The Bolton-Silvagni Alliance

RudyBlue

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
If the relationship between bolts and sos was ever going to breakdown this would be the likely cause.
I think we're forgetting that SOS removed himself from any of the decision-making involved in getting Jack to the club. He'll likely do the same with his other sons.

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
I think we're forgetting that SOS removed himself from any of the decision-making involved in getting Jack to the club. He'll likely do the same with his other sons.

Yeah but he really has to remove himself from the entire draft then

Say then rank Ben at 20 and think he'll get bid on then, it impacts the decision overall as we don't want 2 talls, so we take Rankine and Ben, or do we take Max King with our first then take a mid we rate around pick 20?

RudyBlue

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Say then rank Ben at 20 and think he'll get bid on then, it impacts the decision overall as we don't want 2 talls, so we take Rankine and Ben, or do we take Max King with our first then take a mid we rate around pick 20?
>SOS removes himself from any recruiting discussion RE: Ben
>Other members of recruiting team rank Ben among other draftees
>SOS gets given list having no involvement in ranking Ben. Ben is just another name on the list.
>On draft night, SOS pulls trigger if Ben is next best choice, again, having had no involvement in determining if Ben is next best.

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
>SOS gets given list having no involvement in ranking Ben. Ben is just another name on the list.
>On draft night, SOS pulls trigger if Ben is next best choice, again, having had no involvement in determining if Ben is next best.

So we're relying on the guys who owe their jobs (and possibly ongoing employment) to SOS to not favour SOS's son ?

I'm sure they can but it's not ideal.

Oh FFS sake ... while SOS has SONS that may or may not be drafted, sack him as recruitment manager ........

There .... bring back Hughes and Rogers .... I'm sure everyone will be happy then.

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC

Yeah but its a different circumstance when BOSOS is a father son and we know we can get him

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
Oh FFS sake ... while SOS has SONS that may or may not be drafted, sack him as recruitment manager ........

There .... bring back Hughes and Rogers .... I'm sure everyone will be happy then.

No one is saying that, I love SOS, just talking about the difficulties that would exist for anyone in the same scenario.

Didn't serge drop SOS for the 86 granny, was it a clear choice or did he go harder on him to not be bias?

All pretty minimal stuff and worth it for the nostalgia and fairy tail story

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal

That’s not really the issue, it’s good that he does this though.

More importantly though, does having his kids at the club/in the side compromise his drafting?

It would be hard to draft talls if you knew by doing so you are possibly ending your kids career/dream.

That’s not really the issue, it’s good that he does this though.

More importantly though, does having his kids at the club/in the side compromise his drafting?

It would be hard to draft talls if you knew by doing so you are possibly ending your kids career/dream.

Year 1

CHB/possible CHF (Weitering)
CHF (Curnow)
FF (McKay)
3rd tall Def (Plowman)
FB (JGM)

Year 2

CHB (Marchbank)
FF (Kerr)
CHB/CHF/3rd tall (Macreadie)

Other

TDK, backup/resting rucks, O'Shea, ASOS

If SOS is recruiting to leave spots for his kids, he's not going about it very well :)

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
P
Year 1

CHF (Curnow)
FF (McKay)
3rd tall Def (Plowman)
FB (JGM)

Year 2

CHB (Marchbank)
FF (Kerr)

Other

If SOS is recruiting to leave spots for his kids, he's not going about it very well :)

That's the problem, he thinks they are all midfielders due to Dad bias, thats why JSOS is playing on ball in the twos and not the seniors hence the rift between Bolts and SOS

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys

I don't think that will be the case but if a Silvagni is good enough to play AFL it will be at Carlton.

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
No one is saying that, I love SOS, just talking about the difficulties that would exist for anyone in the same scenario.

Didn't serge drop SOS for the 86 granny, was it a clear choice or did he go harder on him to not be bias?

All pretty minimal stuff and worth it for the nostalgia and fairy tail story
All I remember was Doully was terrible in that game.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Year 1

CHF (Curnow)
FF (McKay)
3rd tall Def (Plowman)
FB (JGM)

Year 2

CHB (Marchbank)
FF (Kerr)

Other

There's always that third spot on the emergency list that will need to be filled once Kerridge or Graham is delisted

Back