THE BOARD. PAFC DIRECTORS. Why? Just why? 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually liked what the club was pursuing with China. But it’s like they’ve been half pregnant. They won’t invest enough of the right resources to make it work, and the resources they have invested have come at the expense of core business. We lose on both fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Concur.

You correctly call it half-pregnant.

Combine that with Catch 22 and the result is ... ... ...

It’s the upshot of inadequate self-sensitive leadership.

This years China result was much more positive.
On- and off-field. Yes. I have a good feel about it. Imagine what can happen next.

Twitter accounts of Ranson, Wanganeen, Cahill and Vanstone were silent over last weekend so count them as not going. Others Thiele, Haslam, Restas and Cardone don't have twitter.

4WIW, I'm about 99% sure Ross was there in Shanghai.

6PR were chatting to our man Gav tonight, who's in Perth with Mouse Promotions for a couple of functions. For the Western Bombers supporter group. 🤨

They did discuss a couple of Port Adelaide things: Gav said he hadn't heard about the mooted dropping of Hoff, Paddy and SPP, "Is that true is it? Well, if you're not playing consistently for a few games..." He agreed that Taj Schofield is an exciting prospect and that Vossy is a great man, and said well done to Sam Newman on his epiphany re Adam Goodes.

Interesting article in today's press as the Club looks for a 12M hand out to construct a 50 bed Aboriginal Boarding House at Alberton.

A fact that I was not aware of was that six years ago we officially changed our Club Motto from 'We Exist to Win Premierships' to 'We Exist to Win Premierships and Make Our Community Proud'. I would settle for being AFL Premiers and a disgrace in the eyes of our opponents. So what is Keith Thomas and our Board's priority going to be in the coming year? Getting a 12M sponsorship for the PAFC or 12M to build a Boarding House?

To me this is yet another dash of vanilla flavoring introduced by Koch and Co. and none of us should be surprised that the Club is firmly entrenched on the treadmill of mediocrity.

We Exist to Win Premierships

Interesting article in today's press as the Club looks for a 12M hand out to construct a 50 bed Aboriginal Boarding House at Alberton.

A fact that I was not aware of was that six years ago we officially changed our Club Motto from 'We Exist to Win Premierships' to 'We Exist to Win Premierships and Make Our Community Proud'. I would settle for being AFL Premiers and a disgrace in the eyes of our opponents. So what is Keith Thomas and our Board's priority going to be in the coming year? Getting a 12M sponsorship for the PAFC or 12M to build a Boarding House?

To me this is yet another dash of vanilla flavoring introduced by Koch and Co. and none of us should be surprised that the Club is firmly entrenched on the treadmill of mediocrity.

I guess eventually they will phase out the footy part altogether. Will make their life easier lol.

Maybe not a good analogy but that rather trite saying attributed to Kevin Sheedy comes to mind when he was talking to a rookie, "Look son, if you can't chew gum and walk at the same time, spit out the gum."

My thinking is I'm not sure what the PAFC's currently doing really well let alone excelling. The Club should focus on its core business which is football and while great things have been done and continue in the community, the internal expertise is being spread too thinly.

Then again, a hinkley saying, "Those on the outside don't understand...."

There are some beautiful old properties in the vicinity of Alberton Oval and if I owned one and heard that a 50 bed hostel was being planned for the neighbourhood I might be a bit concerned. Then again I guess the definition of 'community pride' does not include the local community's views on anything. I need to be a tad careful lest I unleash the elephant in the room.

There are some beautiful old properties in the vicinity of Alberton Oval and if I owned one and heard that a 50 bed hostel was being planned for the neighbourhood I might be a bit concerned. Then again I guess the definition of 'community pride' does not include the local community's views on anything. I need to be a tad careful lest I unleash the elephant in the room.
You aren't unleashing anything, the motto has has been discussed and alluded to on many threads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You aren't unleashing anything, the motto has has been discussed and alluded to on many threads

Lol he is alluding to 50 downtrodden indigenous youths running rampant in Alberton.

Last edited:

Come on rap you go to AGM's and Koch has been saying we exit to win premierships and make our community proud, with a big slide up on the screens of that, if not at his first one as chairman in December 2012, then his second one in February 2014 when the AGM was put back a couple of months.

More I think about it, the more I reckon it was after finals in September 2013, when we had the full re-unification of the club and teams approved by the SANFL as part of getting our licence and moving to AO negotiations..

Koch is always saying it. Starts just about every one of his club function speech I have been to, with it. Same with KT.

Come on rap you go to AGM's and Koch has been saying we exit to win premierships and make our community proud, with a big slide up on the screens of that, if not at his first one as chairman in December 2012, then his second one in February 2014 when the AGM was put back a couple of months.

More I think about it, the more I reckon it was after finals in September 2013, when we had the full re-unification of the club and teams approved by the SANFL as part of getting our licence and moving to AO negotiations..

Koch is always saying it. Starts just about every one of his club function speech I have been to, with it. Same with KT.

I know that this was even an internal strategy from back when Mark Haysman was CEO. It's certainly not a new thing.

6PR were chatting to our man Gav tonight, who's in Perth with Mouse Promotions for a couple of functions. For the Western Bombers supporter group. 🤨

They did discuss a couple of Port Adelaide things: Gav said he hadn't heard about the mooted dropping of Hoff, Paddy and SPP, "Is that true is it? Well, if you're not playing consistently for a few games..." He agreed that Taj Schofield is an exciting prospect and that Vossy is a great man, and said well done to Sam Newman on his epiphany re Adam Goodes.
Am I the only one here who finds it pretty ****** up that Gav (a current board member) is in Perth doing functions that are linked to Essendon? (I get it, that everyone's entitled to make some coin wherever they can).

If the bombers win, expecting to catch a glimpse of him in the rooms during the Roaming Brian segment like earlier in the year.

Oh boy, standards at an all time low.

Am I the only one here who finds it pretty ****** up that Gav (a current board member) is in Perth doing functions that are linked to Essendon? (I get it, that everyone's entitled to make some coin wherever they can).

If the bombers win, expecting to catch a glimpse of him in the rooms during the Roaming Brian segment like earlier in the year.

While 6PR did talk to him about Taj Schofield re father/son for Port, no mention was made of Gavin's son - I expect he would have given a non-committal answer on that one had they asked.

Yes, the word 'Community' is definitely part of the David Koch doctrine and has been for a while. At times I wonder if it is really about the PAFC or simply the David Koch publicity machine saying the things he thinks will earn him brownie points out in the community.

Yeah, that is a bit like Cos Cardone working for McGuire. I am absolutely sure both men are committed to Port yet the suggestion of a conflict of interest is there.

“50-bed hostel” is flat-out weird regardless.
Yes and no.

Yes that a footy club is doing this.

No because Pauly V's background is in Aboriginal housing, so to help do his big vision from when he joined us in 2010, plus if we are going out bush and pushing the kids to stay at school and encourage them to get a trade, go to school, TAFE or Uni and the best chance to progress is to move to Adelaide for a few years, then having available and affordable accommodation in the city is fundamental. So linking that all up with a high performance environment, on the precinct, close to the people that delivered the initial programs to them to get them to move to the city, for extra support, makes a lot of sense.

Don't think of it as a youth hostel set up. It would be more like US college living on campus set up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back