Opinion The Booing of Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to stop telling people to go away if you don't like what they are saying.

Disagree, argue if you want, let the mods deal with any rule breaches. But let people speak.

I have all the time in the world for most opposition supporters, even if I disagree with them.

I have no time for opposition supporters who come on here and post rubbish, especially opposition supporters who go on the main board and post rubbish about us and then come in here and want a fair hearing.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...e/news-story/6ae1a5b51f26edb07c0c5b1aa2cc63d2

The booing by Bombers fans during the Anzac Day Medal presentation to Scott Pendlebury has been declared as “Essendon’s shame” by AFL 360’s Mark Robinson.
And his co-host Gerard Whateley believes the fans that booed during the ceremony “didn’t live the national character that we believe is part of Anzac”.

Gerard Whateley: booing "didn't live the national character that we believe is part of Anzac"
Also Gerard Whately: Spends ANZAC Day shilling for every corporate partner that Crocmedia have.

Fans should have the self-awareness to know that booing during the ceremony on Anzac Day was hardly going to be received well and certainly wouldn't bring attention to the issue you were angry about.

People have become cray-cray over Anzac Day. There is no reasoned debate or nuanced discussion. Booing anything on Anzac Day was going to be perceived in the most negative light.

Fans should have the self-awareness to know that booing during the ceremony on Anzac Day was hardly going to be received well and certainly wouldn't bring attention to the issue you were angry about.

People have become cray-cray over Anzac Day. There is no reasoned debate or nuanced discussion. Booing anything on Anzac Day was going to be perceived in the most negative light.

But muh free kicks!!!111

After the loss, I needed some time to myself. I went to the driving range and hit some balls and at the end of the session, I felt a little better. I slept on it and when I woke yesterday I went about my day.

The trains were extremely quiet and as I was travelling between stations my body let out this godforsaken noise. My lips tried to conceal it, but it came out regardless.

'Boo'.

Luckily the only other person in the carriage had headphones in and didn't hear.

I got off at Flagstaff station and briskly walked up the escalators and out towards my local cafe.

'Soy latte ubuntu?'

'BOOOOO!'.

Steve the barista and I stared at each other, equally scared of what was occuring. I grabbed my empty keep-cup from the counter and exited the building.

I spent the next 8 hours booing at my boss, clients, IT issues and lunch.

It continued today when I booed someone for getting a birdie.

Guys and girls, I don't know what is happening but I need some help.

Thx. Uboontu

Last edited:
Personally I think booing any players is not on. Umpires well meh! Either way decisions stand and no amount of argument will ever change it. So you just gotta move on unfortunately. I do agree with Clarko that there should be a full time umpires academy. Makes complete sense. I will now go and make myself vomit.

Nah, something is wrong when players from both sides pay the kick but the umpire misses it.
I agree. The 44 players on the ground agree, the commentators agree and over 60,000 spectators (give or take a few Pies die-hards) agree. Even Eddie McGuire agrees. Unfortunately the three men in yellow did not agree. And there you have it.

I boo at the radio sometimes when Caro is on, but that's in the privacy of my own car
I just booed the little shaved-head, mini Gary Ablett kid on the Fox Footy channel.

I got a few strange looks, but it's a Hawthorne thing. People just don't understand.

edit: I hope he's supposed to be Mini Gazza and he's not some cancer patient :oops:

I just booed the little shaved-head, mini Gary Ablett kid on the Fox Footy channel.

I got a few strange looks, but it's a Hawthorne thing. People just don't understand.

edit: I hope he's supposed to be Mini Gazza and he's not some cancer patient :oops:
I like how you adapted to your surroundings and called yourselves Hawthorne here

True and at the time I thought the boooing when the presentation started was a bit in poor taste but I just think it is something that was always going to blow up at some stage given the absolute rubbish the AFL has asked the umpires to dish up this year. The supporters where just bloody angry and if someone from another club says they would not have done it in the same circumstances then they are full of s**t. As far as booing a champion goes I do not really think most where booing more because it was him. Sure some did but Levi Greenwood could have been standing there and the booing could have been the same. The fans where angry of what they saw as crap umpiring.

Personally I have never booed anyone at the footy but I could sense the reaction coming. It was wrong and not a great look to continue on into speech but I think it just got to the stage during the game that fans where simply too wound up from a range of decisions in the last quarter. We may have shown a bit of poor taste but it has been a while since we have had 50,000 fans show that much passion.

I do not think it really mattered who was there to be honest. As you say the fans where pretty feral because of the events in the last two minutes when the holding the ball decision was not payed but the push in the back for Brown (which was there) was paid.The booing actually started as soon as the siren went. The fans where just going mad because of the injustice they thought took place as far as umpiring goes.

True, but the fans were pretty feral because of the umpiring in the second half, not just the last two minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You support a club that is propped up by the afl and the bigger clubs like Collingwood!!! Without us you’re club would not even exist. Think yourself lucky
Congratulations. That's one of the dumbest things I've read on bigfooty, which takes some doing.

Your lack of awareness is astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back