Rumour The board are going to appoint a football director?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is you should really have proper basis for that sort of a suggestion before raising it, rather than doing the whole "well, prove it wasn't" act. Otherwise it comes across like you've made the conclusion and are working back from that.

A gender quota does not mean that less-qualified candidates are automatically hired, which appears to be the whole basis for your issue with it.

Yes I have.

I think it's a valid opinion and worthy of debate.

The correct response would be to disprove that opinion rather then attack the the posters that ask that question as being misogynistic or whatever the latest buzz word is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It was disproven. There was no quota policy in place when she was appointed. She was appointed because she'd done a great job running stuff for the club like NGA.

A gender quota does not mean that less-qualified candidates are automatically hired, which appears to be the whole basis for your issue with it.

YES! It's a ridiculous policy that employs people based upon gender.

If, for example, people apply for 100 jobs, and a particular gender by chance is the best candidate for 75 of those jobs, then 25 jobs go to inferior candidates purely by default of a sexist policy.

Result: North Melbourne loses out!

It was disproven. There was no quota policy in place when she was appointed. She was appointed because she'd done a great job running stuff for the club like NGA.
Cool.
Gender quota out of the discussion, now we can focus on criticising the entire footy department without prejudice and the invitation of gender politics.
Now you raised a point earlier, that she was responsible for the recruitment of TT.
Can you please elaborate on that.

Cool.
Gender quoat out of the discussion, now we can focus on criticising the entire footy department without prejudice and the invitation of gender politics.
Now you raised a point earlier, that she was responsible for the recruitment of TT.
Can you please elaborate on that.

I never said she was responsible for the recruitment of TT. I said she ran the NGA program that delivered TT to us.

If she was the incompetent goose many have suggested, employed purely for gender, would that have happened? No.

I agree that a full, no holds barred review of every element of the footy department is required.

From where I sit, there needs to be far more heat on people who have been there for a long time like Scott and Joyce, who deal with the onfield as a core competency of their work, than someone who has been in post fewer than two years and whose role is operational and doesn't affect onfield anywhere near the same degree.

I want to know why we keep missing out on the Big Fish - why has there been no accountability for that?

YES! It's a ridiculous policy that employs people based upon gender.

If, for example, people apply for 100 jobs, and a particular gender by chance is the best candidate for 75 of those jobs, then 25 jobs go to inferior candidates purely by default of a sexist policy.

Result: North Melbourne loses out!

This is not reflective of how the policy would work.

The current policy stipulates 40% women across the club.

At the very minimum your figures are off.

Unless you actually have insight into the hiring policy and the exceptions within it you don't know whether there would be a problem in your scenario.

It's a policy, it's not law.

Do we even know how close to 40% across the club we were prior to the policy being introduced?
Do we have any idea what the introduction of the women's side had to that figure?

This discussion is splitting hairs about 1 job where I am willing to bet that no one posting about it actually understands the practical context of how it works within the club.

Ultimately I find the discussion boring because there are an absolute mountain of unknowns which people have filled with assumptions, assumptions that are bound to be wrong.

Yes I have.

I think it's a valid opinion and worthy of debate.

The correct response would be to disprove that opinion rather then attack the the posters that ask that question as being misogynistic or whatever the latest buzz word is.

You keep missing the point. It’s not a valid opinion as her performance can’t be brought into question.

The posters that question the appointment can’t show that she is failing at her job. They only question her appointment. Why?

This is not reflective of how the policy would work.

Okay, could you link me to this policy in order to clarify a few things mate?

I have to tell you first though, that I am completely against any policy that favors gender by even 1%, but please table the criteria if you can

I have no idea why people continue to pay any attention to the poster who has a legacy of claiming Majak Daw was only on NMFCs list due to the colour of his skin, and the other poster who believes Alex Jones and InfoWar are legitimate news sources.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You keep missing the point. It’s not a valid opinion as her performance can’t be brought into question.

The posters that question the appointment can’t show that she is failing at her job. They only question her appointment. Why?
As they question every appointment.
It appears there is something systematically wrong at the club.
Personally I like the Ben Buckley type. I admire him.
But the responsibility lays with him.
And due criticism ends with him.

Should they (we) only question the appointment of those of the male gender.
Seems like the path of least resistance but I don't agree it's the right way.
It would be latent sexism to do so.

Okay, could you link me to this policy in order to clarify a few things mate?

I have to tell you first though, that I am completely against any policy that favors gender by even 1%, but please table the criteria if you can
http://changeourgame.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/resourcefile/guidelines_GenderEquality_ActionPlan_north_melbourne (1).pdf

I don't know if we are receiving government funding directly to the club and if so, in what form, but I did find this interesting:

By 1 July 2019 all sport and active recreation organisations funded by Sport and Recreation Victoria and the Victorian Government will be expected to comply with the mandatory 40% women on boards quota.
http://www.changeourgame.vic.gov.au/balance-board

Given an inherent bias towards men in the industry, we can assume with some degree of evidence that the most sought after and highest remunerated employees for the marquee positions at AFL clubs would be male.

