THE BOARD. PAFC DIRECTORS. Why? Just why? 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

It's simply a case of no stone unturned for mine. A good board is varied and this is a completely unreresented age group at AFL board level. I think it's great and may offer intangible benefits for our growth, marketing and strategy.
The benefits for us at AFL House will be real, especially with Gill, coming as the appointment does just when he is championing women's AFL as a personal project.

In Caro's article she quoted Holly's comments about the Club, including one in which international markets were mentioned.
Funny thing is that a couple of weeks ago one of my colleagues up here, the secretary of the PAFC China Advisory Group, suggested that the Club needs someone on the board who either has international commercial experience or is capable of taking commercial responsibility for international initiatives.

The timing of the announcement just before the Showdown also to some extent takes the wind out of Fagan's sniping campaign re the naming of the B&F medal.

The benefits for us at AFL House will be real, especially with Gill, coming as the appointment does just when he is championing women's AFL as a personal project.

In Caro's article she quoted Holly's comments about the Club, including one in which international markets were mentioned.
Funny thing is that a couple of weeks ago one of my colleagues up here, the secretary of the PAFC China Advisory Group, suggested that the Club needs someone on the board who either has international commercial experience or is capable of taking commercial responsibility for international initiatives.

The timing of the announcement just before the Showdown also to some extent takes the wind out of Fagan's sniping campaign re the naming of the B&F medal.

Fagan is a Funny Fella

Yawn. Football clubs are about winning on the weekend. Put me in the idgaf camp in this

I've met enough over achiever 26 year olds for a lifetime. Millennials aren't worth a dime economically. We have them as members and we have our own and the afls marketing department

Also she's toxic in China because if the Dalai Lama thing. In fact the club potentially is now. If you don't believe me go ask bon jovi

At least she doesn't wear ironic t shirts or Doc Martins

Yawn. Football clubs are about winning on the weekend. Put me in the idgaf camp in this
We saw a very few years ago Boydy, what happens when we take the "idgaf - keep on rollin as always" approach.

These days you need to keep innovating and freshening things up to stay ahead of the curve.

We saw a very few years ago Boydy, what happens when we take the "idgaf - keep on rollin as always" approach.

These days you need to keep innovating and freshening things up to stay ahead of the curve.

Indeed. Investing in the future is best, and equality should be the future, once all the people in social bondage diminish

The fact she was recommended by 2 AFL Commissioners suggests an agenda to me.
While I don't know, I doubt this REH. It's just how the big end of town works - see Eddie: mentors, supplicants, long term personal connections, favours, who you owe what to, deals, power. When people talk about integrity in the AFL what's really happening behind the scenes in the corporate world here is this stuff. It's part of Kochie's broader agenda and good that we are bringing in personal capital in this world.

If you reckon Kochy's love in v the Crows when Walsh was murdered was a little overboard , wonder what her reaction would have been , Peacenick , Dalai Lama , boss of Rotary etc., maybe lets concentrate on playing Port type Footy eh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've met enough over achiever 26 year olds for a lifetime. Millennials aren't worth a dime economically. We have them as members and we have our own and the afls marketing department

Also she's toxic in China because if the Dalai Lama thing. In fact the club potentially is now. If you don't believe me go ask bon jovi

At least she doesn't wear ironic t shirts or Doc Martins
Very true , that Dalai Lama thing will NOT go down well in the PRC.

Terrific appointment. Very impressive young person and gives our Board a whole different perspective on corporate Australia and the world.

proxy.jpg

Last edited:
Terrific appointment. Very impressive young person and gives our Board a whole different perspective on corporate Australia and the world.

proxy.jpg
Just had a quick look up on google , worked with non-for profit organisations , NGO's , been to Antartica with the Greenies , met Hussein Obozo , helped the Tibetan leader , that aint Corporate Australia , sounds more like more like one of those UNI smart arses that has never produced a thing in their life to me.

Just had a quick look up on google , worked with non-for profit organisations , NGO's , been to Antartica with the Greenies , met Hussein Obozo , helped the Tibetan leader , that aint Corporate Australia , sounds more like more like one of those UNI smart arses that has never produced a thing in their life to me.

Her appointment has been made following extensive vetting by existing club leadership and with endorsements from the highest levels of the AFL and Australian business.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-03-30/port-appoints-26yearold-to-board

Yeah well I guess the Port Board, KT and Kochie would be completely clueless and you should be running the club from the depths of your man cave armed with the combined wisdom of Google and Wikipedia. I look forward to the day. :rolleyes:

I hope that Ms Ransom is not just a fairy floss appointment and will contribute something to the Club. I hope the Club is seen as a long term commitment and not a political stepping stone. One gets a bit suspicious when a red hot supporter of another club with known political aspirations suddenly decides to join us. Perhaps another high profile member of the Liberal Party, namely Amanda Vanstone had some influence in convincing Ms Ransom to accept a seat on our Board? Maybe Julie Bishop will be the next to join our Board? Who knows.

That aside welcome to the Club Ms Ransom.

Initially I was skeptical. But the more I looked into the appointment and thought about it, the more I began to like it. Succeed or fail, it is another way in which this club continues to grow, innovate, and surprise. Well done Port. I hope she turns out to be as good a board member as her resume suggests!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back