THE BOARD. PAFC DIRECTORS. Why? Just why? šŸ˜¢

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you post a link? I am not a Millenial, hence am unable to.:rolleyes:

See what I can do. I'm only on my mobile tonight if anyone else wants to jump in.

Fantastic work by the club. Impressive resume.Looks to be an impressive person.

An intelligent, driven leader who will be unafraid to question the status quo at board level and has skills that will contribute.

I look forward to her joining the Port family. She may have been a west coast fan but this club and its history, ethos and passion gets into your bloodstream changes you and before you know it you are one of us.

Fantastic work by the club. Impressive resume.Looks to be an impressive person.

An intelligent, driven leader who will be unafraid to question the status quo at board level and has skills that will contribute.

I look forward to her joining the Port family. She may have been a west coast fan but this club and its history, ethos and passion gets into your bloodstream changes you and before you know it you are one of us.
Exactly, just ask KT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my hunch here, and this is purely Damien Barrett level speculation...

Kochie has previously said he'll step down in 2020, Port's 150th anniversary

could Holly possibly replace him?

Im not sure about this appointment. The fact Kevin Osborne has vetted her appointment means I will give Holly the benefit of the doubt but I will still have doubts. I wasn't really impressed by most of that Q&A program on innovation. Apart from the Quantum Physicist the rest of the panel spoke in large volume of cliques and not specifics about innovation. Depending on government for innovation is a mistake which all participants seemed to talk about government needing to drive innovation . They can set the framework but governments are not that innovative and shouldn't drive innovation. For years the tech industry have been saying set up a share option tax policy like in the US and not tax employee shareholders until gains are made and scrap the miserly $1,000 tax free threshold limit. But the government continues to ignore this call.

The fact she was recommended by 2 AFL Commissioners suggests an agenda to me. She has no allegiance to the club and being a board member doesn't pay, so you need to see some intangible benefit well above status to make it worthwhile.

Are millennials that hard to market to and that different they need their own board member? Does an old fashion hard head like Ken have trouble talking to millennials and communicating with them? And I'm not just talking the players - I'm talking young fans as well. Are we really struggling to connect to our younger fans? In my eyes we are a doing a great job communicating to 15 to 30 year old's. Its the mob down the road that has the problem in the SA market connecting with youth. Maybe its a strategic move by the club because the AFL Commissioners were going to push her towards several clubs and we decided to cut everyone off at the pass and get her on board first.

I guess its welcome aboard Holly. I hope you get deeply attached to the club and not have the stereotype attention span of a millennial. ;).That teal scarf does look good on you so that's a nice start. And she is a very bright individual so that is a huge plus. Noticed its a Caroline Wilson story. She will love this and promote it a fair bit. It will dominate her segment on 5AA tomorrow.

Rooch will be pissed off he misses another scoop.

Last edited:
Crows are chasing data, we are chasing Millenials :)
Caro foreshadowed this on FiveAA last Thursday. No doubt Holly Ransom will be mentioned in her weekly gig tomorrow, with Stupid hopefully letting her do the talking while he sits there with his mouth open.
Holly Ransom - great name. OneGreatClub any chance you could fit it into the thread title?

I
Im not sure about this appointment. The fact Kevin Osborne has vetted her appointment means I will give Holly the benefit of the doubt but I will still have doubts. I wasnt really impressed by most of that Q&A program on innovation. Apart from fhe Quantum Physicst the rest of the panel spoke in large volume of cliques and not specifics about innovation. Depending on government for innovation is a mistake which all participants seemed to talk about government needing to drive innovation . They can set the framework but governments are not that inmovative and shouldnt drive innovarion. For years the tech industry have been saying set up a share option tax policy like in the US and not tax employee shareholders until gains are made and scrap the miserly $1,000 tax free threshold limit.. But the government continues to ignore this call.

The fact she was recommended by 2 AFL Commissioners suggests an agenda to me. She has no aligence to the club and being a board member doesnt pay, so you need to see some intangible benefit well above status to make it worthwhile.

Are millennials that hard to market to and that different they need their own board member? Does an old fashion hard head like Ken have trouble talking to millennials and communicating with them? And Im not just talking the players - Im talking young fans as well. Are we really struggling to connect to our younger fans? In my eyes we are a doing a great job communicating to 15 to 30 year olds. Its the mob down the road that has the problem in the SA market connecting with youth. Maybe its a strategic move by the club because the AFL Commissioners were going to push her towards several clubs and we decided to cut everyone off at the pass and get her on board first.

I guess its welcome aboard Holly. I hope you get deeply attached to the club and not have the stereotype attention span of a millennial. ;).That teal scarf does look good on you so thats a nice start. And she is a very bright individual so that is a huge plus. Noticed its a Caroline Wilson story. She will love this and promote it a fair bit. It will dominate her segment on 5AA tomorrow.

I disagree REH. He or she who stands still is lost. Great appointment. Kochie and KT are intelligent and shrewd and Holly seems inspired and very bright. I welcome her with open arms to our club at a time when hopefully our sponsorship and reach is about to increase further, she might be just what we need.

Im not sure about this appointment. The fact Kevin Osborne has vetted her appointment means I will give Holly the benefit of the doubt but I will still have doubts. I wasnt really impressed by most of that Q&A program on innovation. Apart from fhe Quantum Physicst the rest of the panel spoke in large volume of cliques and not specifics about innovation. Depending on government for innovation is a mistake which all participants seemed to talk about government needing to drive innovation . They can set the framework but governments are not that inmovative and shouldnt drive innovarion. For years the tech industry have been saying set up a share option tax policy like in the US and not tax employee shareholders until gains are made and scrap the miserly $1,000 tax free threshold limit.. But the government continues to ignore this call.

The fact she was recommended by 2 AFL Commissioners suggests an agenda to me. She has no aligence to the club and being a board member doesnt pay, so you need to see some intangible benefit well above status to make it worthwhile.

Are millennials that hard to market to and that different they need their own board member? Does an old fashion hard head like Ken have trouble talking to millennials and communicating with them? And Im not just talking the players - Im talking young fans as well. Are we really struggling to connect to our younger fans? In my eyes we are a doing a great job communicating to 15 to 30 year olds. Its the mob down the road that has the problem in the SA market connecting with youth. Maybe its a strategic move by the club because the AFL Commissioners were going to push her towards several clubs and we decided to cut everyone off at the pass and get her on board first.

I guess its welcome aboard Holly. I hope you get deeply attached to the club and not have the stereotype attention span of a millennial. ;).That teal scarf does look good on you so thats a nice start. And she is a very bright individual so that is a huge plus. Noticed its a Caroline Wilson story. She will love this and promote it a fair bit. It will dominate her segment on 5AA tomorrow.

It's simply a case of no stone unturned for mine. A good board is varied and this is a completely unreresented age group at AFL board level. I think it's great and may offer intangible benefits for our growth, marketing and strategy.

For a bunch of reasons, Ransom will have access to a different corporate segment than the other board members, widening the PAFC's reach for sponsorship opportunities. Her skillset seems reasonable for a board member, and actively trying to include millenials is something every club should be doing. We are say 10 years behind the Crows for a population bump, but unlike them lets try and have another generation of fans coming through and buying memberships.

Also it doesn't hurt adding another board member outside of SA given that millenials are probably more even likely to have to move interstate to get work than previous generations; its good to support the idea that being a Port fan doesn't need to drop off just because you're not local any more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back