THE BOARD. PAFC DIRECTORS. Why? Just why? šŸ˜¢

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't matter, AFL runs us anyway.

As Michael Warner wrote in The Boy's Club, the AFL likes to have clubs financially beholden to it, as it makes them much easier to control. And they enjoy the obsequience.

Wanga's is stepping down from the board. Maybe Tex is gonna be picked up by Essendon.

From the Notice of AGM email today.

Notice is hereby given that the AGM of the Port Adelaide Football Club will be held on Friday 18th February 2022 commencing at 6.00pm at a venue TBA.

Nominations
are called from 2021 Port Adelaide Football Club financial members for one (1) position on the Board of Directors for a 3-year term.

Incumbent member-elect director Gavin Wanganeen, the first Indigenous director of an AFL Club, has decided to step away from the Board commitment after a 3 year term to spend more time on his business interests and growing family.

Wanganeen, one of Port Adelaideā€™s greatest ever players and the inaugural AFL Captain, will continue to serve on Port Adelaideā€™s football committee and as an ambassador of the clubā€™s Community and Aboriginal programs.

Nominations for the position on the Board of Directors must be delivered to the Returning Officer in the manner described on the Nomination Form no later than 5:00pm ACDT on Wednesday 8th December 2021.
How many votes would you need to win? Maybe if we should have a BF candidate again. With enough promotion in BF, BBTB media channels, etc, we might have a chance. RussellEbertHandball are you planning to be too busy over the next 3 years?

How many votes would you need to win? Maybe if we should have a BF candidate again. With enough promotion in BF, BBTB media channels, etc, we might have a chance. RussellEbertHandball are you planning to be too busy over the next 3 years?
1,500 votes probably gets you a board seat. FishingRick04 would have more accurate figures.

Haha, planning and reality are two different things.

Wanga's is stepping down from the board. Maybe Tex is gonna be picked up by Essendon.

From the Notice of AGM email today.

Notice is hereby given that the AGM of the Port Adelaide Football Club will be held on Friday 18th February 2022 commencing at 6.00pm at a venue TBA.

Nominations
are called from 2021 Port Adelaide Football Club financial members for one (1) position on the Board of Directors for a 3-year term.

Incumbent member-elect director Gavin Wanganeen, the first Indigenous director of an AFL Club, has decided to step away from the Board commitment after a 3 year term to spend more time on his business interests and growing family.

Wanganeen, one of Port Adelaideā€™s greatest ever players and the inaugural AFL Captain, will continue to serve on Port Adelaideā€™s football committee and as an ambassador of the clubā€™s Community and Aboriginal programs.

Nominations for the position on the Board of Directors must be delivered to the Returning Officer in the manner described on the Nomination Form no later than 5:00pm ACDT on Wednesday 8th December 2021.

Yep, I'm thinking we won't get either of the Wanganeens up for grabs

Wouldn't it be great if it was discovered that Cos Cardamom failed to meet one or more of these criteria...

As per Clause 12.4 of the Constitution, a person cannot be appointed as a Director if he or she is an accredited player manager or an employee, officer, registered official or player of the AFL or an AFL Club or a member of any other AFL Club.

1,500 votes probably gets you a board seat. FishingRick04 would have more accurate figures.

Haha, planning and reality are two different things.
Geez time has passed too fast, I know I had 22% which was second. It may have been around 1,500 and Theile 3,300.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another yes man ex player* will join.... its all very predictable.

* will need to also be vaxxed

Then stop listening to your wife and roll your sleeve up.

:p

Wouldn't it be great if it was discovered that Cos Cardamom failed to meet one or more of these criteria...

As per Clause 12.4 of the Constitution, a person cannot be appointed as a Director if he or she is an accredited player manager or an employee, officer, registered official or player of the AFL or an AFL Club or a member of any other AFL Club.
Cardoneā€™s presence in our board is such a travesty. Itā€™s unbelievable.

Snowdon has a football background (an actual football background, not a football finance background) and the other two don't. That's good enough for me.

When I saw Grantley Stevens on the list I thought for a second we might be getting the SAPOL Commissioner on the board. That would've been handy! But nah, just some bean counter. Probably doesn't even want to sack Hinkley.

Regrettably for Stevens, who seems a genuinely decent bloke, he has a face that at first glance says "I am a Crows man, through and through".
Perfect teeth, coiffed hairstyle, flight attendant smile.
And timid body language ;)
Needs some tatts!

Regrettably for Stevens, who seems a genuinely decent bloke, he has a face that at first glance says "I am a Crows man, through and through".
Perfect teeth, coiffed hairstyle, flight attendant smile.
And timid body language ;)
Needs some tatts!

I thought it was Steve Hocking at first glance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back