News The Blueprint

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping for a bit more meat this week, but I guess we can't expect Rogers to let on too many trade secrets.
Seems as though he's also pretty excited for Luke Mitchell and only time will show this to be the case.

Rogers could do better in getting to know his players in a bit more detail.
Got some ages wrong, some pick details wrong, a VFL scores wrong and did he say Gartlett? :eek:

Yes he said Gartlett Harks. :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need for speed...interesting and sensible but for mine if there is one thing you really need to succeed in modern football it is foot skills. Hawthorn have shown how hard it is to beat a team that hits its targets. And we have show on plenty of occasions this year how easy it is to beat a team that doesn't.

Never mind the press, the cluster, the cloister, the clacker...win the ball, keep hold of it, kick a goal. It aint rocket science.

Shame on Shane !!!

“Speed is the king” says Rogers
Responding to Maclure’s question “What do we need?” in the countdown to the next recruitment ballot, Rogers responded: “My personal view is ‘Speed is the king’”.

“If we can get more quick players into our team we see that (such players as) Jeff Garlett and Denis Armfield have a real impact at AFL level,” Rogers said, adding that the capacity to kick and basically be competitive were also prerequisites for any prospective Carlton draftee.
“Speed is the king” says Rogers

The Blue Print: EP7

Interesting that Wayne Hughes is part of the five man list management team. Hughes' fan base will love that.
Thought it was funny how Rogers was alluding to us having leaders that haven't played a game for Carlton.
Goddard?

Collingwood, Geelong, and Hawthorn have slowish midfields. Especially the hawks

The whole speed is king thing undid us from round 4 onwards.
Rogers said in The Hangout that we aen't after players who get 30 touches out wide on big grounds, but can get it out to teammates and put their head over it to do the team thing.

Sakc Rogers.

:p

Rogers said in The Hangout that we aen't after players who get 30 touches out wide on big grounds, but can get it out to teammates and put their head over it to do the team thing.

Sakc Rogers.

:p

Ahh so we are recruiting David Ellard and Brock McLean again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back