Remove this Banner Ad

Dixie Flatline

Jun 3, 2005
Leafy eastern suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cartagena C.F., NYJ, A's
It's probably because I had to take a call half-way through the latest episode and missed a good chunk of the second half of the episode, but I'm totally nonplussed by this series now. I can see where peternorth is coming from. Why I should care about Boba Fett and Fennec Shand, as the two principal protagonists, has not yet been made clear to me just yet. I haven't yet summoned up the requisite amount of effort to go back onto Disney+ to watch what I missed.

moistie

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It seems inevitable that Boba will fight the Gamora (whatever their name is), be facing total annihilation only to have everyone unite under his name (all the crime clans, the Tusken Raiders, the cyberbikers and any other groups that have been touched upon in this series) at the last second to force them off Tatooine.

While I want to like it, this series has been underwhelming. It hasn't drawn me in.

There has been at least one plot point an episode where a group or individual has completely failed to live up to the reputation set out for them by the script leading up to that point or just failed to act with common sense in order to better their situation/ complete their mission.

And it is done (Tuscans and the train, Tuscans vs the bikers, the Wookie vs Boba and the bacta tank) just to move the plot along. Its just lazy or poor writing.

I'll watch the last two episodes and hope for an improvement but I'm expecting some fan service and a predicable plot.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

edgie

TheBrownDog
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Mando is definitely going to be in this, I'm sure that was Mando theme music at the end when Fennac said 'money can be muscle' or something like that.

Still don't like the Cyberpunk stuff. Star Wars has kept away from that, cybernetics is only used for medical reasons, not enhancements and upgrades to regular human ability. It definitely doesn't feel like Star Wars, and it especially doesn't fit in with Mos Espa. Large parts of that episode didn't to be honest, felt like generic sci fi stuff, but it was still fun. The music didn't bother me though.

Slave 1 I swear used to have a gun in the middle of the ship just under the cockpit, it definitely has more cannons than just the two in the bottom.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
It seems inevitable that Boba will fight the Gamora (whatever their name is), be facing total annihilation only to have everyone unite under his name (all the crime clans, the Tusken Raiders, the cyberbikers and any other groups that have been touched upon in this series) at the last second to force them off Tatooine.

While I want to like it, this series has been underwhelming. It hasn't drawn me in.

There has been at least one plot point an episode where a group or individual has completely failed to live up to the reputation set out for them by the script leading up to that point or just failed to act with common sense in order to better their situation/ complete their mission.

And it is done (Tuscans and the train, Tuscans vs the bikers, the Wookie vs Boba and the bacta tank) just to move the plot along. Its just lazy or poor writing.

I'll watch the last two episodes and hope for an improvement but I'm expecting some fan service and a predicable plot.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Have to agree with most of this and your first line is exactly how it will end.

I found the crime corporation meeting to be underwhelming. I do admit to a moment of 'yeah finally' when I expected(wanted) Fett to shoot under the table at the big mouth - only to discover the noise was Rancor barking up.

''why should we join you - we can sit back and watch'

''Because by doing nothing you can watch me get over run , then watch the next person get over run - when do you decide to start fighting back? I decide its time now''

But I still would have shot him

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad