THE BOARD. PAFC DIRECTORS. Why? Just why? 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Holly has just been awarded a Fullbright scholarship to Harvard. Kennedy School of Government if I heard it correctly (source: her own announcement on Linkedin). No mention of timeframe or of shuffling other commitments around but maybe there's a board position opening up?

Last time I checked (yes really, blame booze and an inquiring mind) the other side of the world from Adelaide is about 50kms offshore from Boston.

So fans can discuss her contributions to the board over the last few years... and haters will have to be content with time and distance.
She wrote on her Linkedin page;

"Undertaking a Master of Public Policy as a Fulbright Scholar in the Harvard Kennedy School Class of ‘21....."

That means she graduates May/June 2021, so probably starts in September 2019 as US Masters courses tend to be 2 academic years.

She wrote on her Linkedin page;

"Undertaking a Master of Public Policy as a Fulbright Scholar in the Harvard Kennedy School Class of ‘21....."

That means she graduates May/June 2021, so probably starts in September 2019 as US Masters courses tend to be 2 academic years.
Her three-year appointment, assuming it’s that, is up about now.

Holly has just been awarded a Fullbright scholarship to Harvard. Kennedy School of Government if I heard it correctly (source: her own announcement on Linkedin). No mention of timeframe or of shuffling other commitments around but maybe there's a board position opening up?

Last time I checked (yes really, blame booze and an inquiring mind) the other side of the world from Adelaide is about 50kms offshore from Boston.

So fans can discuss her contributions to the board over the last few years... and haters will have to be content with time and distance.

I assume she’ll actually have to hand in work?

Or does she just get graded on the strength of her patter in tutes, pressos and other verbal interactions?

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
I assume she’ll actually have to hand in work?

Or does she just get graded on the strength of her patter in tutes, pressos and other verbal interactions?
Now now, I once read that her metier was a "facilitator of outcomes".
Maybe that qualifies me as a "hater" yet I feel no animosity to her just bemused at her 'doings'.

It’s quite a thing to win a scholarship of that sort. I forgot to congratulate her on that in my previous post.

————
The map is not the terrain.

Now now, I once read that her metier was a "facilitator of outcomes".
Maybe that qualifies me as a "hater" yet I feel no animosity to her just bemused at her 'doings'.
I, too, have no reason to criticise Holly or what she has done for the Club. I would just like someone to put in writing exactly what the consensus is as to what she HAS done for the Club.

There is always one place on the board for someone who has qualifications and an age advantage needed to target a demographic nobody else on the board can identify and interact with, i.e.: millennials.

It is over six years since the core of this board were picked out, picked up, and sat down unelected in their seats. They still sit there - emphasis on ‘sit’ - as if they are ponies waiting for someone to come along and teach them how to perform their second trick.

In this category I list Cardone (most corrosive of all), Haslam, Vanstone and even, nowadays, Kevin Osborn. A constructive board shake-up should include most if not all of them.

Her three-year appointment, assuming it’s that, is up about now.
This thread opened with her appointment announcement on 30 March 2016. Terms are for 3 years but I guess there is nothing stopping her being reappointed for 4 months or so before she heads of to the USA - and I have assumed she is resigning and not trying to stay on and only attend 1/3rd of the board meetings.

If she comes back to Oz in 2021 then I assume we will be getting ready for an AFLW team and we will continue to talk to her about it, as I noticed the following for first time on her club listed CV;
Advisory Board Member, AFLW

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...p/news-story/a3a4c50cd6202ec4e98c277d02ad90eb

(Please, Amanda, change your mind ... go for it. Please.)

Governor wanted: must be like Julie Bishop

1559615259844.jpeg

‘South Australian Premier Steven Marshall remains on the hunt for a new governor, with his preferred candidate a female with links to the Liberal Party’s moderate faction, sources say.

‘Speculation has been rife among the state’s political circles in recent days after The Australian revealed last week that former foreign minister Julie Bishop turned down an informal offer from Mr Marshall to succeed current governor Hieu Van Le.

‘Former Howard government minister Amanda Vanstone and BHP board member Carolyn Hewson have also reportedly said they are not interested in the role. This is despite it paying $340,000 a year and with perks such as personal staff and residence at Government House in Adelaide.’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have finally been able to quiz my colleague re the presence of PAFC directors in Shanghai.

He stayed in the Portman, didn’t attend any events apart from being at one end of a crowded chairman’s marquee at the game, says that apart from Koch and Osborn he didn’t see one.

Anyone else see anyone else?

PS: This seems to be the only thread going on which to post gossip re the directors other than Koch.
OneGreatClub perhaps you could fix the thread title, mate?

Edit: Well done OGC. Many thanks.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...p/news-story/a3a4c50cd6202ec4e98c277d02ad90eb

(Please, Amanda, change your mind ... go for it. Please.)

Governor wanted: must be like Julie Bishop

View attachment 686523

‘South Australian Premier Steven Marshall remains on the hunt for a new governor, with his preferred candidate a female with links to the Liberal Party’s moderate faction, sources say.

‘Speculation has been rife among the state’s political circles in recent days after The Australian revealed last week that former foreign minister Julie Bishop turned down an informal offer from Mr Marshall to succeed current governor Hieu Van Le.

‘Former Howard government minister Amanda Vanstone and BHP board member Carolyn Hewson have also reportedly said they are not interested in the role. This is despite it paying $340,000 a year and with perks such as personal staff and residence at Government House in Adelaide.’

Erin Phillips decided to keep playing then I gather??

Have finally been able to quiz my colleague re the presence of PAFC directors in Shanghai.

He stayed in the Portman, didn’t attend any events apart from being at one end of a crowded chairman’s marquee at the game, says that apart from Koch and Osborne he didn’t see one.

Anyone else see anyone else?

PS: This seems to be the only thread going on which to post gossip re the directors other than Koch.
OneGreatClub perhaps you could fix the thread title, mate?
Twitter accounts of Ranson, Wanganeen, Cahill and Vanstone were silent over last weekend so count them as not going. Others Thiele, Haslam, Restas and Cardone don't have twitter.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Well I'm a real dinosaur, so you'll have to explain to me what a fidget spinner is.

It's when a player - any, nay every ******* player - is lining up for a set shot and they're spinning the ball around in their hands. Some of them even as they're actually running in for the kick! No wonder so many gettable goals are missed nowadays - it's not like the good old days!!

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Lockhart Road is using this as a signature, well done LR, and it says quite a bit about George.

“Being on the board is hard work, I’m not sure if you’ve sat in a board room listening to Kochie ramble on for five hours and you can’t change the channels, that’s real hard work.” George Fiacchi - 19th March 2019.

The quote justifies my vote for George. I wonder if we would ever get such a comment from other Board Members?

I really hope George nominates for the Board again.

I, too, have no reason to criticise Holly or what she has done for the Club. I would just like someone to put in writing exactly what the consensus is as to what she HAS done for the Club.

There is always one place on the board for someone who has qualifications and an age advantage needed to target a demographic nobody else on the board can identify and interact with, i.e.: millennials.

It is over six years since the core of this board were picked out, picked up, and sat down unelected in their seats. They still sit there - emphasis on ‘sit’ - as if they are ponies waiting for someone to come along and teach them how to perform their second trick.

In this category I list Cardone (most corrosive of all), Haslam, Vanstone and even, nowadays, Kevin Osborn. A constructive board shake-up should include most if not all of them.
Cardone is the most baffling. A cuckoo in the nest.
It’s crazy we have a minion of Eddie McGuire on our board!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back