Star Wars The Book of Boba Fett

Remove this Banner Ad

Great ep, who was it saying we were unlikely to get dismemberments in SW? Set up well with the final set of flashbacks to launch fully into the present day story over the last 4 eps.

7 episodes for this series I’ve read, usually they’re in seasons of 6, 8 or 10 etc. Not sure if Covid productions have compressed the season or if that was always the plan. We’re more than halfway now, and hoping for a big final 3 episodes.

We're also in an era where if you don't like a particular show you don't need to watch it, there's plenty more to watch instead.
We're also in an era of internet chat sites, where if something you wish was brilliant doesn't reach the mark, you get to deconstruct that without other clowns telling you to vacate because it upsets their fragile fanboi clique mentality! It's possible to give a thumbs down and still be engaged with the experience, and there are no territorial boundaries or memberships here...

Said it before, but Boba is now a flawed, basically nice, possibly misunderstood human being...the irony is I actually like vanilla...

Just watch this, and tell me that if they'd not screwed the character after the point where they introduced a f###ing broomstick, the pathway of pure mystery wouldn't have been waaaaay better (ignore the first scene)...it all fell to bits after the perfection of Empire:

Last edited:

We're also in an era of internet chat sites, where if something you wish was brilliant doesn't reach the mark, you get to deconstruct that without other clowns telling you to vacate because it upsets their fragile fanboi clique mentality! It's possible to give a thumbs down and still be engaged with the experience, and there are no territorial boundaries or memberships here...

Huh?

My post was meant as a "Isn't it great that there's so much content that if there's something we don't like, something we do like will come along soon enough" not as a "piss off out of the thread".

But no surprises who went 0 to 100 on that post.

Are we watching the same show?

Didn’t Bobby sit around the fire and basically say we’re sick of these idiots let’s go alone?

Those clips above highlight these idiots
Well no, we're not watching the same show, in a way! The BF in that Empire clip is "not the same guy" grumbling about his bosses. In Empire, there's no way you can draw a conclusion that he's anyone's patsy, that he doesn't run the show however he feels like it. He's given conditions by Vader and says "as you wish", equating to "sure, whatever", and then on two occasions right around the point Vader is screwing over Lando, BF tells Vader how to do his job...and instead of getting a force choke, he's met with conciliation and promises! If that doesn't bring out a wtf from the audience, as it did to us in 1980, then nothing will. There's a backstory of utter formidable awesomeness here, noone f###s with Boba Fett, not even the most powerful Jedi in history! He's not blind action, he's threat and subterfuge...at the point he's walking past a hidden Luke, if I go by the comic where he tracks down Bar-Kooda, BF detects his presence via his helmet and sets a small trap, which is why he knows Luke is there to take potshots at. The character looks like his weapons, and he's an utterly professional mercenary and an extremely capable hunter, figuring out Solo's float with the garbage manoeuvre. This guy is not going with the flow, he is in complete control of his destiny...

And now we're expected to believe that he's jaded and screwed over, had a conscience buried there all along, and just wants out...? Yeah, we have two different shows going on here...

My post was meant as a "Isn't it great that there's so much content that if there's something we don't like, something we do like will come along soon enough" not as a "piss off out of the thread".

But no surprises who went 0 to 100 on that post.
Yah, right...you didn't say that.

Yah, right...you didn't say that.

Are you an expert in interpreting what my posts mean?

Thought it was a pretty clearly worded post and not directed at anyone in this thread in particular, and yet you're the only one who took it as a personal jab. Reflect on why that may be.

Said it before, but Boba is now a flawed, basically nice, possibly misunderstood human being...the irony is I actually like vanilla...

Just watch this, and tell me that if they'd not screwed the character after the point where they introduced a f###ing broomstick, the pathway of pure mystery wouldn't have been waaaaay better (ignore the first scene)...it all fell to bits after the perfection of Empire:

To me, they started digging Boba's grave the moment they decided to make Vader Luke's father, and completely buried him when they decided make 6 the "last" episode and give everyone a happy ending.

New Hope's big bad guy is pretty much Tarkin, with Vader playing the role of mysterious cool supporting villain. In Empire, Vader takes the big bad role and Boba almost slots into Vader's old spot. I could imagine an alternate universe where, at some point, Vader was eliminated and Boba stepped into the big bad role, maybe down the line in an episode 7 or whatever.

But once it was decided that Vader was Luke's father, and they wanted that happy ending, then they needed that Vader redemption in 6, which meant you needed a bigger bad for him to redeem against - the leader of the Empire fit that bill. Add in the payoff of Jabba who has been a constantly mentioned presence through Ep 4 and 5 and all of a sudden Boba has slipped to 4th on the villain rung and doesn't really have a major purpose any more, so let's just get rid of him by having him be bumped into a blind guy and be knocked into a space monsters mouth or something (look just pencil that in for now, I'm sure we'll come up with something better later).

