THE BOARD. PAFC DIRECTORS. Why? Just why? 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Cardone is the most baffling. A cuckoo in the nest.
It’s crazy we have a minion of Eddie McGuire on our board!
He didn’t, apparently, go to Shanghai ... but he is, apparently, no orphan re that.
He isn’t, apparently, on Twitter ... a prerequisite one would expect of the King of Tweet’s majordomo.
He’s ‘in charge’, according to Eddie, of the Club’s negotiations with Collingwood re the Prison Bars ... or he’s not.
He’s a real mystery this Club cuckoo called Cos Cardone, laying Eddie’s eggs in our nest.

Lockhart Road is using this as a signature, well done LR, and it says quite a bit about George.

“Being on the board is hard work, I’m not sure if you’ve sat in a board room listening to Kochie ramble on for five hours and you can’t change the channels, that’s real hard work.” George Fiacchi - 19th March 2019.

The quote justifies my vote for George. I wonder if we would ever get such a comment from other Board Members?

I really hope George nominates for the Board again.

I don't really want to put a dampener on this but I believe the meaning isn't more than a fun dig. After George lost his position on the board he was interviewed at the club where he said things such as ... to trust those running the club, they know what they're doing, the club's in good hands, and we're on the right track.

I guess he can have belief in the group as opposed to an individual.

However his comments on social media at the time when he wasn't re-elected didn't impress that he was content with the members' vote.

Last edited:
I don't really want to put a dampener on this but I believe the meaning isn't more than a fun dig. After George lost his position on the board he was interviewed at the club where he said things such as ... to trust those running the club, they know what they're doing, the club's in good hands, and we're on the right track.

I guess he can have belief in the group as opposed to an individual.

However his comments on social media at the time when he wasn't re-elected didn't impress that he was content with the members' vote.
People often say different things in the public eye than what they really think

He didn’t, apparently, go to Shanghai ... but he is, apparently, no orphan re that.
He isn’t, apparently, on Twitter ... a prerequisite one would expect of the King of Tweet’s majordomo.
He’s ‘in charge’, according to Eddie, of the Club’s negotiations with Collingwood re the Prison Bars ... or he’s not.
He’s a real mystery this Club cuckoo called Cos Cardone, laying Eddie’s eggs in our nest.

So besides his connections to Eddie, which you regularly bring up in your posts expressing your dislike of the man in your attempts to discredit him, what exactly has he done wrong that makes him the most corrosive of all the board members?

Do you have anything that proves hes working against our clubs interests on behalf of Eddie that would benefit Collingwood as you so often allude to being the case?

So, tell us what really happened between the two of you.

Membership down. Attendances down. China a loss-making distraction. Coach prematurely re-signed. Oak probably gone. Likely to record a financial loss in 2019.

When will the heat truly drop onto the current regime?

If Holly's job on the board was to drag the dinosaurs into the 21st century, then she seems to have failed if we have four directors not on twitter.
Maybe they're just not twits. ;)

I too am not on the Twitter but am well engaged with the twenty-first century.

Membership down. Attendances down. China a loss-making distraction. Coach prematurely re-signed. Oak probably gone. Likely to record a financial loss in 2019.

When will the heat truly drop onto the current regime?
Ffs
If China was a loss making distraction we would be just about insolvent by now.

Ffs
If China was a loss making distraction we would be just about insolvent by now.

What financial benefit has come from the China games, other than what Gui has underwritten? Compare that with how much energy the club puts into the game. When u balance effort vs reward, it doesn’t stack up at all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What financial benefit has come from the China games, other than what Gui has underwritten? Compare that with how much energy the club puts into the game. When u balance effort vs reward, it doesn’t stack up at all...

You are not wrong. Indeed there has been and will continue to be EFFORT but it has not been, due to inexperience, professionally focused. I mean, the Club paying for 100 of its souls to fly up and spend a taxing week in Shanghai each year for break-even at best ....

And where would you like us to pursue sponsorship from?
Come on, OGC you can do better than that. The obvious question is how does our learned friend know that OAK is riding off into the partnership sunset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m a bit off my game at the moment LR. I should have asked him that as he seems certain he knows the ins and outs of everything.
No sweat mate. I am personally interested as if OAK is indeed leaving us after having free access to the back of our players’ tops last year it makes our CEO, and by extension our board and its chairman, look even more incompetent than they already may do.

If you are cheaply referring to me, then say so. My seat doesn’t come cheap.
I am saying all in this thread. I get it there is frustration, but these directors work very hard for club. That's all i am saying. Its worth remembering they also do it largely for nothing. They put in alot of their own time too.

S
No sweat mate. I am personally interested as if OAK is indeed leaving us after having free access to the back of our players’ tops last year it makes our CEO, and by extension our board and its chairman, look even more incompetent than they already may do.
There was a rumour on here a while back that Oak weren’t happy.

I am saying all in this thread. I get it there is frustration, but these directors work very hard for club. That's all i am saying. Its worth remembering they also do it largely for nothing. They put in alot of their own time too.
If that’s your message then I suggest you say so up front and deflect unnecessary feedback from sensitive down-hilling old buggers like me. You are saying the directors work hardery for longery. OK got the message. You don’t say however that the directors work smartery for longery or even shortery.

If that’s your message then I suggest you say so up front and deflect unnecessary feedback from sensitive down-hilling old buggers like me. You are saying the directors work hardery for longery. OK got the message. You don’t say however that the directors work smartery for longery or even shortery.
the thread is good, the bad and the ugly.... I am not having a ping at anyone, just trying to be positive.....

the thread is good, the bad and the ugly.... I am not having a ping at anyone, just trying to be positive.....
Noted, mate. Let’s move on. My shout next in Fire House.

You are not wrong. Indeed there has been and will continue to be EFFORT but it has not been, due to inexperience, professionally focused. I mean, the Club paying for 100 of its souls to fly up and spend a taxing week in Shanghai each year for break-even at best ....

I actually liked what the club was pursuing with China. But it’s like they’ve been half pregnant. They won’t invest enough of the right resources to make it work, and the resources they have invested have come at the expense of core business. We lose on both fronts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back