Given that we're a smaller club and are unable to compete financially in order to hire the cream of the crop as far as executive staff goes, we know that any savvy organisation in our position would be tasked with finding an inefficiency in the market to replicate the same level of quality staff.

Given the underrepresentation of women in the market, we can also assume that there's more available of the top 100 most skilled women when compared to the top 100 most skilled men. Now unless you're of the belief that women are inherently less skilled than men, then the assumption that should be made is that the majority of the best available employees are actually women.

Beyond the proven benefits of diversity, which in a few words is basically just to prevent an echo chamber of well-off private school white males (often referred to as a boys club or a wank fest), the gender quota plan should in theory increase the quality of staff at the club. Given our male staff seem to only be hired because they already know somebody or they are good blokes, any change in how we approach the hiring process should be absolutely welcomed.

As they question every appointment.
It appears there is something systematically wrong at the club.
Personally I like the Ben Buckley type. I admire him.
But the responsibility lays with him.
And due criticism ends with him.

Should they (we) only question the appointment of those of the male gender.
Seems like the path of least resistance but I don't agree it's the right way.
It would be latent sexism to do so.

Can you please show me where the appointments of Chris Simmons, Nick Haslam or Cameron McLeod have been questioned?

Anyway............all of this is just board damage control.

Who we select at the next board election is what will alter the course and correct the ship.

This. And seeing how restless people are getting, it's probably a possibility someone will have a crack.

I never said she was responsible for the recruitment of TT. I said she ran the NGA program that delivered TT to us.

If she was the incompetent goose many have suggested, employed purely for gender, would that have happened? No.

Many? na, just a bigot and some other guy that doesn't have an independent thought.

Yeah, I already saw that mate.

Vote trawling.

How many memberships has Dan Andrews purchased?

40% of them?

He did just grant the Bulldogs all that land that you were hailing as a masterstoike by their admin.

I know Groin guru - I'm not sure whatever he does for a crust but I'm sure it is whatever he hoped and dreamed he'd be doing as kid and that it adds immense value to society - likes to mock the fact that I worked as a journalist for a fair while, but it did teach me a few things.

One is that people, almost always, but not exclusively, men, who bang on endlessly about how only they are LOGICAL and they are INDEPENDENT THINKERS with the implication that they alone a REAL MEN (Groin's potting of Chadwiko "disguised" as "jokes" an excellent example of this) are a universal thing. They have them everywhere.

They used to write letters in green ink to papers, they often stand in front of government buildings holding signs about something or other. Now they are on the internet and have discovered there's actually a few like them out there.

These blokes - things are **** these days, bloody chicks and pantywaist fairies have taken over, used to be better in the old days when men were men etc - will always be with us.

I guarantee you that in the first years of sedentary civilisation where the mighty Euphrates rises, when the clan were gathering around the fire, safe behind their walls, talking and eating from the food stores, teaching the children what the various lines they had carved in bits of bark meant, Snake_Baker and Smoocher * were sitting outside the circle, grumbling about how when they were kids there was no bloody putting seeds in the mud crap, you went and hunted your food or you starved! And this sitting around with the women talking crap behind the wall, remember when we used to have to be on sentry duty in the bitter cold, jeez that bred real men!

The problem with this worldview, understandable as it is, is that it doesn't provide answers to any questions.

Snake can't tell us where the money will come from if we get rid of the namby-pamby "political stuff". Apparently wanting to pay the bills isn't LOGICAL or INDEPENDENT. Same with Smoocher.

Instead people who disagree are "brainwashed", any response to their often vituperative attacks are "cliches" and "delusion".

Whatever - the reality is that the "political" stuff they claim to hate isn't going anywhere. A review of the footy department isn't going to say "Ban all chicks from the change rooms!" is it?

The war they are fighting is in their own heads. Whatever.

* I don't include Groin Guru in that tableau of ancient life as I at least respect Snake and Smooch, they have a few clues in their head, even if I don't agree with them. Groin is a smarmy gutless little sniper, can't actually stand behind his cheap shots at people, has to pretend it is all a "joke". Gets all whiny and hysterical when called out on it. Better suited to barracking for Essendon. In that emerging civilisation tableau, the groups would have traded him off to a neighbouring tribe in return for a pile of dung to use as manure.

This has to be one of the biggest melts on big footy. I'd be pissed off too if I was a click bait journalist. If you came to my place of business for 1 day it'd be like daddy daughter day. I'd have to show you how to research properly and actually carry out useful work for a change.

The funny thing is when people like you are challenged you have to package others into boxes like this just so you can sleep at night. Do whatever you need to do to make you feel good about yourself Jean. The reality is you're well off the mark.

steve chad.jpg

This has to be one of the biggest melts on big footy. I'd be pissed off too if I was a click bait journalist. If you came to my place of business for 1 day it'd be like daddy daughter day. I'd have to show you how to research properly and actually carry out useful work for a change.

The funny thing is when people like you are challenged you have to package others into boxes like this just so you can sleep at night. Do whatever you need to do to make you feel good about yourself Jean. The reality is you're well off the mark.

View attachment 669614

A response as predictable as it is pathetic.

Amazed you didn't go for "butt hurt" in there too.

What is it you do again for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back