BOBF is just doing the same as AOTC before it - trying to salvage an interesting story out of that popular character. I'm not sure AOTC did an interesting job of it, and at this point I'm not sure BOBF is either. Maybe BOBF will stick the landing. Or maybe it's just time to accept that Boba will really only be interesting for a total of 5 minutes in 1 movie.

We're also in an era where if you don't like a particular show you don't need to watch it, there's plenty more to watch instead.

Yes and no.

These are classic, iconic characters to many people. These two aren't just 'shows', they're pulling 40 year old characters up to use. It definitely different to something more original that can make it up as it pleases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no.

These are classic, iconic characters to many people. These two aren't just 'shows', they're pulling 40 year old characters up to use. It definitely different to something more original that can make it up as it pleases.

And if they made a show about new characters everyone would be complaining about how boring or disconnected it feels and why oh why can't they just make a new show about Han meeting Obi-Wan or Darth Maul hanging out with Jabba (and yes Gibbke this one IS a tongue in cheek commentary on you).

I look forward to the Ahsoka show with interest.

Obviously you weren't around for a lot of Mandalorian season 2.

Was that the one where you complained about how episodes ended with cliffhangers and weren't resolved within the single episode?

Or was it the one where people complained that too many characters were popping up as cameos?

I forget..

Was that the one where you complained about how episodes ended with cliffhangers and weren't resolved within the single episode?

Or was it the one where people complained that too many characters were popping up as cameos?

I forget..

I said a lot of season two, not all of it. I did complain about the former.

There was a solid 3 or 4 episodes that got universal praise here.

I said a lot of season two, not all of it. I did complain about the former.

There was a solid 3 or 4 episodes that got universal praise here.

Just like episode two of Boba Fett. I don't think he meant literally every single moment of SW evokes unhappiness all of the time, but his general message is entirely accurate.

Obviously you weren't around for a lot of Mandalorian season 2.
Yes I was

…and all the other annoying threads of the past decade

I will pass everyone’s annoyances when I visit Disneyland in December and do the Rides.

I am sure I will find something there to complain about in here.

drumming mike lookinland GIF by HULU
For the love of Grogu, can you please stop calling him Bobby?

Sure

Just like episode two of Boba Fett. I don't think he meant literally every single moment of SW evokes unhappiness all of the time, but his general message is entirely accurate.

I'd be out of here too if it was like, 90% negative, but posts like that make it seem worse than it is. Half the time people are happy. Some people were even happy with the sequels! Just feels that you can't express anything critical without having some hyperbolic post like that made.

I'd be out of here too if it was like, 90% negative, but posts like that make it seem worse than it is. Half the time people are happy. Some people were even happy with the sequels! Just feels that you can't express anything critical without having some hyperbolic post like that made.

Yeah nah you can be critical - as a lot were last week with the chrome bike squad - without the way some go on. The fact that my "How great is it that there's shows for everyone these days" comment was seen as some sort of personal attack probably reveals the mentality of some when they come into these threads, that everything is combative.

Mandalorian season 1 was very good, season 2 was ok but leant too heavily on fan service and nostalgia to be great in its own right, Boba Fett is currently the weakest by a fair margin. None of them are unwatchable. Given some of the EU content I've waded through, I can sit through some average content provided they deliver some genuine quality content along the way. I do wish they would be a little more judicious in their choices... I think a Bo-Katan series that is allegedly in the cards is completely unnecessary, three Mandalorian shows is too much (is Karen Traviss running the show over there). On the other hand, the Acolyte sounds fresh and is probably what I am most looking forward to.

Mandalorian season 1 was very good, season 2 was ok but leant too heavily on fan service and nostalgia to be great in its own right, Boba Fett is currently the weakest by a fair margin. None of them are unwatchable. Given some of the EU content I've waded through, I can sit through some average content provided they deliver some genuine quality content along the way. I do wish they would be a little more judicious in their choices... I think a Bo-Katan series that is allegedly in the cards is completely unnecessary, three Mandalorian shows is too much (is Karen Traviss running the show over there). On the other hand, the Acolyte sounds fresh and is probably what I am most looking forward to.
Bo katan show just sounds like what we expected Mando s3 to be. To be honest I think Boba Fett should be Mandalorian: Book of Boba Fett, and Bo Katan be Mandalorian: The Book of Bo Katan as they feel like interludes of that continuous show.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back