bloke has absolutely nol grace whatsoever and neither did his old man.

"We've won seven Showdowns in a row against the Crows but I still look around and see too many kids wearing Crows jumpers for my liking,” he said.

“It's time [for the kids] to start to look around and decide which team is going up and which team is going down."....

Righto mate, kick us when we are down. Where has your team been the past two years?

Re: Why was nothing made of Williams comments?

good on him.

I like that he's prepared to twist the knife, no point keeping score if you one cares whether you win or lose.

remember how often people used to say how classless the aussie cricket team was? I prefered that to 0-6.

Pretty disrespectful and inflammatory imo. The bloke has absolutely nol grace whatsoever and neither did his old man.

"We've won seven Showdowns in a row against the Crows but I still look around and see too many kids wearing Crows jumpers for my liking,” he said.

“It's time [for the kids] to start to look around and decide which team is going up and which team is going down."....

Righto mate, kick us when we are down. Where has your team been the past two years?

He's a bit of a tosser, has been for years; if he was serious about attracting new supporters to the Power, he'd quit.

good on him.

I like that he's prepared to twist the knife, no point keeping score if you one cares whether you win or lose.

remember how often people used to say how classless the aussie cricket team was? I prefered that to 0-6.

Mate Port have been woeful the past two years and yet he suddenly thinks they are a force again? One thing you have to love about Port and there philosophy over the years is that they love making alot of noise but often end up falling flat on their face and embarrassing themselves further.

Same place yours has. Watching the GF on TV. ;)

Enjoy your mid table finish with rejects such as Schulz and CLoke clogging the list at the end of the year.

I have no real issues with his comments

all Williams is saying is that he feels that when kids are old enough to chose a team that they chose the team that is winning more regularly at that point in time

winning = more supporters = more members

no big deal

I have no real issues with his comments

all Williams is saying is that he feels that when kids are old enough to chose a team that they chose the team that is winning more regularly at that point in time

winning = more supporters = more members

no big deal

Ridiculous. Why was Williams a port man? Because his parents were. There getting bloody desperate down their now....

Enjoy your mid table finish with rejects such as Schulz and CLoke clogging the list at the end of the year.
Schulz and Cloke (rookie list) are fine. Keeping Tredrea and co on the list or not will be the main question at the end of the year.

Mate Port have been woeful the past two years and yet he suddenly thinks they are a force again? One thing you have to love about Port and there philosophy over the years is that they love making alot of noise but often end up falling flat on their face and embarrassing themselves further.

winners are grinners....

Cmon. The Adel v Port niggle is fantastic. Good fun and good for football in the state. Great to see (one of) the coaches get on board. Should be more of it.

Meh. Nothing wrong with what he's said at all.

It's always going to be difficult for them to really establish themselves. Most kids end up following the team their parents do, so the dominance in the fanbase tends to extend.

No kid of mine is going to be following Port Adelaide or Man Utd.

He's a bit of a tosser, has been for years; if he was serious about attracting new supporters to the Power, he'd quit.

This :thumbsu:

If the comments are correct then I don't know where he gets the "seven showdowns in a row" figure from :confused:

And saying that he sees too many kids running around in Crows guernseys pretty much highlights Port's problems and our success in terms of membership and support, so I don't know why we should worry too much about what he said there :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous. Why was Williams a port man? Because his parents were. There getting bloody desperate down their now....

mate honestly

1, surely we need to be more thicked skinned then to worry about Chocco's comments

2. we have bigger issues at our footy club

3. if we keep having 0-6 starts to the season I dont expect to convince too many new young supporters to follow us

Really? How? You do realise your coach constantly takes underhanded digs at us by still referring to us as Port Power while Trigg refers to us as The Dark Side. What's wrong with him saying that he doesn't see enough kids wearing Port guernseys?

Toughen up.

Unless he/she wants to sleep in the cupboard!

Well, yeah.

Although, there's also the rather interesting issue of finding someone of the opposite sex to breed with.

Really? How? You do realise your coach constantly takes underhanded digs at us by still referring to us as Port Power while Trigg refers to us as The Dark Side. What's wrong with him saying that he doesn't see enough kids wearing Port guernseys?

Toughen up.
Don't see much wrong with this. What would you like him to call you?

The guys a clown; but I dont see anything at all wrong with his comments. Nothing wrong with having a little shot at the expense of the rivals down the road. Lets face it, Port Power faces its fair share of issues surrounding image, marketing etc. His comments were nothing more than a little bit of "Hey, we beat these guys! Come support us instead"" and I dont see anything wrong with that.

At the end of the day his team won and ours didn't. Let them worry about getting more supporters and us worry about actually winning a game.

Meh. When you win you can say anything you like.

I'd be more worried if I was the Port media manager because Williams seems to feel the need to spend his time in the spotlight talking about us. :cool:

It's a dig at you to call you your name??

;)

"We're the POWER from Port......."

Is that how it goes? I wouldn't know. I put my iPod in at the end of the game. :p

PORT AREN'T THE ****ING MAGPIES.

Let go!

What do you expect from Williams? Could give a flying **** what that toss pot says about our or any club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back